Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys,
thank you for being active on this thread.

At beginning of the year, we planed to release at this 6 figures in 2014. So far we have Gandalf and Guritz in production. And you have seen Eowyn and Arragorn in making. So we are now in a good pace to meet our goal.

There are still characters we didn't plan, but was selected by our artists and going under developing. So hopefully we will get to see some surprise along the way too.

Mouth of Sauron should be good this year, it will be a limited numbered boxed figure comes with a horse.

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated!

Can you disclose will you be making Aragorn Straider or Aragorn King version?

Hey Asmuss, what's the likelyhood of you ditching rooted hair on Eowyn?
Or at the very least, offering two heads. one with sculpted, and one with Rooted, so you please everyone?

Hi guys,
thank you for being active on this thread.

At beginning of the year, we planed to release at this 6 figures in 2014. So far we have Gandalf and Guritz in production. And you have seen Eowyn and Arragorn in making. So we are now in a good pace to meet our goal.

There are still characters we didn't plan, but was selected by our artists and going under developing. So hopefully we will get to see some surprise along the way too.

Mouth of Sauron should be good this year, it will be a limited numbered boxed figure comes with a horse.

Thank you for answering.

So far, looks like 2014 will consist of:
Guritz
Gandalf
Aragorn
Eowyn
Mouth of Sauron

Not a bad year at all.

I also really hope that Saruman is #6 for 2014.

Don't forget Gothmog. He may have been intended for 2013, but I'd say Moggy counts as a 2014 release. So does that mean they're aiming for seven?

A Saruman would be tremendous. Possibly my most wanted figure in the line. But with GtW coming in the next couple of months, they may want a little more space between their White Wizards.

I have a couple of questions, Asmus (that I hope you're kind enough to address):

1) How are you planning to address characters wearing chain mail? Other companies (ACI and Kaustic Plastic) have done real metal 1/6 scale chain mail, but while that would be amazing, I bet it would be pretty expensive. Are you thinking perhaps of a sculpted rubbery material or maybe a loose-weave fabric?

2) Which version of Aragorn are you planning? Would you consider including additional clothing elements for different looks? (For instance, if you're planning a Strider version, would you consider adding a red tunic and chain mail for a Helm's Deep version?)

3) You showed a picture a while back of a horse sculpt, one with articulation in the legs and another without. Would you mind sharing your plans about how you plan to do the horses? (I'm not sure how other collectors feel, but I personally would prefer head and neck articulation, but no leg articulation.)

Thank you so much for popping in and engaging with us! It makes a world of difference to me as a collector.

Hi again,

Thank you for the questions...

We don't have exact answers to Aragorn at this stage, we are sculpting the head, making the clothing samples.
so little details are just not yet decided.

We are making the ranger version. This is one thing we are sure at moment.
And hopefully we can put in a chain-mill suit for exchange into Helms Deep look.

aragorn-lord-of-the-rings-lotr-warrior-Favim.com-316879.jpg

Unfortunately it is not possible to mass produce a real chain mill, Kaustik Plasik showed us their products, but it is just way too expensive...
so it is a feature we just have to let go... It would be amazing if we can use real chain mill suit, but there is always concern for the cost/sell.

The horse is now in development, just some this and that we are not entirely happy with. But it will be a FULL articulated horse, and sold separately, so for characters like Theodon and Emoer, we can use their riders' gear as accessory, so you can buy the horse and buy the figure to put together a rider set.

This line is sounding better and better. I like the Strider look for Aragorn, but really want to see the Return of the King version down the road. The would look fantastic on his armored horse.

I think the Ranger/Strider/Helm's Deep Aragorn is the definitive version of the character. I love the idea of snagging a chain-mail suit for an aftermarket so we can make him Helm's Deep. With the concept of purchasing a horse to go with him...this would be a very cool line-up!

Hey Asmuss, what's the likelyhood of you ditching rooted hair on Eowyn?
Or at the very least, offering two heads. one with sculpted, and one with Rooted, so you please everyone?

Rooted hair can work fine - look at Avengers Widow. As long as they avoid the BCS Amy problems, it should look okay.

Thank you for answering.

So far, looks like 2014 will consist of:
Guritz
Gandalf
Aragorn
Eowyn
Mouth of Sauron

Not a bad year at all.

I also really hope that Saruman is #6 for 2014.

You mean Gimli - right?

I hope so. But considering we only have one figure out of the gate -- and who knows what happened to Gothmog -- I'd say it seems more likely that we can expect 4 figures a year at best. First quarter is half over already. So the list above plus Gimli is ambitious to say the least.

I always want more, but I'd be happy with 4 figures this year... any of those mentioned work. I only hope they solve the body problems.

Rooted hair can work fine - look at Avengers Widow. As long as they avoid the BCS Amy problems, it should look okay.

You mean Gimli - right?

Hot toys Black widow? Do you mean the Weird Carot Top figures they made for iron man 2, and Avengers?

Teasing aside, Avengers widow is ok, but that's mostly becuase the hair is shrot and has so much product in it it might as well be sculpted anyways.

Eowyn has longer hair, and it'll end up a hot mess in production, much like Iron man widow, or the BCS Pond figure.

So far, The sideshow Baroness figures is my favorite figure with long hair. Sculpted, but layered and soft/plyable as to not hinder articulation.

Judging by the pictures, Hot Toys is using a pretty convincing fabric for the chain mail elements of their new Kerberos Panzer Jaeger Figure. Assuming it's not hugely expensive, I'd love to see that kind of approach used for the chain mail elements on the LOTR figures.

As for hair ... I'd prefer sculpted, but I'm certainly open to having my mind changed if the rooted hair looks good out of the box!

Very excited to see where this line goes ... :panic:

happy to get an aragorn (i wasnt around for the SS line) but even though the ranger look is his iconic look i would have preferred his coronation outfit just because his king armor is cooler

happy to get an aragorn (i wasnt around for the SS line) but even though the ranger look is his iconic look i would have preferred his coronation outfit just because his king armor is cooler

The only solution to that is, of course, to produce both versions eventually! :lecture

To ASMUS: any plans to do Shadowfax to accompany Gandalf the White? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Asmus,

Have you decided whether to use sculpted hair or rooted hair for the horse manes and tails?

Rooted could look really cool.

Last edited:
For the horse...

We are going for a full articulatoin for sure,
we are working on the joints, adding gears to them, so it will last longer, and support the weight to stand better.

As for hairs and tail, we are going for root hair~
there are still some more few features we are working on the horse at moment, they will make the horses look really cool~

Yes to Shadofax, yes to Brego, (so white horse, and brown horse) and we will sell the horses individually as we previously mentioned, and the plans hasn't change.

Only the Nazgul horse may not sold separately as a black horse, only sold with Ringwraith or as Nazgul Stead.

Thank you for your answers.

Any timetable for pictures of the ringwraith

Back