Rainmans Dr. Huckleberry

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rainmans New Project: Dr. Huckleberry

Cracked and ordered the standard fullset :)

Jesus ____ing Christ man you gave me a heart attack with that comment, I was like whaaaat! it went up earlier!!??? this was the early shot for you vip's I take it.

nah, this one's a definite keeper. glad to see rainman back at westerns. i wonder if he'll ever return to some of the classics you guys have mentioned after ringo. westerns and period stuff like bill certainly seem to suit his style.

:lol:rotfl

I knew it was coming, I was just kiding myself really :(

The question is Teddy, will you also get Ringo? ..personally for me Rainmans work is too expensive to be buying companion figures or buying a whole series of characters from the same movie, as much as I like Tombstone Doc is the only one worth paying these prices for IMO.

do you have any updates on your david by the way? really want to see how rainman tackles that inner jacket since i still can't tell what the damn thing actually was.

Due to be made soon.

No I don't think anybody really knows what it is. I personally think it is a weathered brown leather jacket so I am pretty sure that is what it will be.

The question is Teddy, will you also get Ringo? ..personally for me Rainmans work is too expensive to be buying companion figures or buying a whole series of characters from the same movie, as much as I like Tombstone Doc is the only one worth paying these prices for IMO.

Exactly

I am sure it will be mega impressive but I personally always wanted just Doc.

Ya that's what I always thought it was, on my custom however there is not much undercoat other then the collar showing trough I tried to avoid as much bulk as possible, now back on topic.:)

Due to be made soon.

No I don't think anybody really knows what it is. I personally think it is a weathered brown leather jacket so I am pretty sure that is what it will be.

I'm holding you to this Teddy, now don't have me quoting this post after you have bought the Ringo full set! :nana: :lol

thanks for the help:thud:
vip just mean member on the site?

No you are not VIP if you are a member of his site.Someone told me you have to be a long time member and have spent a certain amount of money on figures from Rainman. I don't know what that number is. Maybe a "VIP" can tell you what that amount is since I am not a VIP.

Sorry I couldn't help and didnt mean to be a smartass

:lol trust me after this and David I am broke :)

Aren't we all!:( I'm thinking it would actually be wise for me to go for a clothing set and unpainted sculpt for Doc and have the head painted at a later date when I'm not under as much financial pressure, it would make paying for Sebs Ror easier too. I don't mind not getting a rainman paint job as long as I can get someone like Nathan to paint it instead and I could get those sweat beads I wanted too!:)

Aren't we all!:( I'm thinking it would actually be wise for me to go for a clothing set and unpainted sculpt for Doc and have the head painted at a later date when I'm not under as much financial pressure, it would make paying for Sebs Ror easier too. I don't mind not getting a rainman paint job as long as I can get someone like Nathan to paint it instead and I could get those sweat beads I wanted too!:)

That was the way I was going to go but I am kinda fullset or nothing now. I only have fullsets in my collection and didn't want to upset the balance and as a huge rainman fanboy it means alot to me to have the fullset. If you are not into that though I think what you have mentioned is a good way to go also.

I am now a pretty lazy collector and sometimes they can be fiddly to put together. The beauty of a fullset is it is all pretty much done for you :)

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH I HAVEN'T GOT AN EMAIL YET!!!!! RAINMAN WHHHHHYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!.

Ok I feel a little better now......(refresh inbox, refresh inbox)

*****update Just checked spam and nothing from Rainman BUT it looks like there's a "fun girl" who wants to meet me, I've won money and I can get "bigger" by 3 inches .....this day may turn out alright after all*****

That was the way I was going to go but I am kinda fullset or nothing now. I only have fullsets in my collection and didn't want to upset the balance and as a huge rainman fanboy it means alot to me to have the fullset. If you are not into that though I think what you have mentioned is a good way to go also.

I am now a pretty lazy collector and sometimes they can be fiddly to put together. The beauty of a fullset is it is all pretty much done for you :)

Well dressing a figure ain't exactly hard, I'd gladly save some money there, will the head still need to be applied that odd way using the string tied around the innards of the chest cavity? Anyway It's only an idea I may chance my mind after seeing all the pics, I do like getting those certs of authenticity.

:lol Snake will have it too, lets have sweepstakes on when it will be in his sale thread! :lol ..I kid I kid!:D:peace

Yeh I have sold two of my five fullsets as proceeds are my only income for my collectibles.

All I know is mine is bought and paid for. :)

Yeh I have sold two of my five fullsets as proceeds are my only income for my collectibles.

All I know is mine is bought and paid for. :)

While I respect and admire that you can keep your collection so slim I would imagine in your situation (sell to buy) you should be more selective in what you purchase, I mean do you really need Ringo..really? what will you sell to have him?

Congratz on snagging one btw!:)

Thanks. It's more a necessity thing really!! :)

I sold Stansfield due to a few things that bugged me about it and Alex due to my feelings about that character on my shelf.

Well, I like to experience pieces I want in hand and it is only after I have had them for a while whether I can truly understand if they are keepers. Plus, always depends on my lie for the character first and foremost. Ringo will be a 'wait and see' for sure though.

However he is my second fave character from the film and my dad would love it!

Back