Rate The Last Game You FINISHED..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got it for free on PSN, since I did say I refuse to pay money since they replaced Alyson Court as Claire. I guess it's for the better though, she looks hideous.

I'll gladly buy a drink to the one person on the board who genuinely loves this game. Except Pturtle and Gaspar.
I love Alyson Court since I watched her on The Big Comfy Couch and loved it, but I didn't think it was enough to keep me away from the game. It's not outstanding by any means, but the new face for Claire? **** out of here! Claire's new voice fluctuates at times but the main offender is that she sounds very generic.

As for that last statement, don't buy anyone a drink for that. Buy someone a drink for not being a blind fool! And gaspar's gone sooo...eh, turtles can't drink. :lol

I'll gladly buy a drink to the one person on the board who genuinely loves this game. Except Pturtle and Gaspar.

I don't know about this board, but I know when the game first came out its was getting a lot of 9s and 10s on here. It's also the highest rated game of the year and in my opinion easily game of the year.

I find that MGS V's issues aren't just story, but everything else. Bland audio presentation (seriously can't stress how bad the voice acting is too), ok visuals, an empty world and other nuances.

Bland audio presentation? The game might not sound as good as MGS4 but what game does? That game was a technical beast when it came to sound, and while V isn't on par it's certainly better than most games, and the soundtrack was incredible.

The game has the best voice acting in the series by far, if you don't think so then there's a clear bias or your ears are just stupid :lol

MGS4 and PW have the worst voice acting in the series, and MGS3 was a bit uneven, V blows every game in the series away when it comes to voice acting and performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol bias and me and mgs good one

Best voice acting? No, they're practically re-doing roles they already did. Troy Baker is just doing Joel from The Last of Us, and Robin Atkin Downes is doing Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes, hell, Solidus and I believe it's his emo Prince of Persia as well.

Kiefer didn't even do much voicing but what he did was 'meh'. Hey now, my ears ain't stupid, leave them alone you insensitive reptile, they got feelings too! Get out of here, no one asked you and your bias to defend this trash heap of a game when no one here wants you around here anyway.

Insulting a man's ears, what has this world come to...

Best voice acting? No, they're practically re-doing roles they already did. Troy Baker is just doing Joel from The Last of Us, and Robin Atkin Downes is doing Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes, hell, Solidus and I believe it's his emo Prince of Persia as well.

Kiefer didn't even do much voicing but what he did was 'meh'. Hey now, my ears ain't stupid, leave them alone you insensitive reptile, they got feelings too! Get out of here, no one asked you and your bias to defend this trash heap of a game when no one here wants you around here anyway.

Again, if you think Troy Baker sounds like Joel, your ears are stupid, I don't know what else to tell you. Does he have a bit of an accent like Joel, definitely, but they sound absolutely different. Robin Akin Downes did his Kaz voice, not one time did he not sound like the same person from MGS1 and PW, except he gave more raw performance, far less animeish. Also lets say you were right (which you're not) and they were basically just rehashing from other characters they voiced, how does that in anyway mean they didn't give a great performance?

This scene here, voice acting wise (except for Huey) is better than anything I've heard in every MGS game combined. Ocelot sounds absolutely nothing like Joel, similar accent? Sure, same voice absolutely not. Robert Atkin Downes is giving a great performance better than anything in the older games, Kiefer also does a great job at giving us a more stoic Big Boss without repeating everything someone saids and making the character look like an idiot. I can bring up plenty of more scenes if you need me to, and I can also pull a ton of scenes from the older games where the voice acting was damn near cringeworthy. There's only two badly voiced lines in MGSV which are now famous.

Kiefer spoke more than enough to gauge whether he did a good job or not, not even the Hayter fanboys here said he didn’t a bad job, he did great with what he was given and in fact most people are upset he didn’t speak more, that's not something people would be complaining about had he done a bad job.

Again, if you disagree, then you’re wrong and you should probably get a new pair of ears :lol

I'd like to know what yours and Ryan's game of the year was.

Last edited:
You know, I keep forgetting you have some absurd, hard-on infused bias toward MGS V and that you ignore everything remotely negative that people say like it goes in one ear and out the other, and you just try to convince everyone MGS V is the best thing ever. I'm not gonna ask if you even watched the video, and not gonna bother to decipher where you got your assumptions from with that post. You're just so stuck up with your notions about MGS V that you're totally blind and ever so aggressive about it, for no reason and no gain. You never listened to anyone, and never will. Mods had to be involved due to how much trouble you caused all regarding MGS V. And you were remarkably rude even to them. I don't know what to say to you, and I don't care. Go preach about how MGS V is the second coming of Jesus, I have better games to play.

