Recon at Waypoint review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think the "highly possible" was just aimed at a "new snake eyes". it just so happened that the timber part was attached to the same question. see, SS is sneaky like that.

Its never a fail to improve their products. Who wouldn't want a bigger Timber or improved Jedi Luke?

Fact is, we should've gotten a good Timber with the version of Snake Eyes that Timber came with, not attached to the overpriced corner of a house to give it legitimacy as a Joe product. Including him with the Commando version is lame and will likely just be an excuse to jack up the price to $150.

What's done is done with the Waypoint environment. No sense in complaining about it now. Timber debuted in 1983 when he was picked up by Commando SE in MASS Device. So it does make sense to include them together and to take the opportunity to resculpt it into a properly large wolf.

Although smaller Im content with the waypoint version, a new SE with Timber would run 200$

What exactly is the "cartoon accurate" Timber you asked about, Khev? I was about 9 or 10 when the original G.I. Joe MASS series came out, and I can't remember exactly how Timber looked.

He was bigger with a black stripe down his back. Sometimes he wore sunglasses and walked upright if the situation called for it.

Ok, I don't want a sunglass wearing, upright walking Timber. I'll take a bigger version, though.

I don't want a new Timber. What's done is done is right - and it's time to move on to other things.

We got Timber in the Recon set - for those of us who did get it, it'd be a big slap in the face, because yes, that was a pretty significant selling point. Now I'm sure some don't care about that - much in the same way that I would love Hot Toys to redo Scar Predator and/or Hicks, and thus, lower the value of their precious items from $800.00 plus or whatever they're at right now. I get that. But when we've got so much more GI Joe stuff they could be developing instead of ANOTHER wolf, I can't see the reason to sculpt a new one, especially since the original commando version figure didn't come with it anyway.

I think the best solution would be to sell a new Timber as Commando SE's exclusive accessory. People who already have Waypoint Timber can pay less and get just the figure. Those of us who want both can get both.

Back