Rate The Last Game You FINISHED..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arkham Knight 8.5/10

+
Art Design
Graphics
Combat
Doing non-tank Batman stuff around city
Replayability (thank god they cut down on the trophy # and made it easier to hunt them)

-
Bosses (most were just tank fights... was severely disappointed when they even made the Deathstroke fight a ****ing tank battle. Otherwise, I didn't actually mind the tank THAT much)

Could have been easy 9.5 if they just gave us real boss fights instead of tank fights.

I have a love hate relationship with Arkham Knight. My three big issues were the Arkham Knight's identity, the slightly over-reliance on the car, and the lack of mission variety/boss fights. Maybe my expectations were too high.

I do think it's my least favorite of the trilogy (with Asylum being my favorite) and I've come to accept the game as it is, flaws and all, but even then there's no denying it's an incredibly solid game. I still find myself replaying it from time to time.

It is, and honestly, if you've played any Assassins Creed since the 2nd one (or any action rpg really), this almost feels like a copy and paste. It's a well made game....but little to no innovation. It all comes down to whether you're into the setting and characters... the latter being extremely boring.

I'd like a little more interactivity with the robots in the next one. Maybe a little Shadow of the Colossus style climbing on the big ones...or maybe even a hack ability that lets you control them first hand.

I like the concept enough but it wasn't executed in a compelling way, in my opinion. I guess that, given the size of the game's robotic enemies, I was expecting there to be some platforming involved, similar to that in Shadow of the Colossus. Instead, it just feels like more of the same to me. It's like you said, enjoyment of the game hinges largely on whether the characters and environments appeal to you, and I couldn't care less for either of those things in Horizon. :/

I have a love hate relationship with Arkham Knight. My three big issues were the Arkham Knight's identity, the slightly over-reliance on the car, and the lack of mission variety/boss fights. Maybe my expectations were too high.

I do think it's my least favorite of the trilogy (with Asylum being my favorite) and I've come to accept the game as it is, flaws and all, but even then there's no denying it's an incredibly solid game. I still find myself replaying it from time to time.

I agree with Everything you mentioned. I will say that the trailer of Thomas Wayne speaking to Bruce through his will is one of the best Video Game Trailers of all time.

I played Silent Hill 2 from start to end for the second time. I don't know if it's me or what, but Silent Hill was always one of my favorite series as a kid cause it terrified me. But I realized how easy it really is. The story is still amazing but I feel like the gameplay isn't all there.

And now I started Silent Hill 3 again and omg is it boring in the beginning.

The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone. Its amazing how much this series makes you feel for the secondary characters. 9/10

I played Silent Hill 2 from start to end for the second time. I don't know if it's me or what, but Silent Hill was always one of my favorite series as a kid cause it terrified me. But I realized how easy it really is. The story is still amazing but I feel like the gameplay isn't all there.

And now I started Silent Hill 3 again and omg is it boring in the beginning.

Silent Hill's gameplay has always taken a back seat to story and presentation.

I feel like my biggest problem with it is that it’s such an evolution over the previous iterations that it starts to feel less like the culmination of “what we learned doing Asylum and City” and moreso like a new beginning, and, as such, it feels like a new beginning that introduces a whole bunch of new elements without building on them, refining them, and crafting a better balance in subsequent entries. In a way, its role as the “grand finale” kind of hurt it more than it helped it because there’s this expectation of bigger being better and going off on this high note, but when you’re juggling so many different things, it becomes this hodge podge of “bigger things” that also happens to be less cohesive.

Had they another entry that better balanced gameplay with Batmobile traversal, built better boss fights and refined some of the cool features like detective mode (scanning through CCTV angles to find out who abducted Babs was infinitely cooler than those CSI holographic movies that Origins introduced, IMO) and dual play (I feel like they unknowingly introduced the perfect foundation for drop-in/drop-out co-op with this feature and it’s downright criminal that we never got to see it evolve), I feel like people might not only look back on AK more fondly but also feel like they actually achieved that “ultimate” Batman experience.

