Recon at Waypoint review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good review, I think three stars is fair.

Nam I know you hate this, and I can see why you'd be disappointed due to its price, but it really is a nice piece in hand.

Only think that really bothers me is the snow which doesn't look one lick like snow. It looks like blobs of clay airbrushed white.

I've had lots of offers already for Timber, but I'll be keeping him for now. I'm sure I can find something to do with him...

Good review, I think three stars is fair.

Nam I know you hate this, and I can see why you'd be disappointed due to its price, but it really is a nice piece in hand.

I never said it wasn't, and I never said I hated it. :lol What I said was that there's no way in hell it's worth the price tag.

Only think that really bothers me is the snow which doesn't look one lick like snow. It looks like blobs of clay airbrushed white.

Well, have you tried licking it? :dunno

Just not as emotionally attached to this piece as he would be... say... a gimmicky, overpriced GH Buck Rodgers figure or a $300 Nerf gun. :lol

It's funny. I used to be pretty on par with the opinions in his reviews, but lately rather than hitting the bullseye, IMO, the dart's been hitting the wall next to the board. :dunno

I felt that way too, *cough*low-ball Lando score*cough*. :monkey1

To be fair the Indy review wasn't his. His photos not his words. I do kinda feel that Crawford has been phoning it in for awhile.

He still put his name on it vs. doing one himself. That figure was 2-stars at best.

right at the top of the review:

"The following is a guest review. The review does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Michael Crawford or Michael's Review of the Week, and are the opinion and work of the guest author."

...What I said was that there's no way in hell it's worth the price tag...

Actually, while I think it is a tiny bit over-priced, it isn't that far off. This thing is very heavy and has a lot of detail to it. And Timber is very well done! You should see a close-up of his mouth and teeth! Almost look real! To each their own, but I'm glad I got one.

Interestingly enough. I was very interested in the one pice MC paid almost no attention to (as far as pictures). And that is the Pelican case. I would love to have seen a few close-ups of that so I could see how detailed it is.

Actually, while I think it is a tiny bit over-priced, it isn't that far off. This thing is very heavy and has a lot of detail to it. And Timber is very well done! You should see a close-up of his mouth and teeth! Almost look real! To each their own, but I'm glad I got one.

Yes, but as Prog has said, it could've been made out of another, less heavy material. Just 'cause something's heavy doesn't mean it needs a price tag to match.

Irish is the one that doesn't care what its made out of. I like polystone...but I still think its overpriced. I tend to lean on the "its overpriced because SSC only wants to make 750 of them" argument.

Yes, but as Prog has said, it could've been made out of another, less heavy material. Just 'cause something's heavy doesn't mean it needs a price tag to match.

Yeah I have to agree. As much as I'm one to fall into that "heavy=valuable" trick I also know it's generally bs.

hmm. i wouldn't use my RPs for this if I could help it. you can get it on ebay for $100 or less. its $86 from BigBadToyStore via amazon. i'd use my RPs for something that hasn't lost its value already.

Use your RPs for another Joe. I paid for Waypoint when the price started dropping, so looking at it that way you don't pay an inflated price for it through SS.

Back