Rainman's new project [Factory Owner]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way Steve, You have me here laughing like crazy by your responses over at OSR.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Last night the dx was for buy it now $30,000....

A steal at $10,000.....

I think army might hold the recent record of the rm g b u ,trio figure sale, wasn't it for $5,000, or close to it. I say good for you if you can get it. More power too you.

It seems a lot of people that own the RM DX Wonka are only into the figure for its supposed high resale value? :dunno I highly doubt many people are THAT big of fans of the movie.

No amount of cash would make me part with mine (well not unless I managed to secure a replacement first lol). It's perceived after market price means nothing to me.

Don't let Bullet read this :lol

Too late :rotfl

No amount of cash would make me part with mine (well not unless I managed to secure a replacement first lol). It's perceived after market price means nothing to me.

I get it.. the Wonka craze is a UK thing
;)

We had the A-team when I was a kid

And only 8 of those people have committed themselves by actually putting money down that thread is what nearly 4 months old and only 8 out of 30 odd have actually properly thrown there hat into the ring. I really don't think the interest is there to do this fig again not with such a high quality version less than 2 years old out there. But it is just my opinion I could very well be wrong. Personally I'd love to see one of Iminime's in house sculptors or even Trev via Iminime do the sculpt but sculpt only releases are not really a part of Iminime's business plan so it'd have to be full fig or nothing.

Unfortunately, only eight put up the money because Rocco wanted payments up front without seeing anything and the price was higher than originally stated. The benefit of Iminime doing the project is that denny has a track record, of both quality and honesty. Trusting people will spend more willingly.

LOL, yeah, those Oompas were pretty disturbing as well. Maybe it works best for kids who are of a certain age, like, over 10? I was also freaked by out Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, and Time Bandits as a kid, though. So maybe I was just skittish of movies in general.

Time Bandits definitely has the most ****ed up ending of any kids' movie I'm aware of.

Movies aimed at kids were defiantly freakier when we were younger and I love it. I still love all those movies. Add Legend to the list and those were the movies that ruled my childhood. I still think they're better than 99% of the movies made for kids now days. It just seems a lot of the fantasy element gets lost in all the cg.

Movies aimed at kids were defiantly freakier when we were younger and I love it. I still love all those movies. Add Legend to the list and those were the movies that ruled my childhood. I still think they're better than 99% of the movies made for kids now days. It just seems a lot of the fantasy element gets lost in all the cg.

Labyrinth and Dark Crystal were freaky children movies aswell, love them both but definitely weird and sometimes scary haha
I definitely agree that we had some freaky movies for kids in the '80s, and Labyinth and Dark Crystal (both Henson movies) are at the head of that list, along with Time Bandits, Legend, Edward Scissorhands, and to some extent Never Ending Story, Monster Squad, Goonies, and Return to Oz. Even Temple of Doom.

I definitely agree that we had some freaky movies for kids in the '80s, and Labyinth and Dark Crystal (both Henson movies) are at the head of that list, along with Time Bandits, Legend, Edward Scissorhands, and to some extent Never Ending Story, Monster Squad, Goonies, and Return to Oz. Even Temple of Doom.

Haha man I love Monster Squad!!!

The OG Willy Wonka is one of my all time faves! Mags I'm with you bro!!! :1-1:
I'll never sell my DX! :pfft:
Seeing it as a kid was one thing, but seeing it 15 years later as an adult I was blown away by all the sarcasm and wit you miss as a kid.
This was my favorite line.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVznerpOkTI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVznerpOkTI[/ame]

You mean facebook, but yeah having fun with it. :wink1: :lol

OSR is the name of the fb group Steve lol. There responses are amazing as always. Nobody over there would be batting an eye if it was an Iron Man fig ;)

The folks over on Facebook are too jokes!

I see what you did there playing on the fact most of them don't sound all together 'with it' ;) haha

Back