RAH Boba Fett at Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you gonna preorder RAH fett?

• Yes

Votes: 64 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 80 48.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 20 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of people are going to,lol this could be medicom's first big PPO day at SS.(wonder how many SS is getting)

This is one sweet figure!
The paint apps look astonishingly good, the suit looks great, ahhhhh... I can feel the medi love!
Seriously, this is one of the best looking 1/6 figures ever.

EVILFACE said:
I have registered a name, but there is just too much hate toward SS there. I'd be busy all day long lol :lol

I disagree Evil, there's no unnecessary hate towards SS on our board. people are openminded there, if something could be improved then it's stated no mater if it's SS, Medi, Takara, or HT. It's probably the most unbiased group of people that Ive ever seen.

While this Medicom figure looks pretty sharp (the glimpse of the armor and the flight suit's tailoring shows it's pretty well-done) and it’s nice SS is offering it, it really DOES beg the question if SS is going to offer any “armor”-type characters in the foreseeable future (within this year)…it just seems odd that we have a RAH ROTS clone on the way and now a RAH Fett…2 characters I was really looking forward to seeing Sideshow’s unique take on sometime soon.

Any official word or comment Sideshow? Are armored SW characters on the way from your artists? Or are you just choosing to sell & distribute another company’s figures of these much-sought-after characters and not producing you own? Maybe we'll hear something during the Toy Fair coverage regarding this...I'll remain hopeful.

Many of us would like to know…the RAHs are expensive..I know Sideshow’s armored figures probably will be too , but if the quality is as superb as the other SW figures you’ve produced, that’s OK….just give us some sign that we’re not waiting in vain for Stormies, Clones and Bounty Hunters from the Sideshow studios…

nash said:
I disagree Evil, there's no unnecessary hate towards SS on our board. people are openminded there, if something could be improved then it's stated no mater if it's SS, Medi, Takara, or HT. It's probably the most unbiased group of people that Ive ever seen.

Never been to the site before till now. Reading a few posts but so far the majority are talking about how this sucks about SS figs or that sucks about SS figs. Sure there's the this is good post but either it's lined with well this still needs fixing (not that some tweaking wouldn't hurt) or someone follows up with well it isn't that hot. I'm going to venture into the other sections just to look but so far I would say that there is no way this is an unbiased group. Obviously Medicom is the #1 there which is cool. It's a site for fans of their stuff (predominetly) but the theme of a lot of posts is that SS is the worst of the 1/6th makers. It appears that board is very much anti-SS or SS nice for folks who like lower quality high end stuff.

I also see that I've been mentioned over there that I would attack people or that when you're here it's not a democratic place. That's BS.

Now, don't get me wrong there's folks here who will go out and say Medicom sucks. I won't be one. They make a nice product and I buy from them. I even defend the scale issue as you probably have seen in the Boba Fett thread to name one.

It's a beaten dead horse that sideshow needs to improve on their base bodies. and the lackluster comparisons for some of the proto to production is what people normally don't like.

I dont see people bashing for no apparant reason.

I think Takara does some of the best figures around and their batman figure owns the medicom one. Credit is given when due, sorry you don't like people's opinions, but it's true imo that sideshow needs to improve some things as well as everyone else.

and it is my opinion that when compared to hot toys or takara sideshow is sometimes the lesser. but that doesnt mean that i dont enjoy their products, i just see room for improvement in certain areas.

as for hot toys, I just got a hot toys F-14 aviator figure, and let me tell you, it sucks. I was totally unimpressed with how poorly made things on the costume and accessories were, im in the process of returning this for a refund from Toys2 which is a total let down because I was totally stoked to get this, but it just is not a quality figure.

Just because myself or others don't see SS as the #1 1/6th figure company Josh, doesn't mean we are "anti-SS". Get over it superfan.

I definitely think SSC will produce one.

SSC will have extremely limited quantities of the RAH Boba Fett. I would be VERY surprised if their Boba Fett was not an Inclusive edition. SSC does look after the fans and I'd suspect there will be a lot of disappointed collecters when the PPO is done. That said I definitely wouldn't expect to see one until the RAH version has shipped and the 30 day cancellation period has expired. I would probably expect him maybe SDCC 2008.

nash said:
It's a beaten dead horse that sideshow needs to improve on their base bodies. and the lackluster comparisons for some of the proto to production is what people normally don't like.

They need to tweak it but I don't think it needs a complete overhaul. It accomplishes the poses I want and from what I can see most poses people want from the movies. I do agree as I said some tweaking could be used. As far as proto to production sure we'd love them to match exactly. There's always gonna be changes though because of many variables.

nash said:
I dont see people bashing for no apparant reason.

