Rank the Superhero movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd throw TWS, DoFP, and Guardians in my top tier as well. Has been a great year.

Excluding costumed crime fighters, masked vigilantes and other mystery men.
Including only origin stories (they're the most superheroic).
_

1. Spider-man (2002) / The First Avenger / X-men: First Class
2. Blade / Hellboy / Daredevil
3. Superman TM / X-Men

I am not a comic guy but I do watch all the comic movies. I was asked this question yesterday and without thinking about it I said Spider-Man 2. IMO everything work and fits into place. Everything has a reason. Villians are villains for a reason. Not just some crazy person attempting to rule the world!! Effects are great. And it feels like a comic book movie.

Other favourites:
Batman Begins (didn't care for it at the beginning but is a masterpiece now)
Batman Returns (not a great movie but I enjoy the atmosphere and look)

X-Men : First Class - entertaining
Iron Man entertaining
Iron Man 2 entertaining
The Avengers - unexpected brilliance - entertaining

Thor movies - garbage IMO
Captain America 2 - garbage IMO - WTF am I watching the Bourne Series

TWS is a great movie, one that barely escapes buckling under it's own weight. It's got some pointed things to say about the MIC and the WoT. It is NOT overrated.

It's got more flaws than an M Nigh Shyamalan film :lol

side-eye.jpg

Oh you know I never jumped on the TDKR hate train with the rest of you (same with Prometheus.) I've held it in high regard since it came out. I just like Hatheway's Catwoman and all the action sequences. Love the 90's Cameron style of over the top action done with real vehicles. I'm probably due to rewatch the whole Nolan trilogy and see which film really is my favorite but until then I still give the nod to TDKR. Yes I can laugh at it and even understand the complaints, but in the end it doesn't matter because I simply enjoy it in spite of its flaws.

Maybe its my "T2" if you will.

I thought TWS was solid, some of the dialogue and over the top action took me out of the movie at times, but overall I enjoyed it and I think it cracks my top 10.

Back