Rate The Last Game You FINISHED..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Completed Demons souls last week.

Hmmm, im going to give it an 8. Its got big glaring flaws and still manages to be a brilliant game. Id say its better than Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne. I wouldnt say its worse than DS1 or 2. However id give DS2 a higher score. Which is hard to put in to words. The one thing i think is unforgivable about Demons souls is that when you sign in, the internet connection alters the world you are in's difficulty based on the amount of people who play it either easier or tougher. So when you play it for the first time, and its been out 7 years, and everybody has already beat it the game shifts you towards the harder difficulty. Actually a 2nd unforgivable thing, the semi-main final boss can actually de-level you mid battle, and youve lost thoes levels.So if you need 30 strength to wield a huge sword, you just level to 30 on that stat. So if you get de-levelled during battle you cant fight any more. Not to mention after you get bodied you need to grind, and grind to get your stats back because buying a level is so high because you re at the end of the game. I can see why these mechanics were taken out.

Id fully endorse anybody to pick up the game though. Any of the souls games they're great,

I've back tracking the Souls series now, I played Blood Borne, I'm on my second play through now, I've beaten Dark Souls 3 twice, waiting for DLC to come out for my third play through and I've beaten Dark Souls 2. Dark Souls 1 is next on my list followed by Demon Souls, I like what here about Demon souls, I actually thought the other games were average difficulty with some pretty difficult bosses here and there but nothing that made me want to quit the game. So far BloodBorne and Dark Souls 3 are my favorite games of this generation, their perfect, hopefully Dark Souls and Demon Souls wind up being as fun for me as Dark Souls 3 is.

I've back tracking the Souls series now, I played Blood Borne, I'm on my second play through now, I've beaten Dark Souls 3 twice, waiting for DLC to come out for my third play through and I've beaten Dark Souls 2. Dark Souls 1 is next on my list followed by Demon Souls, I like what here about Demon souls, I actually thought the other games were average difficulty with some pretty difficult bosses here and there but nothing that made me want to quit the game. So far BloodBorne and Dark Souls 3 are my favorite games of this generation, their perfect, hopefully Dark Souls and Demon Souls wind up being as fun for me as Dark Souls 3 is.

Dark Souls 3 arguably " plays " the best. But when you go back to the older games, you can really feel all of the gameplay elements that were gutted in order to make the newer games like DS3 and Bloodborne more accessible to new comers. In DS3 you dont need to worry about upgrading your armor, or your shield. You dont need to be worrying about carrying multiple weapons because they break easily like they do in prior games in which you need to manually repair your weapons, shields and armor on a regular basis. The great thing about the souls games, is they get better the further you go back. Theres no huge graphical down grade, and the systems actually get more advanced.

I played bloodborne first, NG+2 it. Then i got Dark Souls 1 Prepair to die edition, beat that twice. Got Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the first sin edition, beat that like 5 times. Got DS3 and i got up to NG+7 then i bought Demons Souls. They are truely glorious games.

Id say going in blind, to any of the games as a players FIRST game id say DS1 is the hardest. But of course if DS1 is more like the 4th game youve played then it wont be that hard. But i think thats where it peaks for difficulty.

Dark Souls 3 arguably " plays " the best. But when you go back to the older games, you can really feel all of the gameplay elements that were gutted in order to make the newer games like DS3 and Bloodborne more accessible to new comers. In DS3 you dont need to worry about upgrading your armor, or your shield. You dont need to be worrying about carrying multiple weapons because they break easily like they do in prior games in which you need to manually repair your weapons, shields and armor on a regular basis. The great thing about the souls games, is they get better the further you go back. Theres no huge graphical down grade, and the systems actually get more advanced.

I played bloodborne first, NG+2 it. Then i got Dark Souls 1 Prepair to die edition, beat that twice. Got Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the first sin edition, beat that like 5 times. Got DS3 and i got up to NG+7 then i bought Demons Souls. They are truely glorious games.

Id say going in blind, to any of the games as a players FIRST game id say DS1 is the hardest. But of course if DS1 is more like the 4th game youve played then it wont be that hard. But i think thats where it peaks for difficulty.

Gameplay wise 3 and bloodborne feel like they run on the same game engine (Not sure if that's the right word) but they they feel very similar. I will say I do prefer the guns in Bloodborne over the shields of Dark Souls, there's just something so satisfying about blasting some cleaver wielding jackass in the face as he's about to hit you and you watch him drop to a knee and then smash your fist into his chest and rip him apart. I could never get the shield parry down in the Souls games so I always just blocked and waited for my window of attack.

