Rank the Superhero movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i9VhP6K.gif

VFQS68B.gif

:lol

Every superhero movie is pretty cool, even the s----- ones. :duff

Top Ten in alphabetical order:

The Avengers
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
The Dark Knight
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Incredibles
Iron Man
Kick-Ass
Spider-Man 2
V for Vendetta
X-Men 2

Does Unbreakable count because I loved that movie?

If we're counting movies that aren't really apart of the DC and Marvel Universe then I would have to rearrange my Top 10.

I don’t think TWS is overrated, I totally get why everyone loves it, the action is great, the script is solid, and it takes itself serious but keeps the fun, something that Iron Man 1 did (my favorite MCU film to date), the rest of the MCU films feel like sitcoms.
As far as tone, they're probably the perfect match in the MCU, they seem like they come from the same series... i like the Marvel formula for Guardians, it fits the Space Opera style perfectly, but I'd love to see the rest of the Marvel flicks produced similar to IM1 and TWS, I think a Thor done in a similar style/tone would be off the hook.

As far as tone, they're probably the perfect match in the MCU, they seem like they come from the same series... i like the Marvel formula for Guardians, it fits the Space Opera style perfectly, but I'd love to see the rest of the Marvel flicks produced similar to IM1 and TWS, I think a Thor done in a similar style/tone would be off the hook.

Yea, Guardians tone is perfect for that universe, Thor 1 had some really good emotional/dramatic scenes but there was just too many jokes being made by uninteresting characters.

Last edited:
I heard a lot of great things about Guardians, so I'm looking forward to seeing it when it comes out on DVD! Groot looks like a fun character!

There's been a lot of movies on folks' lists that I didn't think were superhero movies. Is this just comic book movies? Because in that case I'd put American Splendor somewhere. Do Indiana Jones and Luke Skywalker count as superheroes? Sin City was on multiple lists and on superhero lists on other websites, so I guess I'll use it too.

Mine are:

1.The Dark Knight
2. Batman Begins
3. The Incredibles
4. The Iron Giant
5. Mask of the Phantasm
6. The Dark Knight Rises
7. Superman vs the Elite
8. Superman the Movie (This is because of the acting and cinematography; I hated the time travel)
9. Iron Man
10. Justice League The New Frontier

If I had to give a list:

1. Superman: The Movie
2. The Dark Knight
3. Spider-Man 2
4. Batman Begins
5. X2
6. Dredd
7. Iron Man
8. Captain America The Winter Soldier
9. Blade 2
10. V for Vendetta

Honorable mentions:

Batman
X-Men First Class
The Crow
Thor
Superman 2

Not ranked and not defined by the "best" but rather the ones I enjoy the most:

- Batman 89
- TDK
- Blade
- Hellboy
- Guardians
- The Crow
- Spidey 2
- Days of Future Past
- The Shadow (yes, really)

1. The Dark Knight
2. Watchmen
3. The Dark Knight Rises
4. V for Vendetta
5. Batman Begins
6. Batman Returns
7.Batman (1989)

1) Iron Man
2) The Dark Knight (joker scenes only)
3) The Advengers
4) Superman the Movie
5) Batman (89)
6) MoS
7) X2
8) GoTG
9) Thor
10) Batman Begins

Edited:

Excluding costumed crime fighters, masked vigilantes and other mystery men.
Including only origin stories (they're the most superheroic).
_

1. Spider-man (2002) / The First Avenger / X-men: First Class
2. Blade / Hellboy / Daredevil
3. Superman TM / X-Men

CA:TWS is the best one ever no matter what.

No, nothing to with the other Avengers. Here's some of the flaws.

Fury doesn't carry a cell phone in case his hands free communications in the truck breaks.

If you're up against a super soldier, and you've got the drop on him, use a silly strangling wire instead of a gunshot to the head as your kill method.

Keep the most critical part of your drone's automated defense systems in an easy-to-reach, highly visible booth.

Satellites can only be communicated with when you reach 3000 feet.

Falcon can have his wings confiscated by rogue Shield agents in one scene, escape from the truck without them and then have them miraculously reappear on his back in the next scene with no explanation given as to how he reacquired them.

