QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I emailed QMX yesterday and asked about the possibility of a re-release of McCoy.
Rocky replied that there are no plans to do so at the moment, but he's forwarding all interest over to the QMX creative team. Now I emailed QMX in February 2019 asking about a re-release of Kirk and Spock.. and at that time they also said there were no plans to do either, but look what happened...!!

If you want a McCoy re-release like I do (which I have to assume would be done with the new superior body type and the printed rank insignia) then email QMX at their contact "help@" address and let them know! Let's get this done!
Hmm.. guess I might try the same. Can’t hurt to at least ask.

I'm selling all my figures if anyone is interested?

It sounds like a lot of you are still after Bones & Scotty - I have both and Bones is the Exclusive version with the short-sleeved tunic.

I also have the Exclusive Kirk & Spock 1.0 releases and Kirk's chair.

Drop me a PM...

It sounds like a lot of you are still after Bones & Scotty - I have both and Bones is the Exclusive version with the short-sleeved tunic.

Drop me a PM...

I've left you a message!

Drop me a PM...

Just Kirk & Spock 1.0 Exclusive versions left now...

A day after my query to QMx I got a response: "Thanks for reaching out. At this point in time we are not planning on doing a re-issue of the McCoy figure, however I will forward your email on to our creative team to let them know that there is a desire to see him come back in the future."

My response a day later:

Hi Mike,

I will pass your message along to our creative team to let them know there is a desire to see some re-releases of our figures.

As for future Star Trek 1:6 scale releases, keep checking out social media for the latest updates on new products. We're sure to have more Star Trek stuff down the line.

I just caved in because of you guys and pre-ordered Scotty from BBTS. Can't wait to have one of each shirt color in hand.

Especially now, I would get any of these figures that you can while you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing how bad Chekov is projected to look I will not be getting him--and since I'm not opting for Chekov I will not be wanting Sulu either. I think Kirk/Spock/McCoy and Scotty will do me just fine. Plus Khan at some point if a good deal comes along. If a good Uhura is released I would consider her, but I can't see them getting the LEGS right! Oh, and the Gorn would be very cool!

Seeing how bad Chekov is projected to look I will not be getting him--and since I'm not opting for Chekov I will not be wanting Sulu either. I think Kirk/Spock/McCoy and Scotty will do me just fine. Plus Khan at some point if a good deal comes along. If a good Uhura is released I would consider her, but I can't see them getting the LEGS right! Oh, and the Gorn would be very cool!
If Chekov is even released. There really aren’t any guarantees QMX will continue on. Hopefully but who really knows. Maybe if they get flooded with a bunch of requests they’ll continue, but even that might be a crapshoot.

...I think McCoy was early 2017, but yeah it took him longer to sell out. I think the reason for that is the fact that Kirk and Spock had sold out and many like myself didn’t want just him.

In my opinion QMX should have always kept Kirk and Spock in stock. I think had they done that they would have sold more of the side characters/pieces since really they’re what many think of when they think TOS.

This. I recall now that I was about to press the order button on McCoy but without any definite plans to do a rerelease of Kirk and Spock, I just couldn't do it.

Kirk, Spock and McCoy should be evergreens. If QMX announced a McCoy re-release now, they would sell out of Kirk and Spock in a heartbeat I think.

This. I recall now that I was about to press the order button on McCoy but without any definite plans to do a rerelease of Kirk and Spock, I just couldn't do it.

Kirk, Spock and McCoy should be evergreens. If QMX announced a McCoy re-release now, they would sell out of Kirk and Spock in a heartbeat I think.

Well, it looks like QMx have already sold out of K and S, unless "Out of Stock" (as opposed to "Sold Out") means they intend to restock...

Haha. Qmx can’t even get Sulu or Scotty produced in quantity. Forget new rereleases and new characters. Maybe Molecule 8 can pick up the license? :D

QMX seems like a competent enough company. I mean I’d like having Nanjin back on board for the Star Trek line, but they’ve released a decent amount of figures. Plus they do other non sixth scale collectibles. It’s not like they’re a joke company or frauds like Molecule 8.

Hopefully Nanjin comes back to Qmx...not really sure why he was let go or quit but his impact is very important to get these figures produced. If Qmx proceeds with Trek into other characters who is going to design/prototype them? Nanjin's dedication speaks for itself, so they need not to look any farther...

Well everyone was pushing QMX to rerelease Kirk and Spock for those who missed out before, so that they'll be more inclined to buy the rest of the TOS line. So hopefully that was the real reason behind this and we really will be seeing more figures soon...

Hopefully Nanjin comes back to Qmx...not really sure why he was let go or quit but his impact is very important to get these figures produced. If Qmx proceeds with Trek into other characters who is going to design/prototype them? Nanjin's dedication speaks for itself, so they need not to look any farther...
Nanjin is great with these figures, but sometimes I have to question if he’s so vital that the line just dies with his absence if I’m honest. I mean QMX isn’t just him.

Back