I didn't say they where bashing for no reason. They have reasons valid ones because it's their opinion. However, to say it's an unbiased board is not true either. None of these fan boards are unbiased because well have those with us to start.

nash said:
Credit is given when due, sorry you don't like people's opinions, but it's true imo that sideshow needs to improve some things as well as everyone else.

It has nothing to do with liking. I just don't agree and think some of it might be a tad much but that's my opinion. Nothing more nothing less.

nash said:
and it is my opinion that when compared to hot toys or takara sideshow is sometimes the lesser. but that doesnt mean that i dont enjoy their products, i just see room for improvement in certain areas.

I don't have a problem with people not thinking SS is great or whatever. I really don't despite what some may think. I think SS can improve as well. I want them too do that because I want them to IMO stay #1.

nash said:
Just because myself or others don't see SS as the #1 1/6th figure company Josh, doesn't mean we are "anti-SS". Get over it superfan.

See now this is where it gets personal Nash with the "Get over it superfan" comment. :rolleyes: You're taking a shot at me which is not cool. My post was nothing nasty and outlined my opinion. I don't think just because people don't think SS is #1 makes them anti-SS that's another misnomer folks have about me. I read several threads every post and read very few postitive things said about SS. Anti-SS is probably too strong but open minded about SS is too strong as well IMO.

Definition for anti

a person who is opposed to a particular practice, party, policy, action, etc.

Now, that being said. I'm fine with people being that way there. It's their right, their board, a board for a company they feel is the best. So I say go get'em! Just don't go saying their open minded about SS or their unbiased because that's not true either. Their opinion is very valid as I said at the start of this post and I do not degrate their opinion in anyway. That wasn't the point of my last post or this post. Just that as much as some medicom folks may feel this place is anti-medicom that place is the same with SS. Which shouldn't happen at either place IMO because they both make a damn nice product!!

So are we done with this? Because every freaking time a Medi drops, this happens. It's lame as hell. And with this and the Spideys it's all up our butts. I'm gonna say what I dis-like about any company on any board, so long as I can say what I DO like as well. Who cares? All you (you being no one in particular) have to do is say, "I agree/disagree but that's my opinion" blah blah blah.

I'll turn this car around dammit!

SEBASTIAN SHAW WILL KILL ALL WHO HATE ON MY TWO FAVORITE TOY COMPANIES!!!!

Now...GO.....leave me.

p1190013yo3.jpg

PosterBoyKelly said:
So are we done with this? Because every freaking time a Medi drops, this happens. It's lame as hell. And with this and the Spideys it's all up our butts. I'm gonna say what I dis-like about any company on any board, so long as I can say what I DO like as well. Who cares? All you (you being no one in particular) have to do is say, "I agree/disagree but that's my opinion" blah blah blah.

I'll turn this car around dammit!

Yeah it does even on a saturday i gotta listen to this ****.This figure is gonna stomp some **** end of story.

jlcmsu said:
They need to tweak it but I don't think it needs a complete overhaul. It accomplishes the poses I want and from what I can see most poses people want from the movies. I do agree as I said some tweaking could be used. As far as proto to production sure we'd love them to match exactly. There's always gonna be changes though because of many variables.
Well that’s your opinion like you said,… so just because people don’t agree with your opinion doesn’t mean you label them as anti-ss or unbiased.
<o></o>
You shouldn’t be allowed to even compare bias, you’re the most biased person of Sideshow that I’ve ever seen.
<o></o>
jlcmsu said:
I didn't say they where bashing for no reason. They have reasons valid ones because it's their opinion. However, to say it's an unbiased board is not true either. None of these fan boards are unbiased because well have those with us to start.
<o></o>
Ive been posting there for over 6 months now, you’ve been there for one day. I really feel you’re trying to pull poo out of your ass just because majority doesn’t see sideshow as the #1 company.
<o></o>
All of the complaints towards sideshow there are the same freakin ones that are on this site as well. So what’s your point? Even freaks throw negative comments about SS, just look at the damn new legolas thread.

Is your opinion martial law or something? Who are you to tell me what is true and what is not?
<o></o>
jlcmsu said:
See now this is where it gets personal Nash with the "Get over it superfan" comment. <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/> </v:shapetype><v:shape id="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:12pt; height:12pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Chad\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.gif" o:href="https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]-->:rolleyes:<!--[endif]-->You're taking a shot at me which is not cool. My post was nothing nasty and outlined my opinion. I don't think just because people don't think SS is #1 makes them anti-SS that's another misnomer folks have about me. I read several threads every post and read very few postitive things said about SS. Anti-SS is probably too strong but open minded about SS is too strong as well IMO.
<o>