I will say that playing Bloodborne after having gone through Dark Souls 2 and 3, the boss fights are less impressive in Bloodborne. There's nothing in bloodborne that really gave that feeling that I got when in Dark Souls 2 when the (I think this was his name) Iron King came out of the lava pit as a giant hell demon beast and started marching towards you, or when in 3 when the Nameless king flew down on his dragon bird and you realized you were going to have to fight him while he rode that thing. Truly magically gaming moments. Even talking about those is making me want to pick up Demon Souls and Dark Souls lol

Bloodborne does have the most lackluster designs. And here is the thing, you are saying how much more impressive the bosses are in DS2 and 3... and the people who played Demons Souls and DS1 think they are pretty boring compared to the prior games! Lots of bosses in Ds 2 and 3 are pretty much " big guy " with a few creatures here and there. With Demons, and Dark Souls 1 once you walked through that fog gate more than half a time you are fighting a giant Kaiju. Its nice being used to the gun in Bloodborne fighting towns folk but in Demons Souls when you walk through a fog door and theres a creature the size of godzilla you just stand there with your finger held down on L1 because you are overwhelmed by what you are seeing and you need to use the shield to block while you get up the cojones to actually try and take it on.

Resident Evil 6 (PS4) Chris's Campaign - 4/10

THE worst RE experience I've ever played. This was actually so much worse then I could have expected. Chris's character just can't stop getting worse...His story was devoid of anything at all, it was just a bad romance with Piers, and ''ra ra ra kill Ada for killing my men'; I don't think he was this obsessed with Wesker for everything he did. And his campaign (didn't play Leon's, Jake's or Ada's yet) just shows the worst in the series. It just dragged and dragged, way too many QTEs and most of them idiotic, bad combat (worse probably since he deals with more gun wielding enemies...) a lack of horror and anything notable, annoying enemies and animations. I figured get the worst out of the way but jeeze.

I simply can't believe people say Chris's campaign is the best in the game and that nothing was wrong it. This was not even fun, it was plain awful.

Uncharted 3 - Drake's Deception (PS4): 8/10.

Until recently, I'd only ever played (and finished) Uncharted 2 on the PS3, within this franchise. With the release of Uncharted 4 looming, a couple of months ago, I purchased the whole collection and started w/ the first game, skipped the second (again, I'd already finished it years ago) and finished the third. I've yet to start the fourth game, but may this weekend. To date, the second game - Among Thieves - is my favorite within the series, earning a 9/10. The third seems to borrow a bit heavily from the second's theatrical flourishes, and the ending (I won't spoil it) seemed eerily similar to the first game. Just my .02.

Firewatch 6.5/10

Despite a low budget, this game does have a lot going for it. The basic premise of a man going to spend the summer in a national park manning a fire-watchtower doesn't sound like an exciting premise, but as soon as strange stuff starts happening and your character starts being stalked. While you and your unseen supervisor who you communicate with via radio are practically the only characters, it adds to the sense of isolation as the tension builds. The atmosphere is truly eerie, and a few times I found myself walking backwards just to avoid what I assumed was an imminent jump scare.
Unfortunatly this game really lets me down in the final hour, as all the creepy stuff has a rather lame resolution; most of it being a mundane coincidence. You also get the sense while playing that this game was intended to be longer and a couple hours had been cut. Something just feels unfinished. I get that some people love this "being mundane is the point. that is how real life is" stuff, but that mentality has always felt unfulfilling for me, and I tend to look for something a bit more escapist in my entertainment. Personally there is nothing more disappointing for me than when a great premise drops the ball, and while overall I had a pretty good time playing this, the ending left a bad taste in my mouth.

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD - 8.5/10

Issues aside, deliberate slow animation...things, it's great and the few changes did help though they could have gone the extra mile, especially with the visuals itself. All around still great to play 10 years later.

I been doing a crazy rush to beat major backlog games in my collection.

1. Infamous Second Son 7/10 It kinda bored me. But the story was entertaining enough.

2. Killzone Shadow Fall 8/10 This was actually a lot better than I read. Was entertaining till the end. That wingsuit part was intense.

