Rainmans 'Killer A'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rainmans New Project: 'No Country Killer'

Not sure this one deserves the DX treatment. Thoughts?

If so, what do people regard as an obviously cool fullset special item? I am struggling.

No need for DX and make the special fullset item the cattle gun with the silenced shotgun for part sets.

edit: I also think this definitely needs a sculpted neck to bring out the likeness. Javier has a thick neck that you won't be able to duplicate properly unless sculpted.

Doesn't every Rainman figure get a DX nowadays? It's a way to milk folks for money, so I think he'll stick with it. Extra, car crash damaged headsculpt could work.

Seems to me both weapons should come with all sets, since both were so important to the character (neither is really optional), but the cost may be prohibitive.

Llewelyn Moss?

:lol:rotfl

No need for DX and make the special fullset item the cattle gun with the silenced shotgun for part sets.

12893-620x-THATS_A_BINGO.jpg

Hey I wasn't saying both shouldn't come with all sets, I just highly doubt it.

where's Superman Comics?

I saw him on the shelf in the "not for sale section" at Superman Comics yesterday.

BTW so pumped for this next figure!!!:blissy:blissy

as for the choice: wasnt my first choice but an epic performance and i will wait to see what comes of it.

I'm saying they shouldn't. There needs to be an incentive big enough to pay the extra cash and there's nothing else big enough to include. A bloody head sculpt doesn't work because he doesn't wear the same outfit.

I'm saying they shouldn't. There needs to be an incentive big enough to pay the extra cash and there's nothing else big enough to include. A bloody head sculpt doesn't work because he doesn't wear the same outfit.

No I completely agree. Other than making one of the weapons a fullset exclusive, there is nothing else to set it apart and make you want to spend the extra scratch.

So who actually watched the film?

Extra Items:
Transponder Tracking Device
Briefcase
Tec 9

2883376983_9936ea4234.jpg

rtuk_feature_kelly_macdonald_03.jpg

Last edited:

None of us Turbo. You are the only one. We are not worthy :thud:

It's been years since I've watched the film but I don't remember him ever getting his hands on that case?

And Plainview walked around with a quail suit and a bowling Pin!

Let's Get It Together!
Extra items:
Transponder Tracker Device
Briefcase
Tec 9

2883376983_9936ea4234.jpg

rtuk_feature_kelly_macdonald_03.jpg

Last edited:

And Plainview walked around with a quail suit and a bowling Pin!
:lecture

No I completely agree. Other than making one of the weapons a fullset exclusive, there is nothing else to set it apart and make you want to spend the extra scratch.
The problem is that there is a major disincentive to getting the outfit/head set. As for setting the full set apart, Rainman has included items as minor as Doc Holliday's cup, Pee-Wee's horn, and Bill's 1:1 scale eye, so I don't know that one of his key weapons really needs to be the difference maker there.

I'm not likely buying this anyway (so it isn't like this is self serving or anything), but I think the comment before about outfit sets hanging around could be an issue here otherwise. The biggest incentive for the fullset, as is usually the case, is the paint work from RM in my opinion.

It's been years since I've watched the film but I don't remember him ever getting his hands on that case?

He gets it after the shoot out at the hotel where Moss and all the Mexicans get killed. He has it when Jones goes to hotel and he is hiding behind the door. I think.

BTW I heard the movie was based on a real incident? Is that true? There really is a guy like Anton going around?!!

Back