Rate The Last Game You FINISHED..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kojima is in it for photo ops with stars and being tied to Hollywood in the most minuscule way possible. It was quite refreshing hearing Hayter's take on Kojima. It really put in perspective what I've assumed for years now.

What did he say again? And where?

"The thing that’s different about Hayter compared to other voice actors is that he is also an accomplished Hollywood screenwriter. As Hideo Kojima is widely known to be a fan of movies, I asked whether Kojima was envious of Hayter’s actual Hollywood experience. His response was thought provoking to say the least."

“Calls for speculation.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ollieb...he-joys-of-being-covered-in-goo/#174c8cef59aa

Considering how much Kojima eats Reedus's and Del Toro's asses, I think it's right on the money.

The HD Collection is garbage, not worth anyone's time. Avoid like the plague.

Absolutely, it's truly a masterpiece of interactive physiological horror. I really feel bad for some of my friends who refuse to play the series.
Ps3 version fixed all the bugs I thought? Definitely don't get the 360 version since I know they didn't bother. SH2 was fine for me when I played it, not sure about SH3 though.

Sent from my 404SC using Tapatalk

Finally got around to playing Oxenfree. Just finished it last night.

Solid 9/10.

For everyone who like a lot of branching dialogue and multiple scenarios/playthroughs, this is a game worth playing for sure.

Resident Evil 6 - Jake's Campaign 5/10

Far better then Chris's campgain, though because of Chris there's a lot of re-use/stuff I saw before and the sequences were more interesting. Still not good though and the fact that Capcom wants us to believe Wesker hooked up with a random ass woman kills the story for me. It was notably shorter than Chris's campaign though, took me about half the time :cuckoo:

You'd appreciate this, Ryan.

Wow! That's amazing!

Not to mention lord knows if Kojima's new game will be any good. If it flops, then maybe the Konami stuff will end. All Kojima has with that game is his own huge inflated name. Exclusivity be damned, that won't be enough.

I mean, look at Keiji Inafune's Mighty No. 9 flop. He got so ahead of himself that even Hideki Kamiya called him out by saying he's just a business man and not a creator.

Hideki Kamiya- keepin' it real. Too real.

Ps3 version fixed all the bugs I thought? Definitely don't get the 360 version since I know they didn't bother. SH2 was fine for me when I played it, not sure about SH3 though.

Sent from my 404SC using Tapatalk

Not at all. It's certainly "playable" but it's far from ideal. Missing effects and textures, incorrect lighting and a re-dub SH3 with some crap actors that now sound like anime. A poor port that should be buried next to those E.T cartridges. I hope we get a second try on PS4.

Why not just go with this instead of the PS2 version?

Also, Silent Hill 3 touches on occult stuff a lot whereas SH2 is just a giant psychological mind****.
What Ryan said. :lol

All good Brando, I've since done my homework. It is what it is I guess, if the third game gets under my skin too much I'll just sell it & move on.

What Ryan said. :lol

All good Brando, I've since done my homework. It is what it is I guess, if the third game gets under my skin too much I'll just sell it & move on.

Silent Hill 2 isn't like, disturbing or unnerving at all. Well... maybe a little disturbing, but more the subject matter and not visually. It's incredibly subtle. There's so much there, that most of it will go over your head. There's meaning for pretty much everything in it, down to the enemy designs.

I don't mind disturbing to an extent, it's just the occult & dmonic stuff that severely rubs me the wrong way.

As far as the OG DMC, that's of course a piss take & more over the top & 'comic book'y - small potatoes, & a game I'll likely buy at some point. However when things get heavy in the way I mentioned.. totally not my thing. It's why I'll never watch 'The Exorcist' again - ever. :lol

There's zero occult stuff in SH2. It's all psychological.
Cool, that's a relief to know - & I'm looking forward to playing it. You don't know how long I spent trying to source a nice local 'standard edition' PS2 copy of that game - I have very strict criteria when buying off eBay. My patience paid off, when I found a pristine one about two weeks ago. :duff

Hey - throwing a little tangent here, but what are your thoughts on the dreaded 'disc rot' issue folks?? I've been reading up on it recently, & it seems to be a silent killer that no one wants to talk about (for obvious reasons). Nothing lasts forever, but jeez, it's not an thing encouraging to know about. :(

Cool, that's a relief to know - & I'm looking forward to playing it. You don't know how long I spent trying to source a nice local 'standard edition' PS2 copy of that game - I have very strict criteria when buying off eBay. My patience paid off, when I found a pristine one about two weeks ago. :duff

Hey - throwing a little tangent here, but what are your thoughts on the dreaded 'disc rot' issue folks?? I've been reading up on it recently, & it seems to be a silent killer that no one wants to talk about (for obvious reasons). Nothing lasts forever, but jeez, it's not an thing encouraging to know about. :(

SH2 is a work of art, in every sense of the word. There's so much within it, it really goes beyond just being a game. On top of that, for being almost 20 years it looks really good still. The noise effect filter really gives it such an atmosphere. A lot of the indoor areas are oppressively dark too.

I've never, ever heard of disc rot :lol

It's not something you should be worried about, it happens due to prolonged exposure to moisture and so long as you keep discs in casings & relatively moisture free, you'll almost certainly be fine. I have audio CDs from the early 80's and they work with no issues, and I wash them regularly too.

There are multiple sites out there that discuss it, as well as numerous youtube videos, blogs etc. I just thought I'd get folks' thoughts on it here. :)

From what I understand, writeable media like CD-R/RW discs are most susceptible, & I actually have a CD binder filled with copied PS1 games that are all displaying varying stages of rot.

As Ryan mentioned, a big part of it is how you look after your library / collection. I'm pretty OCD with most of my things, so everything I've bought bar the stuff that was already old & 'used' when I got it, is sweet.

Last edited:
Never heard of that in my life. Still have PS1 era games that look completely fine to include the copied/burnt ones.

Also, the Greatest Hits edition of Silent Hill 2 on PS2 comes with an extra scenario where you play as Maria right before she meets James.

I really enjoyed Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven for the PS4. I actually played the game for several hours everyday until I beat it. Normally I play a game for about an hour and then I'm ready to quit. This game kept me entertained with the story enough that I didn't want to put the controller down. I read some reviews that said if you haven't read the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure manga or watched the anime, you should avoid the game at all costs. I'm happy to say that isn't true at all. I only watched 2 episodes of the OVA before buying the game on the PSN. That explained enough for me to understand a couple basic things. Even if I didn't do that and was confused in the game, there is a glossary that tells just about anything you need to know about the series as it pertains to the game.

One thing I will mention is the game is completely subtitled and the spoken language is Japanese. Most scenes where there is a lot of talking have speech bubbles where you hit X to continue. Some cutscenes don't have that, but they weren't hard to follow. Overall the story was really good and I believe it is different from the actual manga. I don't want to give too much away, but the story in the game uses all story arcs from the manga and puts them into a new story.

Back