RAIDERS Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've watched Raiders a few times recently, and the number of continuity and story logic errors are really quite astounding...it's kind of funny the things that film makers can get away with when you get caught up in the story...it's only when you know the story so well you start wondering things like "why is the chain the headpiece is on around her neck from one angle, and then off her neck from another?"

Another deleted scene. German U-Boats sailed by skimming just underneath the water. He used his whip to tie himself on top of the ship and rode the way there.

Nope. U boats travelled on the surface almost exclusively unless making submergerd torpedo attacks or evading enemy ships/aircraft. Travelling submerged used up the batteries so fast they couldn't get very far at a decent speed. Schnorkels (which would allow them to run their deisel engines underwater) didn't come into service until later, I think sometime after 1943 or so. And even if they did travel submerged, they wouldn't leave the periscope up because it would make too much of a wake, so there would be nothing to tie himself to.

And of course when they were on the surface, there would be people present at all times, conning officer, lookouts, etc. so the whole U-boat thing has always bothered me as being way too implausible.

Maybe a wizard did it?

They caught a ride with an expedition that was in search of a BIG gorilla on the island. They all sailed back to New York city with the Giant Gorilla and the Ark.

That's the word on the street.......

Last edited:
Back