Rebelscum Sideshow Coverage

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gdb said:
Is it me or do these shots somehow make the figures so much more.... necassary than the shots on the Sideshow website?

Could it be that the photography methods employed here are superior? That the pictures on the website simply don't do these figures justice? That everyone so critical of Mace and Han and PF Frodo are, in actuallity, overreating to the qualities of the photos and not the figures?

I think it has to do with the natural lighting and non white backgrounds of these pictures not "washing" the details out of the faces and clothing that the official Sideshow pictures seem to do.

I would be kicking myself right now if I hadn't ordered these because of the reactions to the face sculpts and paint jobs.

gdb said:
Is it me or do these shots somehow make the figures so much more.... necassary than the shots on the Sideshow website?

Could it be that the photography methods employed here are superior? That the pictures on the website simply don't do these figures justice? That everyone so critical of Mace and Han and PF Frodo are, in actuallity, overreating to the qualities of the photos and not the figures?
It's not just you, these do sell the figures better then the SSC pics.
I think they put the figure in a real place and give you some perspective with the other figures. I also think it's the Rebel Scum guys posing them so they're trying all the cool posses that fans would like to see them in.
Personally, the Toy Fair photos don't change my opinions any more then the SSC photos in regards to the head sculpts. But they do make them feel more desirable.

I would also agree that it's not just you. Once these things are seen in person by lots of people, and when more and more pictures begin to circulate, even more fans will get on board the line. Friday mornings are going to get a lot worse...

Catalog shots are always going to look flatter and more washed out since they are trying to get all the products to look the same. Seeing them in a real environment adds to the depth of field and the different types of shadowing adds to the realism.

TheObsoleteMan said:
I feel like a fool for making any criticism of the Mace Windu figure becuase that is one bad MF'er. :cool:

don't feel bad. folks on rebel scum are still saying these look like crap. :confused:

i know sideshow can't make everyone happy, but these figures shown at toyfair are just amazing. i'm blown away!:banana

Awesome! Thanks for posting pics. My daughter is looking forward to these even more now.

Any news on the big boys yet?

My faith in preordering all of them seems to be fully justified! Great stuff from Rebelscum there, and I can't wait to see the Leia, who I've also got on order.

Luke, Obi-Wan, Kit, and Mace seem dead-on. I'm just perfectly happy with them. Anakin and Han need to shed a few sixth-scale pounds, but they're not too shabby either...

Elwood, thanks for clearing up the lightsabre issue with Mace! I thought it was Maul's halved lightsabre, as I never got a clear look at Mace's sabre in TPM. It was supposed to be blue, too?

Anyway, this is one wonderful collectible line! :banana

I really didnt think it was possible for them to look that good. Sideshow has outdone themsleves AGAIN. I need luke.

tomandshell said:
This is one of my favorite shots:

IMG_0118.JPG

I love this shot, too. It sort of looks like he's reaching for his wallet in his sleeve. They're all looking great. Can't wait to see more poses.

Batty said:
I love this shot, too. It sort of looks like he's reaching for his wallet in his sleeve. They're all looking great. Can't wait to see more poses.
The robes have been done to perfection. They flow prefectly.

I cannot get over how amazing these things look. Every bit of detail that needs to be there is there it looks like to me. I cannot wait and see what they do with Vader, Maul, Clones, etc.:banana

Luke is shipping soon, so there's no reason for him not to be a production piece (or at least a factory proof).

And he looks awecore! :joy

Back