Rank the Superhero movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You were talking about flaws in general, not plot holes :dunno

Also time reverse in Superman isn't a plot HOLE.

So, exactly what plot holes TWS has?

Good luck finding any. Not that they aren't there but even the Honest Trailer guys conceded to only nitpicking TWS events based on things from OTHER movies (like Stark's helicarrier virus that was supposed to tell him all of SHIELD's dirty little secrets.)

I already posted a huge list of problems. I'm not sure where posted the list though. Maybe in the DOFP thread. If I find it, I'll post it here. And the Time travel is a plot hole, because by undoing Lois Lane's death, he was also undoing all the other stuff he did that kept him away from saving Lois to begin with. Not to mention, if he can just reverse time, then he can just do that any time there's a problem.

I already posted a huge list of problems.

Let me guess, this is what it looked like:

1. Where were the other Avengers?

2. Where were the other Avengers?

3. Where were the other Avengers?

4. Where were the other Avengers?

5. Where were the other Avengers?

6. Where were the other Avengers?

7. Where were the other Avengers?

8. Where were the other Avengers?

9. Where were the other Avengers?

10. What was with Falcon's jump out of the building?

article-0-0290058B00000578-290_468x286.jpg

I did a Noland Batman marathon a few months ago. Spread the viewing throughout a few days.

Begins – one day
Dark knight – one day
Rises – fell asleep twice three days

Rises is not bad but not at the same caliber as the first two!

Back to Captain America 2 – I have watched it two times. Second time to give it a chance of my dislike as a “super Hero” movie. Again after second viewing I just don’t feel comic/super hero. I felt Bourne series. And I did not like that because I wanted to watch a super hero movie.

Let me guess, this is what it looked like:

No, nothing to with the other Avengers. Here's some of the flaws.

Fury doesn't carry a cell phone in case his hands free communications in the truck breaks.

If you're up against a super soldier, and you've got the drop on him, use a silly strangling wire instead of a gunshot to the head as your kill method.

Keep the most critical part of your drone's automated defense systems in an easy-to-reach, highly visible booth.

Satellites can only be communicated with when you reach 3000 feet.

Falcon can have his wings confiscated by rogue Shield agents in one scene, escape from the truck without them and then have them miraculously reappear on his back in the next scene with no explanation given as to how he reacquired them.

Breaking into a military compound and stealing an experimental set of wings is so routine for these guys, that showing the audience all this action is irrelevant and not needed.

When entering a secret underground bunker, going down an elevator into an even further secret underground room, what must be a mile down at this point. One missile that is suppose to vaporize the air (so even Cap couldn't breathe) can send an entire building down on top of him, and afterwards Cap and Widow can stand up and amazingly be back on the surface.

You can build giant underground helicarrier construction bunkers with massive doors under an ocean, located near a major city and no-one will notice this or think, wait a minute - why do the construction crews need to shift all this water to build beneath it. Shouldn't that be suspicious...

When shooting at Captain America, always aim at the shield, and no other exposed body parts.

Laughing, kissing, and walking arm-in-arm is kryptonite to any HYDRA agent pursuing you.

Garry Shandling hails HYDRA.

Sometimes your neighbor is a secret agent assigned to keep an eye on you.

Every Marvel Studios movie must have a generic business guy as its villain (Obidiah Stane, Justin Hammer, Aldrich Killian, Alex Pierce)

Real police will not get involved in a car chase with guns being fired in downtown streets.

If you hotwired a car in WWII-era Germany, then the same hotwiring techniques will work on a 2014 Chevy pickup.

There are no news agencies in this movie, as Captain America is completely unaware of the massive gun battle that occurred between Nick Fury and the fake cops when he arrives home.

What happened to the real councilwoman that Black Widow impersonated?

A dozen guns, trucks and ramming equipment can destroy almost everything in Nick Fury's armoured car, but even at the end of its life, you can be happy in knowing the air conditioning will still work.

Top secret shield bases has glass elevators on the outside of the building. So any sniper, missile or plane could take out anybody with ease.

Captain America's shield is strong enough to stand a blow of Thor the God of Thunder without moving him, but a french terrorist with no super powers will make him stumble and throw him to the ground with a single kick.

