Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ok Asmus, what's next?

The NECA Gollum is excellent. Highly recommended. He just needs his hair restyled.

Yeah, it's 1/4 scale. I have him displayed with NECA's 1/4 scale Bilbo, which is also very good. But if you want 1/6 scale I don't know what your options are.

So is it 1/4 scale ? Is there a good 1/6 options? Any of those "talking" ones worth it?

a 1/6 Gollum would be spectacular. I would be weary of the exposed joints however, the NECA version suffers from this significantly. I have him crouched to hide some of it.

I think the NECA's version is about as good as you can get joint wise unless you want to go the rubber route or statue route. If NECA shrunk him down to 1/6 I'd go buy another set in an instant.

I've decided to only have one figure representing LOTR. Right now it's that bootleg Aragorn "The King", but I wouldn't mind an upgrade.

Would be nice if someone could finally get Viggo's likeness right.

I've decided to only have one figure representing LOTR. Right now it's that bootleg Aragorn "The King", but I wouldn't mind an upgrade.

Judging by how the images of Gandalf turned out I believe they have the talent. Now whether or not the released head sculpt looks like that remains to be seen. I was assured that it would so I am cautiously optimistic.

Sideshow's likeness isn't too bad if you can get a good repaint. But a really good retail version would be nice too.

I actually still have Sideshow's entire 1/6 figure line including Aragorn. Mine is a good repaint (GDB), but it still is a weird sculpt. One eye is much higher than the other, and although he is recognizable it doesn't look as much like Viggo as he could.

Shameless plug - if anyone is interested in a figure from Sideshow's LOTR line let me know. I haven't put them in my sale thread yet, but they are all boxed up already.

1040665_700177723336851_1267747671_o.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/AsmusToys

Eowyn would look cool. Not a fan of doll hair though as it never comes out right.

Back