Rainman's new project [Factory Owner]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The biggest areas for me where Iminime and Rainman aren't on the same level is still tailoring and accessories, though that could well change. Iminime has drastically improved. But the motivation for Iminime producing X or Y isn't just that it is a character that could use an update. It's mostly whether or not demand exists. Take the Dude or Butcher. I think Rainman's figures are damn near perfect, and have a very hard time imagining any major improvements. But how many people would jump at paying $500 for something close to what Rainman gave us? All it needs is a certain number to express interest, and Denny will apparently go after it. So, I can see something like Alex from Clockwork (though that sculpt really could use an update IMO), the Dude, or Bill being done by Iminime at some point.

If Trevor did the sculpts, they would beat it by a landslide!!!

I say bring it on!!!

Are you reading this Denny Kim!

I would love to see an updated Wonka but more than that an updated Alex, the clothes and accesories are great, but the sculpt need to done justice!

If Trevor did the sculpts, they would beat it by a landslide!!!

I say bring it on!!!

Are you reading this Denny Kim!

I really do think that Denny should seriously consider doing Willy Wonka. Not just spirited talk here, but legitimate interest. The Iminime talent level is too high to skip this one. Since most of us are not a member (I was a while back) of the $3000 Wonka club as it was coined, the interest level would be extremely high. I know that Iminime has a few items in the pipeline, but that would give them the time needed to make this the #1 figure of 2014.

I wish Iminime takes up more tailoring projects at a price point similar to what the Rick's sets are offered. That could infuse a lot of capital and its well worth the money at that price point.

Sculpt and paint-wise, they're at par with RM. I didn't think twice before dropping $130 on a sculpt as they're fantastic (Which is the same what RM charges).

A void which Denny could definitely fill is offering H&C sets like RM does. Right now with no shoes and no accessories, clothing sets aren't lucrative at all. Since their full figures now trade at a higher price point than what they initially started off at, they should be really look at filling in the gap.

As I said before Iminime could certainly improve on the sculpt probably not the other elements for me but they could potentially be matched. It's been done though and not that long ago lets move on. Do you honestly think 75-125 people would sign up for an Iminime Wonka? I know they've really come on recently quality wise so there stock is high but there was another Wonka project going on and it took awhile to hit 25-30 at roughly the same level an Iminime FS would cost. I dunno if they would get that kind of interest tbh only one way to find out.

As I said before Iminime could certainly improve on the sculpt probably not the other elements for me but they could potentially be matched. It's been done though and not that long ago lets move on. Do you honestly think 75-125 people would sign up for an Iminime Wonka? I know they've really come on recently quality wise so there stock is high but there was another Wonka project going on and it took awhile to hit 25-30 at roughly the same level an Iminime FS would cost. I dunno if they would get that kind of interest tbh only one way to find out.

The recent Wonka list filled up in a couple of hours. We capped it and then had to extend it. I really do think 75 people is not out of the question, just my opinion of course.

The recent Wonka list filled up in a couple of hours. We capped it and then had to extend it. I really do think 75 people is not out of the question, just my opinion of course.

And only 8 of those people have committed themselves by actually putting money down that thread is what nearly 4 months old and only 8 out of 30 odd have actually properly thrown there hat into the ring. I really don't think the interest is there to do this fig again not with such a high quality version less than 2 years old out there. But it is just my opinion I could very well be wrong. Personally I'd love to see one of Iminime's in house sculptors or even Trev via Iminime do the sculpt but sculpt only releases are not really a part of Iminime's business plan so it'd have to be full fig or nothing.

And only 8 of those people have committed themselves by actually putting money down that thread is what nearly 4 months old and only 8 out of 30 odd have actually properly thrown there hat into the ring.

Because a painted haired sculpt was never shown, never mind a full figure.

Because a painted haired sculpt was never shown, never mind a full figure.

That is very true that would of course of likely made a difference. The only other thing I can throw out there to back up my opinion it wouldn't gain the interest needed is if you go back through the last 10-15 pages of this very thread how many people are asking or actively discussing a remake? I count 3 maybe 4 hardly enough to convince Denny to do a run of figures. You could throw in the 30 odd other people on the other list but even that would not make the numbers up. It's not like people are posting to be added to a waitlist over there is it.

As I said this is purely my opinion if Denny ever does decide to do one I'll watch with interest and if it ended up being on par with the figures they've been knocking out over the last few releases (Bateman, Cowboy, Bride) I'd pick one up.

I'm with you on this one Gareth, I think the only thing that could be updated would be the sculpt on Wonka.

I'm not sure if a nice, Iminime Wonka would have success or not. As a character/film, I do think it's a niche item. The Rainman figure has boosted interest in it, but how many sales would that translate into, particularly since a number of collectors have scratched that itch with the Rainman version already? Hard to say.

A very close friend of mine got his DX Wonka 2 weeks ago for $2700 shipped .

I think 3k possibly as far as 4k is its worth so your friend got a good deal. I don't think the one sale at 6k is indicative of its value that one particular sale was a bit of an anomaly if you ask me

Yeah it was a very reasonable deal for a rare piece.

The Korean collectors are selling their custom figures (Kojun, Arnie kim , YJ Park , Rainman, Serang, hyun Kim.. Etc) for that range $1500-$3000

Depends on the rarity & demand .

dayum.....i would like to see an updated Iminime headsculpt for Wonka....but where i think Iminime would bank would be in creating additional Oompa Loompas with various facial expressions....you can maybe even have 2 different types of bodies to mix and match....i know there would be a mad run of Oompa army builders out there....

dayum.....i would like to see an updated Iminime headsculpt for Wonka....but where i think Iminime would bank would be in creating additional Oompa Loompas with various facial expressions....you can maybe even have 2 different types of bodies to mix and match....i know there would be a mad run of Oompa army builders out there....

:goodpost: :exactly:

That would be so awesome!! I've brought it up before.

A three-pack of Oompas :) :panic: :horror

It seems a lot of people that own the RM DX Wonka are only into the figure for its supposed high resale value? :dunno I highly doubt many people are THAT big of fans of the movie.

Back