Breaking into a military compound and stealing an experimental set of wings is so routine for these guys, that showing the audience all this action is irrelevant and not needed.

When entering a secret underground bunker, going down an elevator into an even further secret underground room, what must be a mile down at this point. One missile that is suppose to vaporize the air (so even Cap couldn't breathe) can send an entire building down on top of him, and afterwards Cap and Widow can stand up and amazingly be back on the surface.

You can build giant underground helicarrier construction bunkers with massive doors under an ocean, located near a major city and no-one will notice this or think, wait a minute - why do the construction crews need to shift all this water to build beneath it. Shouldn't that be suspicious...

When shooting at Captain America, always aim at the shield, and no other exposed body parts.

Laughing, kissing, and walking arm-in-arm is kryptonite to any HYDRA agent pursuing you.

Garry Shandling hails HYDRA.

Sometimes your neighbor is a secret agent assigned to keep an eye on you.

Every Marvel Studios movie must have a generic business guy as its villain (Obidiah Stane, Justin Hammer, Aldrich Killian, Alex Pierce)

Real police will not get involved in a car chase with guns being fired in downtown streets.

If you hotwired a car in WWII-era Germany, then the same hotwiring techniques will work on a 2014 Chevy pickup.

There are no news agencies in this movie, as Captain America is completely unaware of the massive gun battle that occurred between Nick Fury and the fake cops when he arrives home.

What happened to the real councilwoman that Black Widow impersonated?

A dozen guns, trucks and ramming equipment can destroy almost everything in Nick Fury's armoured car, but even at the end of its life, you can be happy in knowing the air conditioning will still work.

Top secret shield bases has glass elevators on the outside of the building. So any sniper, missile or plane could take out anybody with ease.

Captain America's shield is strong enough to stand a blow of Thor the God of Thunder without moving him, but a french terrorist with no super powers will make him stumble and throw him to the ground with a single kick.

Captain America will always be 'on your left' as everyone knows that the black man is always 'right'.

When trying to hide your identity from the world, don't bother with a mask, face paint or high-tech holographic gadget like Black Widow had. Instead, Winter Solider likes to tie a handkerchief around his chin. His budget is apparently very tight and its all he can afford.

The five heads of Shield refuse to ever meet in person, instead they have group meeting via video screens in the Avengers and via Holo chairs in this movie. Presumably this is to prevent any action eliminating all of them at once. So it makes sense that the only time they ever come together in the real world, is when gun ships are being launched, Cap is on the loose, Nick is apparently dead, the Winter Soldier is killing people and Hydra are ready to take over. If there was ever a time when video conferencing sounded like a good idea, the end of the film was probably it.

The best way to sneak onto a hostage seized boat filled with terrorist at night, is by wearing a blue and red jumpsuit with white stripes on it. Because the 'all black' look is not in this season.

Fury got shot on purpose, then took heart slowing potion, then fooled the doctors and hospital staff trying to save him, then woke up later at the hospital or morgue after being pronounced dead.

Doctors and staff will keep secret a patient coming back to life.

The winter soldier knew exactly which route Nick Fury would take to get out of the downtown area.

The three council people in charge of Shield decide to visit its headquarters seemingly having never been there ever before, you know - the place they apparently are in charge off, and put on the bio-monitor tags, which they knew nothing about and didn't question the fact that no-one else was wearing them, and they were practically all their bosses!

Computers built in the 1960s to house a madman's brain, that still use black and white monitors thankfully are fully equipped with external USB slots.

In top secret Shield bases, its normal to keep photographs of all its founding members and agents on the wall for everyone to identify them later

Shield can bring people back from the dead, regrow hearts and give people mechanical arms. But still cannot give Nick Fury back his missing eye, or even a cheap contact lens to make him look less like a pirate.

The smithsonian museum employs 91 year old security guards to protect priceless artefacts, who fail at their job.

Tossing a bomb in the drones central control center would have been alot easier and just as effective to destroy it, instead of changing out a control chip.

