QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to go out on a really steady limb and say the 12" playmates Gorn is the only one we'll see.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I was honestly satisfied to have just Kirk, Spock, Bones, Scotty and Khan (Plus Kirk's chair).

I didn't want to pick up a Sulu if there wasn't going to be a Chekov and Uhura. But if a decent Chekov and Uhura were to be released eventually, I would kick myself for missing out on Sulu, so I ended up ordering from Nanjin.

I wish Nanjin had remained at the helm of the QMX Enterprise. I would have loved to have gotten a green tunic Kirk, "Mirror, Mirror" Kirk, Spock and Uhura, "Wrath of Khan" Kirk, Spock and Khan, and additional "Next Generation" figures, at the very least. :monkey2

I'm going to go out on a really steady limb and say the 12" playmates Gorn is the only one we'll see.

I used to have a Hollywood Collectibles Group (HCG) polystone 1:6 Gorn statue that was amazing! The uniform was actual cloth material and the quality was superb: https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/star-trek-original-series-gorn-16-scale-statue/wc9250. For some dumb reason I sold it years ago. In fact, I used to have all the Trek TOS statues of that line and sold them all. They were all great except that the likeness on all was lacking...except that of the McCoy one which was spot on! I regret having sold them. I even had the 1:4 scale of Kirk with phaser in hand! Sold that, too, like a dummy!

A PVC shell will do
010d2671a235192f19df17f54b392134.jpg
aed7e6662a61fc71c9e63a1ce386baca.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Just spent over and hour reading this thread last night and started getting sellers remorse. Because I had the 1st release set but when prices went north of $300+ a figure I had no problem selling the set, but I have to be honest I really missed having a 1/6 Kirk and Spock.

My original figures.
3d5616542a8717049a1f5a47782f0033.jpg

So after looking at this thread and the seeing the improvements on the 2nd release I went ahead and snagged the set over at BBTS for $350....$175 a figure is a steal! Now I just need to get that Captain?s Chair. [emoji16]

f8743b0ccfdae57514c635a4465a523e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, definitely looks like a toy. I mean it’s not bad if that’s what you collect, but I probably wouldn’t put it with my high end collectibles.

Sort of wish the re-releases of Kirk and Spock included the season one weapon belts. Would be a nice option to display them with.

Really? I just never liked those. I never thought they were representative of the look of the series. I don’t miss them in the least.
Just as an option they’d be nice to have. I actually kind of like how they look going back and watching more TOS again (I just finished The Menagerie Part II last night). Not completely necessary, but sort of an interesting added piece to the uniforms.

Really? I just never liked those. I never thought they were representative of the look of the series. I don?t miss them in the least.
One of the complaints that I received from the Trek uniform geeks was about the belt:

why I used S3 uniforms with S1 utility belt.

I had no intention for the belt because I was focusing on S3. It was a request, and I thought I might do both versions of Green Leisure in the future, then the belt would be good.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Not worried about the Gorn fitting in. I grabbed one for around $20. For that price, I can do a little customizing to him and still get that 60?s nostalgic feel out of him. Because honestly the actual character suit from the 60s wasn?t exactly a special effects masterpiece.

Not worried about the Gorn fitting in. I grabbed one for around $20. For that price, I can do a little customizing to him and still get that 60?s nostalgic feel out of him. Because honestly the actual character suit from the 60s wasn?t exactly a special effects masterpiece.

:exactly:

A goofy 60s dance club outfit on a guy in a cheap rubber body suit and mask, and people are expecting it to look like a real lizard-man...? Seems a bit ridiculous.

Me too. I actually like him and think he's sufficient for my cabinet.

It looks like a plastic toy. Very much so honestly. It?s fine for what it is but would I display it with higher end collectibles? Not ideally.

It looks like a plastic toy. Very much so honestly. It?s fine for what it is but would I display it with higher end collectibles? Not ideally.

Agreed. Next to the QMx figures this toy would look silly in any cabinet, me thinks. On the other hand, picture this: QMx makes the Gorn Cap. with a great plastic head-likeness and then a standard figure body covered with a vinyl or rubber "lizard suit" and cloth tunic just like the actual actor wore! How's THAT for a 'nostalgic 60s feel' for your cabinet?

:exactly:
A goofy 60s dance club outfit on a guy in a cheap rubber body suit and mask, and people are expecting it to look like a real lizard-man...? Seems a bit ridiculous.

Not at all. No one ever said that a TOS Gorn collectible figure is supposed to look like a 'real lizard-man.' Even the real one didn't look like a real lizard-man! C'mon! But for a collector, such as we all are, it shouldn't be a sandbox toy made for a 7-year-old that doesn't even do justice to a 'goofy 60s dance club outfit on a guy in a cheap rubber body suit and mask.' :wink1:

Back