Captain America will always be 'on your left' as everyone knows that the black man is always 'right'.

When trying to hide your identity from the world, don't bother with a mask, face paint or high-tech holographic gadget like Black Widow had. Instead, Winter Solider likes to tie a handkerchief around his chin. His budget is apparently very tight and its all he can afford.

The five heads of Shield refuse to ever meet in person, instead they have group meeting via video screens in the Avengers and via Holo chairs in this movie. Presumably this is to prevent any action eliminating all of them at once. So it makes sense that the only time they ever come together in the real world, is when gun ships are being launched, Cap is on the loose, Nick is apparently dead, the Winter Soldier is killing people and Hydra are ready to take over. If there was ever a time when video conferencing sounded like a good idea, the end of the film was probably it.

The best way to sneak onto a hostage seized boat filled with terrorist at night, is by wearing a blue and red jumpsuit with white stripes on it. Because the 'all black' look is not in this season.

Fury got shot on purpose, then took heart slowing potion, then fooled the doctors and hospital staff trying to save him, then woke up later at the hospital or morgue after being pronounced dead.

Doctors and staff will keep secret a patient coming back to life.

The winter soldier knew exactly which route Nick Fury would take to get out of the downtown area.

The three council people in charge of Shield decide to visit its headquarters seemingly having never been there ever before, you know - the place they apparently are in charge off, and put on the bio-monitor tags, which they knew nothing about and didn't question the fact that no-one else was wearing them, and they were practically all their bosses!

Computers built in the 1960s to house a madman's brain, that still use black and white monitors thankfully are fully equipped with external USB slots.

In top secret Shield bases, its normal to keep photographs of all its founding members and agents on the wall for everyone to identify them later

Shield can bring people back from the dead, regrow hearts and give people mechanical arms. But still cannot give Nick Fury back his missing eye, or even a cheap contact lens to make him look less like a pirate.

The smithsonian museum employs 91 year old security guards to protect priceless artefacts, who fail at their job.

Tossing a bomb in the drones central control center would have been alot easier and just as effective to destroy it, instead of changing out a control chip.

When taking down three heavily armored helicarriers floating in the sky ready to change the world and kill millions, don't bother asking Thor to show up, lightning striking all three of them and going home a second later, job done, as that would be too easy. Or Hulk, too busy listening to Stark's story?

When facing an enemy with a super strong metal shield, don't bother using magnets to secure it, don't even try firing a simple taser gun instead and let the electricity pass through it and take out Cap. In fact don't even try firing a fire hose at him and let the jet pressure force it out of his hands. Instead, continue doing what you have been doing for years and thats fire bullets at it, because what doesn't work the first thousand times, might just work the 1001s time.

Flash-bangs, Grenades, RPGs, Mines and other useful weapons can be used against the enemy, but when told to take out Captain America, the entire Shield Agency are unfortunately out of special ammo, and only have bullets left.

Loki's spear, powered with a Terreract at the end of the Avengers was in Shields hand. But when planning a sequel, there is no need to explain how Hydra acquired it and no-one at Shield knows or cares. We could just show that the enemy has it, as it speeds things along.

Two super-powered mutants with speed and hex powers, whom in the comics are two the most powerful beings in the galaxy, cannot escape from a prison cell with a glass wall.

Winter Soldier may have basic human strength, but he can still lift a solid metal arm like it weighed nothing, and can still swim in a freezing cold lake, and drag Caps body in toe and not even feel any drag from its weight.

When sleeping in a bed for your entire life, then being forced to sleep on the floor for a short while before sleeping in a bed again - its impossible to get use to sleeping in a bed again without the need of an entire support group who you are the leader off.

When not one, not two but half of Shields entire infantry and leaders appear to be working for Hydra, whoever runs background checks before hiring staff should be fired.

We can buy the idea that Cap can jump from a plane without a parachute into freezing cold sea waters, avoiding the sharks and waves and surviving the impact. But how he gets from the wet ocean onto the deck of a military boat without a ladder or rope is information we the audience needn't know. And how he finds the time to dry himself off, blow-dry and comb his hair and rinse out his costume before the rest of the team turn-up we will never know.

All the conflict and tragedy in the world is not caused by incompetence or misunderstandings, but by a shadowy conspiracy that wants such things in the world. In movies, Hanlon's razor is never in effect.