When taking down three heavily armored helicarriers floating in the sky ready to change the world and kill millions, don't bother asking Thor to show up, lightning striking all three of them and going home a second later, job done, as that would be too easy. Or Hulk, too busy listening to Stark's story?

When facing an enemy with a super strong metal shield, don't bother using magnets to secure it, don't even try firing a simple taser gun instead and let the electricity pass through it and take out Cap. In fact don't even try firing a fire hose at him and let the jet pressure force it out of his hands. Instead, continue doing what you have been doing for years and thats fire bullets at it, because what doesn't work the first thousand times, might just work the 1001s time.

Flash-bangs, Grenades, RPGs, Mines and other useful weapons can be used against the enemy, but when told to take out Captain America, the entire Shield Agency are unfortunately out of special ammo, and only have bullets left.

Loki's spear, powered with a Terreract at the end of the Avengers was in Shields hand. But when planning a sequel, there is no need to explain how Hydra acquired it and no-one at Shield knows or cares. We could just show that the enemy has it, as it speeds things along.

Two super-powered mutants with speed and hex powers, whom in the comics are two the most powerful beings in the galaxy, cannot escape from a prison cell with a glass wall.

Winter Soldier may have basic human strength, but he can still lift a solid metal arm like it weighed nothing, and can still swim in a freezing cold lake, and drag Caps body in toe and not even feel any drag from its weight.

When sleeping in a bed for your entire life, then being forced to sleep on the floor for a short while before sleeping in a bed again - its impossible to get use to sleeping in a bed again without the need of an entire support group who you are the leader off.

When not one, not two but half of Shields entire infantry and leaders appear to be working for Hydra, whoever runs background checks before hiring staff should be fired.

We can buy the idea that Cap can jump from a plane without a parachute into freezing cold sea waters, avoiding the sharks and waves and surviving the impact. But how he gets from the wet ocean onto the deck of a military boat without a ladder or rope is information we the audience needn't know. And how he finds the time to dry himself off, blow-dry and comb his hair and rinse out his costume before the rest of the team turn-up we will never know.

All the conflict and tragedy in the world is not caused by incompetence or misunderstandings, but by a shadowy conspiracy that wants such things in the world. In movies, Hanlon's razor is never in effect.

Hide your important information in a location that could be easily discovered by accident. (Candy machine)

Agent Peggy Carter was such an important character that she has to be still alive in 2014 looking less then 65 years old and has to be one of the founding members of S.H.I.E.L.D. and being totally unaware of the secret base in Steve Rogers former army training compound. (In fact, her character is even so important in the Marvel movie universe that she gains her own TV show soon)

Superheroes need a secret spy living next door to them for protection.

Falcon can leap from a moving car, roll a number of times on the hot, hard asphalt, and walk it off without so much a scratch or broken wrist.

Need to identify the number code to a secret door by fingerprint and the order they need to be pressed? There's an app for that.

Black Widow, Nick Fury and Capt America all got shot but apparently that pain wears off in a few minutes and are back to normality in their next scenes.

Captain America employs the Clark Kent rule of disguise, just put on a cap and no one will recognize you.

Either the Falcon keeps a pair of hair straighteners in his apartment or Black Widow carries a very small set with her, how else do you explain the wavy look to dead straight.

Captain America has the ability to drive a brand new truck while it's still in park (the lever is all the way up)

GREATEST list ever- you are the MAN!
I loved TWS but let's put it this way: MCU movies are utter nonsense when you try to connect them with REALITY
They ARE horribly inconsistent when it comes to powers, abilties, etc..

So, exactly what plot holes TWS has?

Good luck finding any.

No, nothing to with the other Avengers. Here's some of the flaws.

Fury doesn't carry a cell phone in case his hands free communications in the truck breaks.

If you're up against a super soldier, and you've got the drop on him, use a silly strangling wire instead of a gunshot to the head as your kill method.

Keep the most critical part of your drone's automated defense systems in an easy-to-reach, highly visible booth.

Satellites can only be communicated with when you reach 3000 feet.

Falcon can have his wings confiscated by rogue Shield agents in one scene, escape from the truck without them and then have them miraculously reappear on his back in the next scene with no explanation given as to how he reacquired them.

