RAH Boba Fett at Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you gonna preorder RAH fett?

• Yes

Votes: 64 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 80 48.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 20 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
KitFisto said:
I am probably going to try to get this. Since SS is selling it I don't think we will see a 1/6 Fett from them for a long time.

Already marked it on my calender. I figure it will be at least a year before SS's is announced.

Darth Loki said:
Already marked it on my calender. I figure it will be at least a year before SS's is announced.

Yep, I put it on my calendar too LOL. I honestly wonder if SS will ever make one now. Just yesterday I said they would for sure, but with SS pimping the Medicom I am seriously starting to wonder. I still suspect they will, but like you I suspect it's at least a year away if not longer.

One question. I have never bought or seen a medicom figure. How much shorter will he be than the SS figures? Will he be around Luke or Mauls height or even shorter?

I think that the price is a little too rich for my blood, but it does look good. I might get it, my only concern is when will it ship? If it's a few months I might have enough time to save up for it.

I'm thinking that the fact Sideshow is selling Medicom smells like a merger or a buy out to me. Perhaps Medicom will be bought out by SST and this Boba Fett IS/WILL BE the SST Fett! Just a thought...Perhaps the SST/Medicom division will continue to concentrate on the armoured figures while SST works on the others. If my guess is right, the products will only get better. Why else would SST pit the 12" Boba Fett against their PF Boba Fett?

This is a given, as it will be added to my shrine:

ss4jd5.jpg

KitFisto said:
One question. I have never bought or seen a medicom figure. How much shorter will he be than the SS figures? Will he be around Luke or Mauls height or even shorter?

Medicom's figures are usually around 11.8 inches as opposed to 12 but the proportions are generally a whole lot better,none of the monkey arm or bobble head BS that you see with many SS figures. The quality of the RAH base body and the tailoring of the outfits are also of a much higher standard than SS current 1/6 product which may go some way to explaining the higher price (that and the fact they are imports). Boba Fett wasn't the tallest character so I should think the Medicom figure should look OK next to SS Maul and Luke.

bcm77 said:
Medicom's figures are usually around 11.8 inches as opposed to 12 but the proportions are generally a whole lot better,none of the monkey arm or bobble head BS that you see with many SS figures. The quality of the RAH base body and the tailoring of the outfits are also of a much higher standard than SS current 1/6 product which may go some way to explaining the higher price (that and the fact they are imports). Boba Fett wasn't the tallest character so I should think the Medicom figure should look OK next to SS Maul and Luke.

Thanks for the info! He will look great with my Jabba set up then:D

KitFisto said:
Thanks for the info! He will look great with my Jabba set up then:D

It's not just height though, the whole figure is of slighter proportion than Sideshow. It will obviously be from a different line, I think.

I'm on the fence but I'm leaning over almost enough to fall off entirely. He would look reeaaallly cool next to Vader....

Customikey said:
It's not just height though, the whole figure is of slighter proportion than Sideshow. It will obviously be from a different line, I think.

I'm on the fence but I'm leaning over almost enough to fall off entirely. He would look reeaaallly cool next to Vader....

He will still look better than NO Boba Fett though LOL. I just have this weird feeling SS may not produce a 1/6 Fett for long time.

KitFisto said:
He will still look better than NO Boba Fett though LOL. I just have this weird feeling SS may not produce a 1/6 Fett for long time.

But they WILL produce him. You can't get the Star Wars license if you aren't going to make Vader, Boba, Stormies, etc. There's just no good reason. I do not think SSC is shying away from armored figures, but they require ALOT more R&D. Think about it. They pride themselves on doing well-tailored costumes, and figures like Fett require that the body, suit, and armor all fit snugly and look good. You wait. We're going to see some amazing SSC armored figs. I'll bet we'll even see one this year.

Customikey said:
But they WILL produce him. You can't get the Star Wars license if you aren't going to make Vader, Boba, Stormies, etc. There's just no good reason. I do not think SSC is shying away from armored figures, but they require ALOT more R&D. Think about it. They pride themselves on doing well-tailored costumes, and figures like Fett require that the body, suit, and armor all fit snugly and look good. You wait. We're going to see some amazing SSC armored figs. I'll bet we'll even see one this year.

I don't know. I think this year is toon soon for them after putting out the PF and then pimping the Medi 1/6. I don't think they would be offering the Medi 1/6 if they had plans to release their own in the same year.

If they do release one I will most likely buy it, but I don't want to wait a year or two before I can put a Fett with my Jabba display.

Just because they announce one this year, doesn't mean it'll ship this year. Most SW 12" have about a 6 month order to ship gap. I have a strong feeling armored characters will be 9-12 months.

KitFisto said:
If they do release one I will most likely buy it, but I don't want to wait a year or two before I can put a Fett with my Jabba display.

I know what you mean...

p1130025ww7.jpg

Customikey said:
I know what you mean...

I can't wait for two repainted Gammy's as well :rock

I am also on the prowl for the Hasbro Han in carbonite block.

Newsletter said:
(Please note: This figure is manufactured by Medicom Toy Corporation, thus it is not a part of Sideshow's 'Scum and Villainy' category and will be released in a slightly different scale than our own 12-inch figures.)

This to me implies that they are releasing their own Boba Fett and sooner than we think. I don't remember this notice on the Clone orders.....They definitely are reassuring collectors that it'll be different....

It looks great but I'm sure it'll be too expensive to buy, I'll just patiently wait for SSC's version. Besides I also agree that they will be releasing a Jango Fett before a Boba as well...

It says they same thing with the clone.(it's just so stupid ppl don't get upset when they buy one and it's different than SS's)

Ah...didn't see that there...either way I think its a safe bet that SSC won't pass on a high ticket money maker like Boba...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back