But I just adore how you only popped in here after MGS V was being called for not being the amazing game you think it is! You are all alone on that notion at this point, do you realize that? Don't you think you have a problem with how you are the only one still defending it? You literally questioned the hell out of the first post I made in the MGS V thread because it didn't agree with your thoughts. Whatever few supporters MGS V had at the time, they did not care, and at this point, they've moved on to other games.

As for my game of the year and Ryan's, who cares? Why should I and Ryan tell you our GoTYs, so you can tell us how MGS V some how trumps them in every regard? :cuckoo:

I'd like to fully judge MGS V on the basis of the voice acting, but the cinematic were so sparse compared to every other game in the series. I thought there were a lot missed opportunities in the cassette tapes, too - many of which should've been made into cutscenes, themselves. In addition, I wasn't a big fan of the soundtrack, and the opening song for "Afghanistan" was the only one that really stood out for me, in the entire game. Harry Gregson-Williams was sorely missed.

Overall, I think the game suffered, between all the drama that was going on between Kojima and Konami.

I don't know about this board, but I know when the game first came out its was getting a lot of 9s and 10s on here. It's also the highest rated game of the year and in my opinion easily game of the year.

Bland audio presentation? The game might not sound as good as MGS4 but what game does? That game was a technical beast when it came to sound, and while V isn't on par it's certainly better than most games, and the soundtrack was incredible.

The game has the best voice acting in the series by far, if you don't think so then there's a clear bias or your ears are just stupid :lol

MGS4 and PW have the worst voice acting in the series, and MGS3 was a bit uneven, V blows every game in the series away when it comes to voice acting and performance.

Again, if you think Troy Baker sounds like Joel, your ears are stupid, I don't know what else to tell you. Does he have a bit of an accent like Joel, definitely, but they sound absolutely different. Robin Akin Downes did his Kaz voice, not one time did he not sound like the same person from MGS1 and PW, except he gave more honest performance, far less animeish. Also lets say you were right (which you're not) and they were basically just rehashing from other characters they voiced, how does that in anyway mean they didn't give a great performance?

This scene here, voice acting wise (except for Huey) is better than anything I've heard in every MGS game combined. Ocelot sounds absolutely nothing like Joel, similar accent? Sure, same voice absolutely not. Robert Atkin Downes is giving a great performance better than anything in the older games, Kiefer also does a great job at giving us a more stoic Big Boss without repeating everything someone saids and making the character look like an idiot. I can bring up plenty of more scenes if you need me to, and I can also pull a ton of scenes from the older games where the voice acting was damn near cringeworthy. There's only two badly voiced lines in MGSV which are now famous.

Kiefer spoke more than enough to gauge whether he did a good job or not, not even the Hayter fanboys here said he didn’t a bad job, he did great with what he was given and in fact most people are upset he didn’t speak more, that's not something people would be complaining about had he done a bad job.

Again, if you disagree, then your wrong and you should probably get a new pair of ears :lol

I'd like to know what yours and Ryan's game of the year was.

You know, I keep forgetting you have some absurd, hard-on infused bias toward MGS V and that you ignore everything remotely negative that people say like it goes in one ear and out the other, and you just try to convince everyone MGS V is the best thing ever. I'm not gonna ask if you even watched the video, and not gonna bother to decipher where you got your assumptions from with that post. You're just so stuck up with your notions about MGS V that you're totally blind and ever so aggressive about it, for no reason and no gain. You never listened to anyone, and never will. Mods had to be involved due to how much trouble you caused all regarding MGS V. And you were remarkably rude even to them. I don't know what to say to you, and I don't care. Go preach about how MGS V is the second coming of Jesus, I have better games to play.

But I just adore how you only popped in here after MGS V was being called for not being the amazing game you think it is! You are all alone on that notion at this point, do you realize that? Don't you think you have a problem with how you are the only one still defending it? You literally questioned the hell out of the first post I made in the MGS V thread because it didn't agree with your thoughts. Whatever few supporters MGS V had at the time, they did not care, and at this point, they've moved on to other games.