3. Knack 8/10 Am I the only one here who thought this was harder than blood borne? Lol

4. Game of Thrones S1 9/10 This game was brutal haha the choices man.

5. Assassins Creed Unity 6/10 Was a little difficult to stay focused and continue playing it but I did.

6. Ratchet & Clank 9/10 Pure gaming bliss.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Firewatch 6.5/10

Despite a low budget, this game does have a lot going for it. The basic premise of a man going to spend the summer in a national park manning a fire-watchtower doesn't sound like an exciting premise, but as soon as strange stuff starts happening and your character starts being stalked. While you and your unseen supervisor who you communicate with via radio are practically the only characters, it adds to the sense of isolation as the tension builds. The atmosphere is truly eerie, and a few times I found myself walking backwards just to avoid what I assumed was an imminent jump scare.
Unfortunatly this game really lets me down in the final hour, as all the creepy stuff has a rather lame resolution; most of it being a mundane coincidence. You also get the sense while playing that this game was intended to be longer and a couple hours had been cut. Something just feels unfinished. I get that some people love this "being mundane is the point. that is how real life is" stuff, but that mentality has always felt unfulfilling for me, and I tend to look for something a bit more escapist in my entertainment. Personally there is nothing more disappointing for me than when a great premise drops the ball, and while overall I had a pretty good time playing this, the ending left a bad taste in my mouth.
I agree with you on the ending. But I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Ok, here's something I managed to finish recently - the original DMC demo that came with Code Veronica on PS2.

I loved it! :lol

As I mentioned earlier on, the entire premise grates on me, but the game play is about as fun & engaging as it gets - & that's just the DEMO. It's actually quite a big demo game - 3 missions, & it feels like a full game unto itself. :rock

I'll probably get a copy of the original PS2 game at some point, but I'm not really keen to jump into the series to be honest. Don't know what the PS3 remake or whatever is like, but I'm good for now with just adding DMC1 to the library eventually.. perhaps.

Ok, here's something I managed to finish recently - the original DMC demo that came with Code Veronica on PS2.

I loved it! :lol

As I mentioned earlier on, the entire premise grates on me, but the game play is about as fun & engaging as it gets - & that's just the DEMO. :lol

I'll probably get a copy of the original PS2 game at some point, but I'm not really keen to jump into the series to be honest. Don't kmow what the PS3 remake or whatever is like, but I'm good for now with just adding DMC1 to the library eventually.

The PS3 version was a HD port of the PS2 game, that's about it though. Some parts looks washed out and lacks polish, but is probably better than hooking up your PS2 to a HDTV.

Did you beat Ghostbusters, by the way?

You're too fast mate, can you re-quote my edited post? :lol

As far as GB goes - it's on hold. I'm not the kind of person that can sit there for hours (although I have been known to do that on occasion with the Tomb Raider games over the years), & I've been buying lots of games across multiple systems lately, so it's about balancing my time out to get to them all.

Thanks for the heads up on DMC for PS3. Maybe I should just aim for that one eventually then?

See? told you Vin, you would like it. :lecture not sure why the premise grates you, DMC's story is almost intentionally bad. You need to listen to us more!

Get the HD Collection, I believe they patched a few bugs from the PS2 games but I think it ranges from things...DMC 1 has some cutscenes not properly upscaled namely pre-rendered, DMC 2 just plain SUCKS like it always has and anyone who tells you otherwise only likes it cause they suck (it almost killed the franchise - that early on. That's a ****ing feat in itself) and DMC 3 has the occasional frame rate drop, but it's only when some fights begin. You also get some really lovely bonus featuers.

:lol Cheers man.

When I say it 'grates' on me, it's all the angel / devil / religious overtone business - blech. So too with things that touch on the occult etc. It makes my skin crawl.

It makes it a bit difficult to avoid entirely though, when there are sprinklings of that all through modern media & pop culture, & some of the game series' I've come to enjoy over the years happen to go there on occasion.. so, yeah.

I don't know how I'm going to go with Silent Hill 2 - I finally found a pristine standard edition PS2 copy on eBay recently for a great price. :lol

It's more or less a joke or something. Get over it! You gotta man up in order to not die in this series!....this does make me wonder how you'll fare with Silent Hill 2 :cuckoo:

Until Dawn - 7.5/10. Amusing game with actors I know (and some I don't care about) that is kind of like Heavy Rain with parody horror elements...and some actually good horror elements! Also looks beautiful, frame rate and tearing aside, and has some novel ideas to get more out of the game.

Incidentally, I watched some game play video of SH3 the other day & it looked creepy, but pretty cool nonetheless.

I've played enough of these games over the years, so I think I'll be right mate. :lol

Back