Rank the SW original trilogy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In which order do you rank the OT?

• ANH>ESB>ROTJ

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • ANH>ROTJ>ESB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESB>ANH>ROTJ

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • ESB>ROTJ>ANH

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • ROTJ>ANH>ESB

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • ROTJ>ESB>ANH

• I only rate ANH

• I only rate ESB

• I only rate ROTJ

• I don't rate any of them

• Total voters
I know this might be nearly blasphemous for people in my age group, but for me, it's:

TESB>ROTJ>ANH

I realize that ANH is a far better film than ROTJ and one of the two or three main reasons we are all posting here, but ROTJ is definitely the one I enjoyed the most as a child, and it's definitely my favorite film to collect from. I don't even really mind the Ewoks that much.

Honestly I don't think there's any shame in ranking one OT film over another. All three are such pop culture giants that imprinted on all of us in different ways. I watch TOD way more than Raiders despite recognizing that Raiders is the far superior film so seeing people prefer ROTJ to ESB or ANH isn't that shocking to me.

ESB is a much better overall movie of the three. ANH will always hold a special place, and for shear entertainment, it’s a blast (saw it 26 times in the theatre as a kid). Return of the Jedi was fine, but it had a lot of last minute tweaks that just came across as ridiculous (like Luke and Leia being brother and sister; and if Vader was Leia’s father why didn’t he recognize her as such — thru the Force — when he was torturing the crap out of her in the first one...?)

So definitely:
ESB, ANH, ROTJ

Back