Breaking into a military compound and stealing an experimental set of wings is so routine for these guys, that showing the audience all this action is irrelevant and not needed.

When entering a secret underground bunker, going down an elevator into an even further secret underground room, what must be a mile down at this point. One missile that is suppose to vaporize the air (so even Cap couldn't breathe) can send an entire building down on top of him, and afterwards Cap and Widow can stand up and amazingly be back on the surface.

You can build giant underground helicarrier construction bunkers with massive doors under an ocean, located near a major city and no-one will notice this or think, wait a minute - why do the construction crews need to shift all this water to build beneath it. Shouldn't that be suspicious...

When shooting at Captain America, always aim at the shield, and no other exposed body parts.

Laughing, kissing, and walking arm-in-arm is kryptonite to any HYDRA agent pursuing you.

Garry Shandling hails HYDRA.

Sometimes your neighbor is a secret agent assigned to keep an eye on you.

Every Marvel Studios movie must have a generic business guy as its villain (Obidiah Stane, Justin Hammer, Aldrich Killian, Alex Pierce)

Real police will not get involved in a car chase with guns being fired in downtown streets.

If you hotwired a car in WWII-era Germany, then the same hotwiring techniques will work on a 2014 Chevy pickup.

There are no news agencies in this movie, as Captain America is completely unaware of the massive gun battle that occurred between Nick Fury and the fake cops when he arrives home.

What happened to the real councilwoman that Black Widow impersonated?

A dozen guns, trucks and ramming equipment can destroy almost everything in Nick Fury's armoured car, but even at the end of its life, you can be happy in knowing the air conditioning will still work.

Top secret shield bases has glass elevators on the outside of the building. So any sniper, missile or plane could take out anybody with ease.

Captain America's shield is strong enough to stand a blow of Thor the God of Thunder without moving him, but a french terrorist with no super powers will make him stumble and throw him to the ground with a single kick.

Captain America will always be 'on your left' as everyone knows that the black man is always 'right'.

When trying to hide your identity from the world, don't bother with a mask, face paint or high-tech holographic gadget like Black Widow had. Instead, Winter Solider likes to tie a handkerchief around his chin. His budget is apparently very tight and its all he can afford.

The five heads of Shield refuse to ever meet in person, instead they have group meeting via video screens in the Avengers and via Holo chairs in this movie. Presumably this is to prevent any action eliminating all of them at once. So it makes sense that the only time they ever come together in the real world, is when gun ships are being launched, Cap is on the loose, Nick is apparently dead, the Winter Soldier is killing people and Hydra are ready to take over. If there was ever a time when video conferencing sounded like a good idea, the end of the film was probably it.

The best way to sneak onto a hostage seized boat filled with terrorist at night, is by wearing a blue and red jumpsuit with white stripes on it. Because the 'all black' look is not in this season.

Fury got shot on purpose, then took heart slowing potion, then fooled the doctors and hospital staff trying to save him, then woke up later at the hospital or morgue after being pronounced dead.

Doctors and staff will keep secret a patient coming back to life.

The winter soldier knew exactly which route Nick Fury would take to get out of the downtown area.

The three council people in charge of Shield decide to visit its headquarters seemingly having never been there ever before, you know - the place they apparently are in charge off, and put on the bio-monitor tags, which they knew nothing about and didn't question the fact that no-one else was wearing them, and they were practically all their bosses!

Computers built in the 1960s to house a madman's brain, that still use black and white monitors thankfully are fully equipped with external USB slots.

In top secret Shield bases, its normal to keep photographs of all its founding members and agents on the wall for everyone to identify them later

Shield can bring people back from the dead, regrow hearts and give people mechanical arms. But still cannot give Nick Fury back his missing eye, or even a cheap contact lens to make him look less like a pirate.

The smithsonian museum employs 91 year old security guards to protect priceless artefacts, who fail at their job.

Tossing a bomb in the drones central control center would have been alot easier and just as effective to destroy it, instead of changing out a control chip.

When taking down three heavily armored helicarriers floating in the sky ready to change the world and kill millions, don't bother asking Thor to show up, lightning striking all three of them and going home a second later, job done, as that would be too easy. Or Hulk, too busy listening to Stark's story?

