QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have all of them, and I think Scotty looks great!

Really?! I just don't think this looks anything like Scotty... (shrug). And looks much different than the "prototype."

Attachments

• Scotty.jpg
    Scotty.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 153
  • Scotty-prototype.jpg
    Scotty-prototype.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 149
  • Scotty_2.jpg
    Scotty_2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 143
I have Scotty and Sulu, and I think they look great in hand. But the Chekov sculpt is really off the mark, IMO.

I don't think McCoy will see a re-release, he wasn't sold out until recently, I know that because I got him through Sideshow last year. Since he didn't sell out for like 5 years, realistically, you won't see another release of him.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

He wasn’t out for five years. The Kirk and Spock only came out in late 2016. I think McCoy was early 2017, but yeah it took him longer to sell out. I think the reason for that is the fact that Kirk and Spock had sold out and many like myself didn’t want just him.

In my opinion QMX should have always kept Kirk and Spock in stock. I think had they done that they would have sold more of the side characters/pieces since really they’re what many think of when they think TOS.

He wasn?t out for five years. The Kirk and Spock only came out in late 2016. I think McCoy was early 2017, but yeah it took him longer to sell out. I think the reason for that is the fact that Kirk and Spock had sold out and many like myself didn?t want just him.

In my opinion QMX should have always kept Kirk and Spock in stock. I think had they done that they would have sold more of the side characters/pieces since really they?re what many think of when they think TOS.

Yes, I somewhat agree. However, I think the TOS fan from the 60s could not and would not separate the triumvirate of Kirk/Spock/McCoy. The Star Trek essence includes all 3 personalities, at minimum, IMO.

Yes, I somewhat agree. However, I think the TOS fan from the 60s could not and would not separate the triumvirate of Kirk/Spock/McCoy. The Star Trek essence includes all 3 personalities, at minimum, IMO.
True. I just think keeping Kirk and Spock in stock would have made sense. McCoy too though after his initial run sold out.

Thanks! It's really weird but the lighting seems to make a big difference in the likeness for Scotty! The harsher the lighting the better the likeness, the softer or less contrasting the lighting and the likeness seems to diminish considerably! Look at the pics I posted in post #4601 froman Ebay seller... the likeness is just not there. It's crazy! I can't decide if it looks like him or not!

In my experience lighting is always an issue with 1/6 sculpts - the best likeness in the world can be ruined with flat lighting or flash photography. True, he’s softer than the prototype but that’s probably painted resin which you’ll never match 100% on the production figure. He’s good enough for me, though some dry brushing in the creases would probably improve him some more...?

Thanks! It's really weird but the lighting seems to make a big difference in the likeness for Scotty! The harsher the lighting the better the likeness, the softer or less contrasting the lighting and the likeness seems to diminish considerably! Look at the pics I posted in post #4601 froman Ebay seller... the likeness is just not there. It's crazy! I can't decide if it looks like him or not!
This was the deficiency of the paint shop that I used. 2nd Kirk Spock releases have less of this issue.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

If you aren't seeing these figures IN HAND, then you're not seeing them. PERIOD. I've seen some good photos of some of the figures, but so far none truly captures what they look like in hand.

If you skipped Scotty, you're missing out.

Hot Toys, in their best year could not make 6 figures with this likeness level.

I have Scotty and Sulu, and I think they look great in hand. But the Chekov sculpt is really off the mark, IMO.

I don't think McCoy will see a re-release, he wasn't sold out until recently, I know that because I got him through Sideshow last year. Since he didn't sell out for like 5 years, realistically, you won't see another release of him.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I emailed QMX yesterday and asked about the possibility of a re-release of McCoy.
Rocky replied that there are no plans to do so at the moment, but he's forwarding all interest over to the QMX creative team. Now I emailed QMX in February 2019 asking about a re-release of Kirk and Spock.. and at that time they also said there were no plans to do either, but look what happened...!!

If you want a McCoy re-release like I do (which I have to assume would be done with the new superior body type and the printed rank insignia) then email QMX at their contact "help@" address and let them know! Let's get this done!

I emailed QMX yesterday and asked about the possibility of a re-release of McCoy.
Rocky replied that there are no plans to do so at the moment, but he's forwarding all interest over to the QMX creative team. Now I emailed QMX in February 2019 asking about a re-release of Kirk and Spock.. and at that time they also said there were no plans to do either, but look what happened...!!

If you want a McCoy re-release like I do (which I have to assume would be done with the new superior body type and the printed rank insignia) then email QMX at their contact "help@" address and let them know! Let's get this done!

I just e-mailed them and confessed that I was ready to pre-order several McCoy re-issues.

If you aren't seeing these figures IN HAND, then you're not seeing them. PERIOD. I've seen some good photos of some of the figures, but so far none truly captures what they look like in hand.

If you skipped Scotty, you're missing out.

Hot Toys, in their best year could not make 6 figures with this likeness level.

OK, you've pushed me over the fence! I just put in a pre-order at BBTS. Hopefully the orders will be fulfilled eventually and not canceled.

I've seen the actual figure of Scotty from an Ebay seller. It sold a couple of weeks ago: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Quantum-Me...448378?hash=item1a8e69cdfa:g:tu4AAOSwJFVeFwvy. The likeness is nothing like the image on the box or what i assume are pics of the prototype all over the internet! It is not at all a good likeness and as soon as I saw that I canceled my pre-order from BBTS. I communicated with that seller and expressed my dismay at the terrible likeness, and he said that the Sulu figure likewise is not a good likeness. I can't speak to Sulu as I have not seen the actual figure. I don't really want the Sulu figure anyway, but am disappointed in Scotty as I did want that one.

Also, I don't know if any of you have seen the proposed Chekov figure, but it's the worst: https://www.trektoday.com/content/2019/07/qmxs-chekov-action-figure/

I bought him, love him.
Kirk is asking him if QMx will make Chekov and Uhura? Scotty says ?Aye Have another drink Captain?
9432c51949a269c428ee2b6c77072aaa.jpg

Back