Hide your important information in a location that could be easily discovered by accident. (Candy machine)

Agent Peggy Carter was such an important character that she has to be still alive in 2014 looking less then 65 years old and has to be one of the founding members of S.H.I.E.L.D. and being totally unaware of the secret base in Steve Rogers former army training compound. (In fact, her character is even so important in the Marvel movie universe that she gains her own TV show soon)

Superheroes need a secret spy living next door to them for protection.

Falcon can leap from a moving car, roll a number of times on the hot, hard asphalt, and walk it off without so much a scratch or broken wrist.

Need to identify the number code to a secret door by fingerprint and the order they need to be pressed? There's an app for that.

Black Widow, Nick Fury and Capt America all got shot but apparently that pain wears off in a few minutes and are back to normality in their next scenes.

Captain America employs the Clark Kent rule of disguise, just put on a cap and no one will recognize you.

Either the Falcon keeps a pair of hair straighteners in his apartment or Black Widow carries a very small set with her, how else do you explain the wavy look to dead straight.

Captain America has the ability to drive a brand new truck while it's still in park (the lever is all the way up)

I don’t like saying I don’t like a movie or its garbage. Its not cool so I take it back. I gave the movie a second viewing to give it the benefit. In the end maybe its a combination of things. Maybe it is the casting of CA (actor doesn’t do it for me), Maybe its his outfit, I did not know who Winter Soldier was and I did not care, Maybe CA is to dry of a super hero for me.

CA in full gear does not look cool! That’s why his helmet is off most of the time. Same with Thor. To me Thor is for the ladies (so cute). Again that’s why his helmet is off.
Why does Batman have his cowl on…because its ****ing cool!!! Try watching TDK and imagine him without his cowl. I know it is a identity thing but I hope you get what I mean!

The only cool think CA did in the Avengers (IMO) was give out orders to his crew before that big battle scene at the end. I thought "so OK this is what he does”!

Fury doesn't carry a cell phone in case his hands free communications in the truck breaks.

If you're up against a super soldier, and you've got the drop on him, use a silly strangling wire instead of a gunshot to the head as your kill method.

Keep the most critical part of your drone's automated defense systems in an easy-to-reach, highly visible booth.

Falcon can have his wings confiscated by rogue Shield agents in one scene, escape from the truck without them and then have them miraculously reappear on his back in the next scene with no explanation given as to how he reacquired them.

Breaking into a military compound and stealing an experimental set of wings is so routine for these guys, that showing the audience all this action is irrelevant and not needed.

When entering a secret underground bunker, going down an elevator into an even further secret underground room, what must be a mile down at this point. One missile that is suppose to vaporize the air (so even Cap couldn't breathe) can send an entire building down on top of him, and afterwards Cap and Widow can stand up and amazingly be back on the surface.

You can build giant underground helicarrier construction bunkers with massive doors under an ocean, located near a major city and no-one will notice this or think, wait a minute - why do the construction crews need to shift all this water to build beneath it. Shouldn't that be suspicious...

When shooting at Captain America, always aim at the shield, and no other exposed body parts.

Laughing, kissing, and walking arm-in-arm is kryptonite to any HYDRA agent pursuing you.

Every Marvel Studios movie must have a generic business guy as its villain (Obidiah Stane, Justin Hammer, Aldrich Killian, Alex Pierce)

Real police will not get involved in a car chase with guns being fired in downtown streets.

If you hotwired a car in WWII-era Germany, then the same hotwiring techniques will work on a 2014 Chevy pickup.

There are no news agencies in this movie, as Captain America is completely unaware of the massive gun battle that occurred between Nick Fury and the fake cops when he arrives home.

A dozen guns, trucks and ramming equipment can destroy almost everything in Nick Fury's armoured car, but even at the end of its life, you can be happy in knowing the air conditioning will still work.

Top secret shield bases has glass elevators on the outside of the building. So any sniper, missile or plane could take out anybody with ease.

Captain America's shield is strong enough to stand a blow of Thor the God of Thunder without moving him, but a french terrorist with no super powers will make him stumble and throw him to the ground with a single kick.

