Rate The Last Game You FINISHED..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting point. SH4 would be the exception as it wasn't originally penned as a Silent Hill title, but it seemingly lacked the input that 1 and 2 received. I haven't finished any of the series' other titles outside of those produced by Team Silent, though.

Shattered Memories is fantastic, especially if you play it on the Wii. There isn't any gameplay beyond simple exploration but story will keep you guessing till the end. I've never beaten Homecoming or Book of Memories, I thought Origins was worth playing and I've never played Downpour due to the lack of Akira Yamaoka.

Doki Doki Literature Club - 9/10

This one came as a complete surprise to me. A cousin recommended it during a Christmas party, and said that it was even free on Steam. I won't spoil it by discussing the plot in detail, but, essentially, it revolves around a Literature Club at a Japanese High School - where you're a male protagonist who's surrounded by beautiful anime waifus. However, that's only on the surface. It has enough fourth-wall breaking that I haven't seen since MGS 2. There are also some sinister parts that will keep you up at night - which reminds me about the following warning on the intro screen: " This game is not suitable for children under 13 or those who are easily disturbed." To top it off, I'd also recommend heavy drinking :lol. This is the first game that made me go out for a walk, and text my girlfriend at 1:00 AM. It's also the first game that I won't be playing ever again, because it's... just a bit too much.

Highly recommended for a boring weekend, or if you have a few days off from work and can afford to sleep in late (highly recommended for the guy above this post, too).

Doki Doki Literature Club - 9/10

This one came as a complete surprise to me. A cousin recommended it during a Christmas party, and said that it was even free on Steam. I won't spoil it by discussing the plot in detail, but, essentially, it revolves around a Literature Club at a Japanese High School - where you're a male protagonist who's surrounded by beautiful anime waifus. However, that's only on the surface. It has enough fourth-wall breaking that I haven't seen since MGS 2. There are also some sinister parts that will keep you up at night - which reminds me about the following warning on the intro screen: " This game is not suitable for children under 13 or those who are easily disturbed." To top it off, I'd also recommend heavy drinking :lol. This is the first game that made me go out for a walk, and text my girlfriend at 1:00 AM. It's also the first game that I won't be playing ever again, because it's... just a bit too much.

Highly recommended for a boring weekend, or if you have a few days off from work and can afford to sleep in late (highly recommended for the guy above this post, too).

I have been hearing a lot about this game. I got to check it out.

Far cry 3
Never touched this franchise before, I’m glad I got to play this game, really good story and fun to play for sure.

I have been extremely bored my the vast majority of games I've played recently.

Tomb Raider and Deus Ex in particular.

I played them for 2/3 hours each and deleted them. Very disappointing. I'm afraid that I only like 2 or 3 games a year now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played Blood dragon for five minutes, but dunno why what happened after that, thank for reminding to get back to it.

Yeah Primal been out for awhile, and quite entertaining from what I’ve seen.

Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly (Sony PlayStation 2)

A few thoughts:

- Its combat isn’t necessarily fluid and this shortcoming is made apparent when you’re faced with multiple enemies at once, but not only is this reasonable when considering the game’s means of it (the Camera Obscura), it’s also characteristic of Survival Horror titles from its era.
- Its atmosphere (which I consider to be its strength) is rich and, at the game’s most engrossing moments, almost palpable, and that quality complements its narrative nicely.
- I appreciated its disregard of cheap scares in favour of building tension and unease.
- Its sound design is suitably creepy although it could have done without the song played during the end/credits.

Overall a classic, engaging Survival Horror experience despite its limitations. It mostly stands the test of time.

8/10

Arkham VR 8/10 -Very well done game, way too short like most VR games.
Farpoint 7/10 - The graphics and gameplay were awesome (must have the aim controller for the complete experience) but the story left a lot to be desired, the last two hours we're pretty lame.
Rush of Blood 8/10- basic on rails horror shooter, I had a lot of fun with it. Lots of replay value.

Currently playing the inpatient, it's interesting so far.

Dead Cells (early access) - 9/10

Dumb fun. Beautiful looking dumb fun with cool music and awesome sound effects.

Completed the Batman tellTale game season 1. 8/10

I really enjoy all the Tell Tale Series of games and this one did not disappoint. Hard decisions to be made as usual and a few twists on the orignal Batman lore make for a great story!

Super Meat Boy: 9/10

I had heard of this game years ago but was busy chewing through my backlog pile. I saw it was on sale through the PS Store for $1.49. Best buck fifty I’ve ever spent in my life.

Super Meat Boy: 9/10

I had heard of this game years ago but was busy chewing through my backlog pile. I saw it was on sale through the PS Store for $1.49. Best buck fifty I’ve ever spent in my life.

The same here! I'd always wanted to try it and I couldn't resist the sale price.

Outstanding platformer with a killer soundtrack. I wish I'd played it sooner.

9/10

Arkham Asylum PS4 9/10 For the time it came out. Gave us what most would call the best Superhero game series bar none, certainly gave birth to the best Batman games.

The tone, world design, characters, combat, are all fantastic. The voice acting is amazing, kudos to Rocksteady for being so passionate for hiring Paul Dini and Kevin Conroy/Mark Hamill.

Parts of the story are amazing, however it falls in some areas. Boss fights leave much to be desired.

One of my favorite Easter Eggs is seeing Ra's Al Ghuls toe tag/body in a freezer, if you come back later the League has stolen it.

Telltale Batman Season One. 5/10. Terrible story and all the same old Telltale bugs and studdering. A couple decent moments and a pretty cool Batsuit couldn't save the worst villain reveal in the history of Batman games, some serious Batman lore taboos and a Bruce Wayne character model that looks like Archer. Piss poor attempt TTGs.

Far Cry 5. 8/10.

Fun to play but the story is at complete odds with the actual gameplay. Arcade is probably the best place to spend your online gaming time right now.

Back