When facing an enemy with a super strong metal shield, don't bother using magnets to secure it, don't even try firing a simple taser gun instead and let the electricity pass through it and take out Cap. In fact don't even try firing a fire hose at him and let the jet pressure force it out of his hands. Instead, continue doing what you have been doing for years and thats fire bullets at it, because what doesn't work the first thousand times, might just work the 1001s time.

Flash-bangs, Grenades, RPGs, Mines and other useful weapons can be used against the enemy, but when told to take out Captain America, the entire Shield Agency are unfortunately out of special ammo, and only have bullets left.

Loki's spear, powered with a Terreract at the end of the Avengers was in Shields hand. But when planning a sequel, there is no need to explain how Hydra acquired it and no-one at Shield knows or cares. We could just show that the enemy has it, as it speeds things along.

Two super-powered mutants with speed and hex powers, whom in the comics are two the most powerful beings in the galaxy, cannot escape from a prison cell with a glass wall.

Winter Soldier may have basic human strength, but he can still lift a solid metal arm like it weighed nothing, and can still swim in a freezing cold lake, and drag Caps body in toe and not even feel any drag from its weight.

When sleeping in a bed for your entire life, then being forced to sleep on the floor for a short while before sleeping in a bed again - its impossible to get use to sleeping in a bed again without the need of an entire support group who you are the leader off.

When not one, not two but half of Shields entire infantry and leaders appear to be working for Hydra, whoever runs background checks before hiring staff should be fired.

We can buy the idea that Cap can jump from a plane without a parachute into freezing cold sea waters, avoiding the sharks and waves and surviving the impact. But how he gets from the wet ocean onto the deck of a military boat without a ladder or rope is information we the audience needn't know. And how he finds the time to dry himself off, blow-dry and comb his hair and rinse out his costume before the rest of the team turn-up we will never know.

All the conflict and tragedy in the world is not caused by incompetence or misunderstandings, but by a shadowy conspiracy that wants such things in the world. In movies, Hanlon's razor is never in effect.

Hide your important information in a location that could be easily discovered by accident. (Candy machine)

Agent Peggy Carter was such an important character that she has to be still alive in 2014 looking less then 65 years old and has to be one of the founding members of S.H.I.E.L.D. and being totally unaware of the secret base in Steve Rogers former army training compound. (In fact, her character is even so important in the Marvel movie universe that she gains her own TV show soon)

Superheroes need a secret spy living next door to them for protection.

Falcon can leap from a moving car, roll a number of times on the hot, hard asphalt, and walk it off without so much a scratch or broken wrist.

Need to identify the number code to a secret door by fingerprint and the order they need to be pressed? There's an app for that.

Black Widow, Nick Fury and Capt America all got shot but apparently that pain wears off in a few minutes and are back to normality in their next scenes.

Captain America employs the Clark Kent rule of disguise, just put on a cap and no one will recognize you.

Either the Falcon keeps a pair of hair straighteners in his apartment or Black Widow carries a very small set with her, how else do you explain the wavy look to dead straight.

Captain America has the ability to drive a brand new truck while it's still in park (the lever is all the way up)
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl Owned.

I've had a chance to re watch a ton of comic book movies recently and realized I needed to rearrange my top 10.

1. The Dark Knight

2. Batman Begins

3. X2: X-Men United

4. Superman Returns - Possibly the most underrated superhero movie ever.

5. The Dark Knight Rises

6. X-Men First Class

7. X-Men Days of Future Past

8. Iron Man

9. Superman The Movie

10. Spider-Man

I was waiting for BvS to come out before making my list since, but it wasn't my cup of granny's peach tea. I'm glad to see everyone seems to like it because now I feel more comfortable with my likes! :lol

1. The Dark Knight

2. Batman Begins

3. Iron Man

4. Iron Man 3

5. Hellboy 2 (Does Hellboy count as a superhero?)

6. Hellboy

7.The Dark Knight Rises

8. The Incredibles

9. The Winter Soldier

10. Captain America the First Avenger

Back