</o> That was getting personal? You should know me by now, I can get way more personal than that. I didn’t think you took offense to the term superfan, I thought you liked it.
<o></o>
Well, like loki said, your words really don’t mean much to me anymore, I don’t even know why im replying to you. You like to push the fact that everything you say is “your opinion”, yet you call people anti-ss just because they state their opinions that something needs improving. So I can’t say that Anakin’s lips suck without being anti sideshow?
<o></o>
I think you just need to get laid and everything will be cool with you.
<o></o>
jlcmsu said:
Just don't go saying their open minded about SS or their unbiased because that's not true either.
<o></o>
sorry but unless at SDCC you’re going to physically make me do it, my opinion stands. I still say there are a lot of unbiased people. Want to know why? Because majority have come from all different places, OSW, MWD, RS, RPF, SSF, SF, etc.

nash said:
Well that’s your opinion like you said,… so just because people don’t agree with your opinion doesn’t mean you label them as anti-ss or unbiased.

I didn't say that this made them. I was simply judging by t the lot of the opinions made in that place overall.

nash said:
You shouldn’t be allowed to even compare bias, you’re the most biased person of Sideshow that I’ve ever seen.

So because I like SS and IMO they're #1 that makes me ineligible to give my opinion about other companies or fans of those companies? It doesn't work that way because there would be several Medicom people that would be in the same boat.

nash said:
Ive been posting there for over 6 months now, you’ve been there for one day. I really feel you’re trying to pull poo out of your ass just because majority doesn’t see sideshow as the #1 company.

Big deal you've been there for 6 months. I read at least half the threads in the SS section post for post. So I think I got a pretty darn good idea of the general attitude towards SS. Again, I don't have ANY problem with them not seeing SS as the #1 company. None what so ever but please don't come here saying how that that board is unbiased towards SS, because Nash that's pulling something out your ass. Though you'll never admit it.

nash said:
All of the complaints towards sideshow there are the same freakin ones that are on this site as well. So what’s your point? Even freaks throw negative comments about SS, just look at the damn new legolas thread.

Well, some of them are but they're made by members of that board, but there are plenty of comments saying how SS doesn't make a quality product. Some of them made here by Freaks themselves are in that the body type could be tweaked and of course we have some Freaks that flip and go excessive. Go look at the Legolas Thread I said myself that I wasn't happy with how Legolas came out.

nash said:
Is your opinion martial law or something? Who are you to tell me what is true and what is not?

Back at ya bub. You're (and some others) posts towards me are always that I should just shut up because I think SS is #1. Last I checked this is a SSF board is it not? Oh yeah! It is! Anyways, I'm not telling you what's true just my opinion on the truth I see. Everyone's truth is different in life. My stance is that that board is not unbiased towards SS and I think most anyone that ventures there will feel the same.

nash said:
That was getting personal? You should know me by now, I can get way more personal than that. I didn’t think you took offense to the term superfan, I thought you liked it.

Yeah, it was. You are trying to take a peaceful discussion and through a term that to me is positive in a negative manner at me. I know you can but is that really something to brag about? I don't take offense to the term superfan but when someone says it the way you did it's meant as an insult.

nash said:
Well, like loki said, your words really don’t mean much to me anymore, I don’t even know why im replying to you. You like to push the fact that everything you say is “your opinion”, yet you call people anti-ss just because they state their opinions that something needs improving. So I can’t say that Anakin’s lips suck without being anti sideshow?

That's fine. As I said to him put me on ignore if you feel that way. I've discussed with him in PM what I meant and I think we see eye 2 eye. Everything, I say is my opinion nothing more nothing less. It's you and others who take it for more than what it is.

Now you're taking what I say and turning it so it can make your argument look better. I've never said you can't say you don't like a product, think it needs to be fixed, etc. and that makes you anti-SS. Never once have I said that. Being Anti-anything comes really over time or in the case of that board virturally ever post talking about how cheap SS stuff is overall.

nash said:
I think you just need to get laid and everything will be cool with you.

This has to with what exactly? How do you know I haven't. How do you know anything about me and the subject? You don't and this again is nothing more than your way to turn a civil discussion into a personal slap. Nice one!

nash said:
sorry but unless at SDCC you’re going to physically make me do it, my opinion stands. I still say there are a lot of unbiased people. Want to know why? Because majority have come from all different places, OSW, MWD, RS, RPF, SSF, SF, etc.

I wouldn't even bother with you at SDCC. I'm there to meet my Fellow Freaks, SS, and see all the cool ****. I wouldn't waste my time mucking up my trip with you. You're not worth the trouble. If you feel that board is unbiased towards SS please pass what your smokin cause it must be some good ****.

In the end I really don't care cause I'm not gonna be posting there. I don't collect enough Medicom to wanna join. So go have you're party there and be a happy little camper. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back