Rainman Artwork 2013 Pulp Fiction Project 2- Jules the Shepard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to find me some extra Agent J feet now! Once I do, I'll be sending them your way Robbie...a million thanks again brother!

Thinking I'll need to send you a whole body, as well. . .

DSC_00022_zps386e2661.jpg

DSC_0003_zpsa0fa44f6.jpg

Ike, this isn’t meant to fight with you but I think that you need to see other people's perspective. Very few here are looking to build the figures up and use RM's painted heads. For those who like to do that and that's part of the hobby for them then that's great. But please understand that there is another group of collectors here that are in for full sets for a reason. That group anxiously waits for the next release, as we are all anxiously waiting for the first WIPs of Bickle.

Try to consider that the full set folks are in it for all the minute accurate details that you can only get with a high end custom set. Not only are we anxiously waiting on an offering of a character that is meaningful to us but most times it's a character that is not widely accessible elsewhere, has never been done before, or may never be done again. Naturally those people are going to have higher expectations then the guys who are looking to DIY with unpainted/painted heads.

You’re talking about two different types of collectors with different focuses and different needs. So consider that there are people who are looking for something different than you instead of thinking that folks shouldn't have high expectations. The "buy or don't buy" pill is much tougher to swallow for the picker collectors than it is for the guy who has a slew of head sculpt options out there and whatever satisfies them in parts from eBay.

I do see both sides, perhaps more than most for I
have means to be both types of the collectors you listed.

But I've also delt with artists and their families all my life, so I was
trying to give some insight.

I think both types can benefit from a middle-man. I really think
both types went off too soon and too hard. As you can see,
many have recanted their previous statements. But the damage is
already done and everyone suffered for it with the release
having parts not up to the RM quality we know and love. Again it's on RM and
it's on us. So lets control whats on our end better.

Im not saying input is bad, I'm just saying it
needs to be filtered sometimes and translated to make sure
it's effective without being overally offensive.

We have several hurdles: Artist/human Pride, Customer needs
and a Language barrier. If not handled correctly, it can lead to misunderstandings
& ultimately a disaster. No one wants that.

Surely that's understandable.

Do you really want a repeat on the Bickle figure?
Does anyone?

Of course not.

That's all Im saying.

Now I'm going to work on my Vince & Jules "Mmmm! Goddamn, Jimmie! This is some serious gourmet chit" figures/coffee dio.

:)

No work mañana = More quality time with Jules! :rock

That pinky ring! :thud:

null_zps02957060.jpg

Couldn't be happier mo'fvcka!

null_zps3efcab4d.jpg

Question for those using the EB MIB body...

Mine has shoulder joints that are so tight they can barely move. I removed the arms and shoulder joint (screws and all) and used the heat treatment but even so, once cooled down, they return to their original tightness...

at a loss atm...any tips?

What body is Jules on Pop?

That's the EB MIB that it came on. I feel it's MUCH better suited for the dork clothes than the suit

I much prefer Aeon's eyes looking forward. I can't quite understand the direction Rainman took with the eyes. I think the eyes really hurt the likeness. He looks much better with eyes straight forward.

IDK it has its ups and downs. I think it gives him a little character and sorta that evil squinty look of his, but since they're facing upwards he kinda bird watching. I think it looks ok but since it's a sculpted neck (no articulation) it's hard to pose him like he's looking at his target while aiming the gun

Which bodies are folks using for the swaps, and how easy is it to transplant? I have a TT knockoff that I'd planned to use with the H+C. I wonder if I should give that a shot.

That KO should work fine.

I followed suit with Comm's find. That TTM01 or identical is a great choice. The slightly wider shoulders really do the trick for this suit. I was unsure in some of the pics that were posted but when I put it to the test, it looks great in hand

That KO should work fine.

I followed suit with Comm's find. That TTM01 or identical is a great choice. The slightly wider shoulders really do the trick for this suit. I was unsure in some of the pics that were posted but when I put it to the test, it looks great in hand

Thanks for the info PCK. Set hasn't arrived yet, but I have a body standing by. Also picking up a spare unpainted head for the dork bash.

I do see both sides, perhaps more than most for I
have means to be both types of the collectors you listed.

But I've also delt with artists and their families all my life, so I was
trying to give some insight.

I think both types can benefit from a middle-man. I really think
both types went off too soon and too hard. As you can see,
many have recanted their previous statements. But the damage is
already done and everyone suffered for it with the release
having parts not up to the RM quality we know and love. Again it's on RM and
it's on us. So lets control whats on our end better.

Im not saying input is bad, I'm just saying it
needs to be filtered sometimes and translated to make sure
it's effective without being overally offensive.

We have several hurdles: Artist/human Pride, Customer needs
and a Language barrier. If not handled correctly, it can lead to misunderstandings
& ultimately a disaster. No one wants that.

Surely that's understandable.

Do you really want a repeat on the Bickle figure?
Does anyone?

Of course not.

That's all Im saying.

Now I'm going to work on my Vince & Jules "Mmmm! Goddamn, Jimmie! This is some serious gourmet chit" figures/coffee dio.

:)

I hear ya bud. And no, no one, not us or Rainaman want to see a repeat of how this exploded.

Yes people went hard but I'm not so sure that they "spoke too soon". Whatever rubbed people the wrong way or gave folks a bad taste happened and hasn't changed since. There's no reason to beat those issues any longer but they didn't disappear.

The good news is the smoke cleared and people can start to appreciate the positive aspects of these sets. I'm glad the mode is changing and everyone is starting to enjoy these guys.

I have to say that the EB body was a tremendous surprise for me and a total game changer. I knew that Vince's dork look was difficult build but I thought Jules' was near impossible. The way it works with the D.C. is a big time shocker. I searched high and low for AA bodies that would've been suitable for Jules' physique in the D.C. and there was nothing. There's not a single body out there that can do the job better. Maybe the real pros could mod and Frankenstein the hell out of some stuff, but there are no other one stop shop jobs like this. Definitely a refreshing miracle.

Let’s not forget that we had Mr. Robbie to the rescue step in and up the stock on these sets too. That's also a feel good game changer

A bit off topic. What do you guys think of making Mia based on a headsculpt of the Bride by iminime, I mean what if to ask Denny to make something they did with Cleric Preston? What are your's opinion, or do you think Rainman will consider her as a possibility in future?

Last edited:
The smoke has cleared and the PF release has gotten better and better.

With the light-up suitcase and Sandals/Dork Clothes I am more giddy now than when I first saw the announcement that Rainman was going to do PF.

A bit off topic. What do you guys think of making Mia based on a headsculpt of the Bride by iminime, I mean what if to as Denny to make something they did with Cleric Preston? What are your's opinion, or do you think Rainman will consider her as a possibility in future?

He said that he would do JRS Vincent & Mia. I'm not sure where that stands now but the popular belief is that they're probably axed because of the way these two played out. I think that's a bit of a silly mentality if that's true. Just because things got rocky here doesn't mean that it'll happen with them because they're from the same movie :dunno. He's going to continue to do figures, right? So why should they be different than anything else.

When this started getting off the ground I was hoping to put together a PF line up similar to Mad Butcher's Fight Club collection. I hope the date night disaster duo is still happening

EDIT: Iminime looks like they're nailing a good Uma likeness but I think what Mia is as a full fig is a better job for Rainman.

Paji how do you take such awesome pics and just in front of your PC ?

Thanks man! :lol believe it or not it's just a Magnifier Task Lamp with white light, my iPhone, and Instagram Filters....been saving for a SLR Camera...but every time I get close, I spend it on another figure :slap :rotfl

Back