Captain America will always be 'on your left' as everyone knows that the black man is always 'right'.

When trying to hide your identity from the world, don't bother with a mask, face paint or high-tech holographic gadget like Black Widow had. Instead, Winter Solider likes to tie a handkerchief around his chin. His budget is apparently very tight and its all he can afford.

The five heads of Shield refuse to ever meet in person, instead they have group meeting via video screens in the Avengers and via Holo chairs in this movie. Presumably this is to prevent any action eliminating all of them at once. So it makes sense that the only time they ever come together in the real world, is when gun ships are being launched, Cap is on the loose, Nick is apparently dead, the Winter Soldier is killing people and Hydra are ready to take over. If there was ever a time when video conferencing sounded like a good idea, the end of the film was probably it.

The best way to sneak onto a hostage seized boat filled with terrorist at night, is by wearing a blue and red jumpsuit with white stripes on it. Because the 'all black' look is not in this season.

Fury got shot on purpose, then took heart slowing potion, then fooled the doctors and hospital staff trying to save him, then woke up later at the hospital or morgue after being pronounced dead.

The winter soldier knew exactly which route Nick Fury would take to get out of the downtown area.

The three council people in charge of Shield decide to visit its headquarters seemingly having never been there ever before, you know - the place they apparently are in charge off, and put on the bio-monitor tags, which they knew nothing about and didn't question the fact that no-one else was wearing them, and they were practically all their bosses!

Computers built in the 1960s to house a madman's brain, that still use black and white monitors thankfully are fully equipped with external USB slots.

In top secret Shield bases, its normal to keep photographs of all its founding members and agents on the wall for everyone to identify them later

Shield can bring people back from the dead, regrow hearts and give people mechanical arms. But still cannot give Nick Fury back his missing eye, or even a cheap contact lens to make him look less like a pirate.

The smithsonian museum employs 91 year old security guards to protect priceless artefacts, who fail at their job.

Tossing a bomb in the drones central control center would have been alot easier and just as effective to destroy it, instead of changing out a control chip.

When taking down three heavily armored helicarriers floating in the sky ready to change the world and kill millions, don't bother asking Thor to show up, lightning striking all three of them and going home a second later, job done, as that would be too easy. Or Hulk, too busy listening to Stark's story?

When facing an enemy with a super strong metal shield, don't bother using magnets to secure it, don't even try firing a simple taser gun instead and let the electricity pass through it and take out Cap. In fact don't even try firing a fire hose at him and let the jet pressure force it out of his hands. Instead, continue doing what you have been doing for years and thats fire bullets at it, because what doesn't work the first thousand times, might just work the 1001s time.

Flash-bangs, Grenades, RPGs, Mines and other useful weapons can be used against the enemy, but when told to take out Captain America, the entire Shield Agency are unfortunately out of special ammo, and only have bullets left.

Loki's spear, powered with a Terreract at the end of the Avengers was in Shields hand. But when planning a sequel, there is no need to explain how Hydra acquired it and no-one at Shield knows or cares. We could just show that the enemy has it, as it speeds things along.

Two super-powered mutants with speed and hex powers, whom in the comics are two the most powerful beings in the galaxy, cannot escape from a prison cell with a glass wall.

Winter Soldier may have basic human strength, but he can still lift a solid metal arm like it weighed nothing, and can still swim in a freezing cold lake, and drag Caps body in toe and not even feel any drag from its weight.

When sleeping in a bed for your entire life, then being forced to sleep on the floor for a short while before sleeping in a bed again - its impossible to get use to sleeping in a bed again without the need of an entire support group who you are the leader off.

When not one, not two but half of Shields entire infantry and leaders appear to be working for Hydra, whoever runs background checks before hiring staff should be fired.

We can buy the idea that Cap can jump from a plane without a parachute into freezing cold sea waters, avoiding the sharks and waves and surviving the impact. But how he gets from the wet ocean onto the deck of a military boat without a ladder or rope is information we the audience needn't know. And how he finds the time to dry himself off, blow-dry and comb his hair and rinse out his costume before the rest of the team turn-up we will never know.

All the conflict and tragedy in the world is not caused by incompetence or misunderstandings, but by a shadowy conspiracy that wants such things in the world. In movies, Hanlon's razor is never in effect.

