Rainman's new project [Factory Owner]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think one part of it is that the figure is so colorful that it really pops out on the shelf, particularly with the midget at his side. And the character is pretty iconic in its way. My guess is that stuff trumps the actual interest in the movie itself for some.

I think one part of it is that the figure is so colorful that it really pops out on the shelf, particularly with the midget at his side. And the character is pretty iconic in its way. My guess is that stuff trumps the actual interest in the movie itself for some.

I think your right, probably the "Shelf Factor" of Wonka versus Gene Wilder fans

It seems a lot of people that own the RM DX Wonka are only into the figure for its supposed high resale value? :dunno I highly doubt many people are THAT big of fans of the movie.

I am definitely not one of those people. I paid the amount I did not so I could try and sell it for that price somewhere down the line, but because I love the character and think that with the Oompa Loompa is a really special set for me.

I am definitely not one of those people. I paid the amount I did not so I could try and sell it for that price somewhere down the line, but because I love the character and think that with the Oompa Loompa is a really special set for me.

Its very special and I would never dream of selling mine :) :exactly:

It's one of those things that some kids would love and be really nostalgic about, for sure, and I think that helps to explain the folks willing to shell out the big bucks. I didn't care much for it as a kid myself, or Wizard of Oz for that matter, but I have that same love for some other movies.

I got the blu ray for my 21st birthday this year and I must say I am impressed only complaint was the fact that Charlie's jumper just looked like a red blob (over done)

I've just booked tickets to see the musical :D

I remember watching this for the first time in class and loving it! I guess because I love chocolates and the idea of being able to win a trip to some mysterious super factory where they make this was just too cool. I wanted that golden ticket!!!

I think I might have been too freaked out by it to really get into it as a kid. Particularly the scene where the girl turns into a blueberry. And Wonka getting really angry and dismissive of the kid at the end. "You get nothing! Good day sir!"

Wonka was a total ****, and I absolutely agree, Sam. Those Oompas scared the bejeezus out of me as a kid. I watched it on VHS as a tyke, and, my goodness, what ominous little buggers they are. I think the creepiest part was that, unlike the remake, you never saw the kids again. Those freaky deaky little people roll the girl off after she turns into a blueberry and that's the last you see of her, the German kid gets sucked into a vortex of chocolate, etc.

"Come with me, and you'll see a world of pure imagination;" yeah, well, I don't think you and I are imagining the same things, Gene Wilder.:lol

LOL, yeah, those Oompas were pretty disturbing as well. Maybe it works best for kids who are of a certain age, like, over 10? I was also freaked by out Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, and Time Bandits as a kid, though. So maybe I was just skittish of movies in general.

Time Bandits definitely has the most ****ed up ending of any kids' movie I'm aware of.

Back