Last edited:
Finally I can proudly, maybe not, say that I have finally finished Bloodborne! Minus the optional bosses.
10/10

Wolfenstein 2: 9/10. Great feeling and playing shooter with a great story (for a fps) and a satisfying endig to the story.

Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt, Hearts of Stone, Blood in Wine all for the first time in one go. 10/10 great story, great gameplay, tremendous visuals. The perfect package.

Horizon Zero Dawn.

Mother of dragons, this was such an incredible game!

I loved the post-apocalyptic story, and the main protagonist Alloy. I don't recall the final stat, but it was a good 60 hours before I finished the game. Now granted that's not the primary story, however the side quests and breath taking open world made it feel rude not to explore.

Photo mode was a cool feature, and I spent quite some time generating a life time of backgrounds for my PS Pro :lol

Plenty of Costumes and modifications. My personal favourite:

Rating:
9/10 - Beautiful.
A real pleasure for any sci-fi fan or indeed sandbox world games. I wish I could wipe my memory and play it for the 1st time all over again.

Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt, Hearts of Stone, Blood in Wine all for the first time in one go. 10/10 great story, great gameplay, tremendous visuals. The perfect package.

Good gravy, someone else besides me on SSF has played this game :clap. I wish our friends in the VG section had the patience for it.

Good gravy, someone else besides me on SSF has played this game :clap. I wish our friends in the VG section had the patience for it.

The Witcher 3 is awesome, I can't actually imagine alot of people here haven't played it, it's one of the all time greats in gaming. The game took me almost a year to beat but I had to take breaks and play other games.

Last game I finsihed was Nier Automata. 10/10

The combatm and gameplay is amazing but it's the story that lifts this up for me, I don't think I've played anything like it before, I blew through the whole story in about 2 weeks, I couldn't get enough of it.

I also just beat the Nioh 3 DLC add on's. 9/10 for me. The only thing that knocks it down to a 9 from a 10 is that I can't really follow the actual story, I get the jest of it but the names and characters look so similar that I have a hard time telling the villains from the good guys some times. Still, the game play is fantastic and one of last years best.

currently playing Zelda: Breath of the wild.

Mario Odyssey 100% - 8.5/10

Not mind blowing but it's a blast of a game. it relied on a lot of tried and true mechanics of the 3D Mario games so it didn't really innovate too much, but the added mechanics and just all around, creative way you can play the game is inspiring and does not exist in enough gaming. The individual worlds while fun, don't feel as unique or truly classic as say...Mario 64 or even Mario Sunshine, but that's likely a nostalgic bias...considering the Mushroom Kingdom level in this game is my favorite, specifically for that nostalgia. It just feels great, and I honestly wouldn't mind a full graphically upgraded version of Mario 64. There are some neat designs and surprises that come up like a particular kingdom called the "ruined kingdom" which was criminally short and only used as a boss battle...Sadly I wished it was a fully fleshed out world. Alas.

The story is dumb and typical...but Mario and "story" :lol come on now...

There's a ton of content though and the game feels complete. Even the bonus costumes can all be unlocked WITHIN THE GAME madness!

I played this game in relatively short bursts while I slogged through other modern games. When I got a little dissatisfied with the melodrama of those other modern games, I came back to this to cleanse the palette. It's truly a fun GAME.

Legend of Zelda BOTW on switch - 8.5/10

enjoyed my experience on my return to Nintendo platform! the story of this game is okay at best.

Assassin's Creed Origins on PC - 9.0/10

Best comeback for the franchise, really fresh, Amazing Graphics !

Yup. I get the impression that Konami reduced the budget with each sequel. Thus Silent Hill 3 reusing same areas as SH2.

Interesting point. SH4 would be the exception as it wasn't originally penned as a Silent Hill title, but it seemingly lacked the input that 1 and 2 received. I haven't finished any of the series' other titles outside of those produced by Team Silent, though.

Mario Odyssey 100% - 8.5/10

Legend of Zelda BOTW on switch - 8.5/10

These are probably the fairest and most accurate scores for these games that I've seen. As much as I love Nintendo and these franchises, neither of these games (in my opinion) deserve the perfect scores that they've widely received across the board -- for several reasons. I enjoyed the hell out of them, though.

Back