Rank the Matrix trilogy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rank the Matrix trilogy

• Matrix > Reloaded > Revolutions

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Matrix > Revolutions > Reloaded

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Reloaded > Matrix > Revolutions

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Reloaded > Revolutions > Matrix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Revolutions > Reloaded > Matrix

• Revolutions > Matrix > Reloaded

• Total voters
I have what may be considered a controversial take on the franchise...Reloaded is significantly the strongest in the series to me...I consider it to be akin to going from ANH to ESB in the Star Wars franchise.
Revolutions is easily second...with the original solidly in third place.
I appreciate that without the original we obviously would not have the other two but I consider the sequels to be far more fulfilling.

Same, order released.

I enjoy the sequels though, very entertaining. And I guess I wasn't that fussed about how it ended so wasn't as let down as others were by Revolutions.

I never liked either of you anyway

I never liked either of you anyway

Ha ha fair enough :) just to clarify though...I was horrendously disappointed by the ending of Revolutions...to the point that I was actually a little angry.
I felt tricked and cheated and the feeling was akin to watching an entire season of a tv series only to have it revealed to have all been a dream.
After some time passed and I got over that I found that I just really enjoyed the world building in the two sequels a lot more than what was on display in the first film.

I have what may be considered a controversial take on the franchise...Reloaded is significantly the strongest in the series to me...I consider it to be akin to going from ANH to ESB in the Star Wars franchise.
Revolutions is easily second...with the original solidly in third place.
I appreciate that without the original we obviously would not have the other two but I consider the sequels to be far more fulfilling.

Ha ha fair enough :) just to clarify though...I was horrendously disappointed by the ending of Revolutions...to the point that I was actually a little angry.
I felt tricked and cheated and the feeling was akin to watching an entire season of a tv series only to have it revealed to have all been a dream.
After some time passed and I got over that I found that I just really enjoyed the world building in the two sequels a lot more than what was on display in the first film.

The world-building is something I tend to overlook when I think about the trilogy. The original had the novelty but the way the sequels expanded on it was epic. And to be fair, any movie that bestows upon us this most excellent vision of womanhood shouldn't be so readily dismissed:

ddf744c437c58006fd70b66e14854fa2.jpg

The matrix is like the OT (classic)
Reloaded and Revolutions are like the PT (utter crap, but look at all these effects)
Animatrix is like the Clone Wars Series (mostly watchable)

The final battle alone made Revolutions worthwhile. It was the forerunner to Supes v Zod in MoS.

I don't understand the appeal of two indestructible super beings flying through the air and smashing themselves through buildings over and over again. There's no tension, no drama, no suspense.

A more grounded fight like The Winder Soldier is so much more exciting.

That said, Revolutions did it better than MoS.

I don't understand the appeal of two indestructible super beings flying through the air and smashing themselves through buildings over and over again. There's no tension, no drama, no suspense.

I agree with most of what you said beside the bolded part. The neo smith fight didnt hold a candle too zod and supes. There was way more at stake in the outcome of the man of steel fight (the destruction of man kind) then the fake matrix fight (it just repeats itself man kind is stuck in the matrix no matter what happens- smith would have been defeated by the next neo) which as cool as it was for its time looks dated As **** now, and definitely not as epic as any of the man of steel fights (Smallville included). The only fault with the man of steel fight is the zod battle went on far too long, so we became numb to the awesome **** that was unfolding before our eyes. I see why they did this after superman returns where he basically just fought an island made of kryptonite, it was long over due unleashing superman in a real fight that donor would have done in supes 2 had he not been limited by technology.

To address your first part, if the adversary is just as powerful (or even more powerful) as the protagonist then there is suspense which is why thanos worked as a villain an Ultron did not. Or why darth vader worked in the ot and kylo ren did not cause rey had already whipped his ass and he didnt ever seem as a real threat to her. If luke had kicked vaders ass in empire it would be tough to convey any believable suspense in that final confrontation between them in jedi

Train Man was silly.

Matrix rules.

Reloaded is half a good movie.

Revolutions is unnecessary.

Speaking of indestructible beings flying, fighting and MOS, I was watching the Matrix tonight, and never noticed that the last shot of the film of Neo stepping out of the phone booth and flying away is a reference to Superman. :D

Speaking of indestructible beings flying, fighting and MOS, I was watching the Matrix tonight, and never noticed that the last shot of the film of Neo stepping out of the phone booth and flying away is a reference to Superman. :D

Wow, dunno if that ever really consciously occurred to me either. The ending is very similar to that of MoS in that regard.

Of course, in Reloaded they do refer to Neo doing his "Superman thing".

I'm a bit confused by this pole.... Isn't there only the one Matrix movie? :confused:

I looked over at my movie shelf, and sure enough there's only one movie just called "The Matrix". Pretty sure that's all there is....

You guys are silly...:cuckoo:

Back