Hide your important information in a location that could be easily discovered by accident. (Candy machine)

Agent Peggy Carter was such an important character that she has to be still alive in 2014 looking less then 65 years old and has to be one of the founding members of S.H.I.E.L.D. and being totally unaware of the secret base in Steve Rogers former army training compound. (In fact, her character is even so important in the Marvel movie universe that she gains her own TV show soon)

Falcon can leap from a moving car, roll a number of times on the hot, hard asphalt, and walk it off without so much a scratch or broken wrist.

Need to identify the number code to a secret door by fingerprint and the order they need to be pressed? There's an app for that.

Black Widow, Nick Fury and Capt America all got shot but apparently that pain wears off in a few minutes and are back to normality in their next scenes.

Captain America employs the Clark Kent rule of disguise, just put on a cap and no one will recognize you.

Either the Falcon keeps a pair of hair straighteners in his apartment or Black Widow carries a very small set with her, how else do you explain the wavy look to dead straight.

Captain America has the ability to drive a brand new truck while it's still in park (the lever is all the way up)

You've obviously given this some thought....

itdoesntmatter.jpg

Oh you know I never jumped on the TDKR hate train with the rest of you (same with Prometheus.) I've held it in high regard since it came out. I just like Hatheway's Catwoman and all the action sequences. Love the 90's Cameron style of over the top action done with real vehicles. I'm probably due to rewatch the whole Nolan trilogy and see which film really is my favorite but until then I still give the nod to TDKR. Yes I can laugh at it and even understand the complaints, but in the end it doesn't matter because I simply enjoy it in spite of its flaws.

Maybe its my "T2" if you will.

The Mouth of Sauron - YouTube

I don't believe it. I will not.

Oh you know I never jumped on the TDKR hate train with the rest of you (same with Prometheus.) I've held it in high regard since it came out. I just like Hatheway's Catwoman and all the action sequences. Love the 90's Cameron style of over the top action done with real vehicles. I'm probably due to rewatch the whole Nolan trilogy and see which film really is my favorite but until then I still give the nod to TDKR. Yes I can laugh at it and even understand the complaints, but in the end it doesn't matter because I simply enjoy it in spite of its flaws.

Maybe its my "T2" if you will.
I was with you until you pulled out the ultimate insult card, and equated TDKR with "Uncle Bob and Friends"

Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!

rockaustin.jpg

tumblr_m1u4fdk3kg1qk0e3do6_250.gif

1. The Dark Knight
2. Batman Begins
3. The Dark Knight Rises
4. X-Men Days Of Future Past
5. X2
6. X-Men First Class
7. Superman Returns (Everyone of us has that one odd movie on our list)
8. Iron Man
9. Superman The Movie
10. Captain America The Winter Soldier

Honorable mentions:

Blade 2
Batman 89
Spiderman 1
GOTG
Superman 2

I don’t think TWS is overrated, I totally get why everyone loves it, the action is great, the script is solid, and it takes itself serious but keeps the fun, something that Iron Man 1 did (my favorite MCU film to date), the rest of the MCU films feel like sitcoms.

My main problems with TWS are the dialogue, acting, and towards the 3rd act theres a lot of cliche, forced badassery action scenes and dialogue that kind of took away the originality the first two acts gave us which made it feel as formulaic as most other PG-13 action films these days.

- Chris Evans does a fine job as Cap, even though I don’t think he does an extraordinary job at playing Cap, he doesn’t do anything to detract from the film.

- Anthony Mackie as Falcon is fine as well, his charisma makes up for his subpar acting as Falcon in my opinion.

- Sam Jackson as Fury was really good, he gave a much more subtle performance as Fury this time around which really works for the character. In every other MCU film it just felt like Samuel Jackson is these superheroes what to do, and he talks and jokes a lot for such a mysterious character.

- Scarlett as Widow is terrible, while I think TWS was her best outing as Black Widow, everything she does and says just comes off as too forced, it just doesn’t feel natural at all similar to Jennifer Lawrence in DOFP/FC, she really takes me out of every scene she’s in. I think Scarlett is a really good actress but, she just doesn’t do it for me as Black Widow, I don’t know if it’s her fault or the writer’s.

Last edited:
Back