Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eowyn looks good despite the rooted hair. I'm not a big fan of the Barbie doll look but still its nice to see someone is finally giving her some attention.

I like superdoug's idea of providing two heads - one with rooted hair and one sculpted. Asmus should consider it.

Eowyn looks good despite the rooted hair. I'm not a big fan of the Barbie doll look but still its nice to see someone is finally giving her some attention.

I like superdoug's idea of providing two heads - one with rooted hair and one sculpted. Asmus should consider it.
I could be wrong but I don't think the image in the Eowyn thread is the figure. I think it's just a picture of the actress?

I just picked up some quick questions to answer~

1. Eomer is a must, but not this year...
2. If we do manage to get through all the characters in our mind, we will then try go back with some SS characters too.
3. Aragon is not going to be ready for a while... sorry... its like 70% ready. It has to be the best figure we ever did, so we take extra care with it. Hopefully when we feel its ready, we will load up and so a servey to avoid accident~

Awesome! Great answers hopefully if Eowny is in the works and Eomer is a must then Theoden can't be far behind!

While I am really looking forward to seeing the new Aragorn, I 100% agree with taking your time with him. From what I have seen from Sideshow, WETA and even Toy Biz he seems to be a hard likeness to capture. Also if he is done well I can see a lot of people picking him up that passed on some of the other figures.

We did notice the difference of body shape between hobbits and dwarfs.

Dwarfs are stronger, some of the ones in the Hobbits are even quite tall. Unlike hobbits, are smaller like kids.

Unfortunately we have no budget to make our own female body, we will look for a good brand to work with. But... yeah, buying other brands body will be a risk like we took for Morgul Lord. We are still suffering for that consequence...

If anyone has good suggested female body selection, please let us know. If there is one most people will be happy with, then we can go and try contact. PS: Not Hot Toys please... lol

I meant that if you developed a Hobbit as suggested you will also need to develop a separate dwarf body that would be taller and beefier for characters like Gimli, but I think that's what you are planning to do. Further if you will be taking on the Hobbit movie in the future, your dwarf body would likely need to be somewhat modular since the dwarfs in that movie very in height and morphology--from a normal frame to muscular to plump.

As for a female body I think the Kumiks are probably the best ones out there other than HT. The proportions are very good and they are sturdy and well made. You should contact them to get a quote.

Good that the threads have been merged. I can see now that an Eowyn is in progress which is great. Hopefully Arwen will not be far behind. Would also like to see a Galadriel down the road.

Hopefully you will redo some of the Sideshow figures. I had Aragorn and Legolas and they were terrible so sold them off. I don't even know how many characters Sideshow eventually made since I lost interest, although I would pick up the their Gandalf the Gray is Asmus doesn't offer.

Last edited:
I just picked up some quick questions to answer~

1. Eomer is a must, but not this year...
2. If we do manage to get through all the characters in our mind, we will then try go back with some SS characters too.
3. Aragon is not going to be ready for a while... sorry... its like 70% ready. It has to be the best figure we ever did, so we take extra care with it. Hopefully when we feel its ready, we will load up and so a servey to avoid accident~

Good to know! The reason I ask is because it would be a big shame if you made a Merri and a Pippen and not Frodo and Sam! The SSC versions sorely need an update! I am glad such care is being taken with Aragorn... it will be well worth it in the end!

Asmus, I respect and understand your opinion on Aragorn. I personally liked how you showed in progress pictures of all your releases so far and hope you continue to do so with Aragorn.

I can see now that an Eowyn is in progress which is great. Hopefully Arwen will not be far behind. Would also like to see a Galadriel down the road.

A 1/6 Eowyn, Arwen and Galadriel would be a dream come true. Bring on the female characters! :yess: (Preferably with sculpted hair though to avoid the Barbie-look...)

Is Mouth of Sauron one of the figures for this year 2014?

Do you have the list of intended figures for 2014 that you can share like you did with the original 2013 list of 5 figures?

The original 5 listed foe last year were:

Witch-King
Gothmog
Aragorn
Gandalf
Gimli

Obviously we know where we're at. I'm not holding them to anything, I'm just curious what the intent is for this year 2014. What they're aiming for. I realize things get pushed, delayed, messed up, whatever during the process.

Hmmmmm. I can see Aragorn and Gimli slipping since they said they want to make sure Aragorn is perfect and Gimli will take a new body. If the Witch-King, Gothmog and Gandalf are not selling quickly enough (hopefully they are) I can see them pushing back Gimli till they have enough funds to do the new body.

Gurtiz was a total surprise and I can easily see the Mouth of Saroun, Saruman and maybe another orc surprise come out before Aragorn, Gimli and Eowyn just because of design devlopment time and costs.

Moria goblins were shorter than fullsize humans so maybe the dwarf or hobbit body can also be used as a base for them. That might help spread the costs and who wouldn't want an army or Moria golbins if they can afford them.

It's nice having a ask Asmus questions thread. Hope we get some responses.:monkey3. If they do develop a new small body I would guess that it would be used for all figures of a small stature. I would like to see them maybe design a body for Gimli and some goblins. I know they may not like the idea but get with 3 Zero and see about using their new Tyrion body for any hobbits they may do.

Can't wait to see any update on Gimli. Saruman tops my LOTR wish list though.

Hi guys,
thank you for being active on this thread.

At beginning of the year, we planed to release at this 6 figures in 2014. So far we have Gandalf and Guritz in production. And you have seen Eowyn and Arragorn in making. So we are now in a good pace to meet our goal.

There are still characters we didn't plan, but was selected by our artists and going under developing. So hopefully we will get to see some surprise along the way too.

Mouth of Sauron should be good this year, it will be a limited numbered boxed figure comes with a horse.

Can't wait to see any update on Gimli. Saruman tops my LOTR wish list though.
Looking forward to any news on Saruman, as well.

...Mouth of Sauron should be good this year, it will be a limited numbered boxed figure comes with a horse.
Wow, that sounds awesome, Asmus. Hope no expense is spared on that as it could be a very coveted set.

Back