As for my game of the year and Ryan's, who cares? Why should I and Ryan tell you our GoTYs, so you can tell us how MGS V some how trumps them in every regard? :cuckoo:

Awwww, a lot of crying in that post :lol In fact, that post is like some bad fan-fiction of the MGSV thread :lol Please tell me what mods I had a problem with?

My name got mentioned by Ryan, and you made a comment about me as well, so I wrote in, and I’m alone in thinking MGSV is a great game? Gotta love the vocal minority :lol

Also, this might actually be the first time I’ve spoken to any of you about MGSV since its release, and I don’t recall arguing with anyone about the game post release so I don’t know where your little female rant is coming from. You’re like the Huey of SSF :lol

I'd like to fully judge MGS V on the basis of the voice acting, but the cinematic were so sparse compared to every other game in the series. I thought there were a lot missed opportunities in the cassette tapes, too - many of which should've been made into cutscenes, themselves. In addition, I wasn't a big fan of the soundtrack, and the opening song for "Afghanistan" was the only one that really stood out for me, in the entire game. Harry Gregson-Williams was sorely missed.

Overall, I think the game suffered, between all the drama that was going on between Kojima and Konami.

Totally get where you’re coming from regarding the cassette tapes, but I have my own theories on why it is the way it is, I loved the soundtrack though. Either way I have no problem with you not enjoying the game, and I think even you can admit none of us have had any arguments about MGSV since it released, if you at least acknowledge that then I’m sure your phantom will as well :lol

Last edited:
Totally get where you’re coming from regarding the cassette tapes, but I have my own theories on why it is the way it is, I loved the soundtrack though. Either way I have no problem with you not enjoying the game, and I think even you can admit none of us have had any arguments about MGSV since it released, if you at least acknowledge that then I’m sure your phantom will as well :lol

FSLAR? Ew! >___>

But, common guys, we should be beyond this. Can we all just focus our attention on how annoying Weejedi is in the movie section?

FSLAR? Ew! >___>

But, common guys, we should be beyond this. Can we all just focus our attention on how annoying Weejedi is in the movie section?

:lol :lol :lol

Hey man, WWEJedi is at least entertaining, SSF always needs that one bad guy, and right now he’s doing a decent job at bothering everyone, its pretty entertaining to watch :lol

FSLAR? Ew! >___>

That's legitimately ****ing creepy no lie. :cuckoo:

Weejedi is annoying everywhere Solidus, we've been over this!

:lol :lol :lol

Hey man, WWEJedi is at least entertaining, SSF always needs that one bad guy, and right now he’s doing a decent job at bothering everyone, its pretty entertaining to watch :lol

It's pretty ridiculous that the mods don't do him squat, but they banned Gaspar a few weeks ago :slap. Speaking of which, I think he's supposed to be back today...

That's legitimately ****ing creepy no lie. :cuckoo:

Weejedi is annoying everywhere Solidus, we've been over this!

I still can't believe he found out about your job. That is creepy. I'm not buying that coincidental explanation at all.

Yea, I spoke to Gaspar and it seems he got everything straightened out, that's good at least.

It's pretty ridiculous that the mods don't do him squat, but they banned Gaspar a few weeks ago :slap. Speaking of which, I think he's supposed to be back today...

I still can't believe he found out about your job. That is creepy. I'm not buying that coincidental explanation at all.
Yeah he is, I was chatting with him earlier today. He came back from the dead.

I can't believe anything about weejedi at this point, I mean I really can't.

Grim Fandango - 10/10

One of Lucas Arts' greatest titles from the 90s. The game features an entertaining, light-hearted storyline, with amazing dialog and a memorable cast. Imagine starting off as the Grim Reaper, and witnessing his struggles as an petty office worker in a heartless mega-corporation of the underworld :lol.

It's was free on PS Plus a few months ago. It's definitely worth a playthrough.

Don't take it the wrong way though. I meant that there are only two people on SSF that my primitive brain could count that genuinely like the game. I know it was MUCH more well received elsewhere.

Grim Fandango - 10/10

One of Lucas Arts' greatest titles from the 90s. The game features an entertaining, light-hearted storyline, with amazing dialog and a memorable cast. Imagine starting off as the Grim Reaper, and witnessing his struggles as an petty office worker in a heartless mega-corporation of the underworld :lol.

It's was free on PS Plus a few months ago. It's definitely worth a playthrough.

I have that installed and saving it for rainy days.

Back