Rainmans 'Killer A'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rainmans New Project: 'No Country Killer'

From what I remember the brothers production figure came with the bolt gun , tracking device and the shotgun , not sure if a coin was included. The case , gun and milk are the only other possibilities that would make sense from what I remember.

He does get it at the second motel room correct.

It is based on a book of the same name by Cormac McCarthy.

Good news is I definitely need to watch it again. :lol

I remember three hotel shootouts? And I remember Moss tossing the Money in Mexico over a fence. I don't remember what happens with the money after that.

Moss arranges to meet Carla jean in Mexico to pass off the money but before he can Chigurh catches up and kills him.

Ed Tom notices the vent in this room is removed with a dime.

So yeh, the cash is a logical choice I guess, even though you never see him with it.

actually the Mexicans get the briefcase filled with cash. they know where to find Moss because they approach his mother-in-law as she is about to catch the bus with his wife to El Paso, and ask her where she's going. Chigurgh never catches up with the money, at least not within the confines of the story. but it doesnt seem that money is his real objective to begin with.

Is that how it goes in the book?

I misunderstood I guess. Thought he got it and killed the Mexicans.

I thought the Mexicans were shown peeling off out of the parking lot in a truck after they killed Moss?

:lol Really need to watch it again.

I remember Anton was in the room when Bell went back to the crime scene and had checked the vent because he knew that's where Moss hid it at the first motel showdown. I didn't ever remember him getting it though. He certainly doesn't have it when he kills Moss's chick or wrecks the car.

Honestly I would be perfectly content with the surpessed shotgun and air compressed tank weapon. The coin, breifcase, and tracking device aren't essentials for me personally. I plan on displaying him holding each weapon.

wow, cant wait for rainman to this..!!! very cool.....here is my brothers, switched over to a tt, and a mild re-paint of the sculpt...hair totaly repainted....clothes will be much better when rainman does anton........he comes with what you see in the pics.....

001-22.jpg

002-21.jpg

003-18.jpg

004-21.jpg

I was just thinking yesterday that this would be an awesome figure for Rainman to do.

Yes! Another awesome Rainman release I can't afford. :lol

I was really hoping for Ringo next and then Wyatt Earp a little down the road. Hopefully Ringo will be after Anton.

:rock:rock:rock

YEA BABY!! WIP pics can't come fast enough for this one man.

My favorite part of this choice is there isn't anything to debate about. Outfit and accessories are obvious and straight forward :D

I'm sure it's been said already but BP did it right. Only thing missing was the coin

wahoooooooooooo !!!!!! my head hit the roof when i found out about this finaly a figure from one of the best films ever made.so pumped.:panic:

Just to Re-cap!

D87C3855-ECB9-4588-9524-B3B774B9AD00-1583-000005592E45DBED.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's a link to a short video by the National Firearms Museum about Anton's Gun

https://www.nramuseum.com/the-museu...od-guns-4/no-country-for-old-men-(2007).aspx#

These are some reference pics of the actual gun taken at the National Firearms Museum. These are the best reference pics Rainman will get. Someone close to Rainman, please make sure he gets them. This is the actual screen used gun.

82EBD81E-B411-4B85-8A00-ACF01847BDCB-1583-0000050A6ECA3038.jpg
[/IMG]
C03DF447-CE46-465F-8FCC-F8A71216FDA7-1583-0000050A64D07A96.jpg
[/IMG]
image.axd

98E35380-7F40-4A90-9391-C4501A2617F1-1583-0000050A775A539D.jpg
[/IMG]
image.axd

Last edited:

The brothers production is a great figure , especially for the price it was. Here's a few pics of mine.

anton.jpg

DSC03967.jpg

DSC04462.jpg

The sculpt and tailoring could be improved though , can't wait to see Rainman's take on this.

He's not worth the cost of a Sideshow release, let alone Rainman. :dunno

I kinda agree a little but depends on the price...could be a decent price...kinda want to see like a WOW figure. Serang has wowed the floor with Hendrix...lately Rainman hasn't came out with some WOW figures. I know saying this is in a small group who may have their opinion on this but i'm hoping soon he does a figure i actually want to invest in....but for those who are wanting this...jump all over it!!!!

i'm not sure if chigurgh was hiding in the room when the sheriff comes, i thought the idea of the possibility that the inexplicable evil of which he does not understand waiting for him in the dark was an element to the fear he now feels on the job.
in the book, there is no such scene. actually the screenplaydiffered greatly from the book in that the sheriff's story ran somewhat parallel to all the action and you never actually follow him on the case. his part in the book is a series of monologues which comment on the harsh realities of the contemporary world.

I thought the Mexicans were shown peeling off out of the parking lot in a truck after they killed Moss?

:lol Really need to watch it again.

I remember Anton was in the room when Bell went back to the crime scene and had checked the vent because he knew that's where Moss hid it at the first motel showdown. I didn't ever remember him getting it though. He certainly doesn't have it when he kills Moss's chick or wrecks the car.

I've seen that theory and actually like it, but in the end it would be inconsistent to the rest of the film the Coen brothers gave us. This was one of the rare occasions where I like the book and film equally and for different reasons. I don't think you can capture McCarthy's prose on film and I think the Coen's knew that.

Back