QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll never understand why they didn't do the green wraparound Kirk for the re-release instead.

I'm guessing it was just a lot easier to knock out more copies of the original figure with the existing patterns. Not to mention that the wraparound outfit would have required a different body with a sculped neck, which may not be ready yet.

For everyone who missed out on Kirk and Spock, I just got a pre order announcement from Big Bad Toy Store for both of them as a set or individual with an October 2019 release date. Better go order now.

Edit: just saw that someone already posted it. Either way. Good news for those that missed them. But I'm sure I'm sure some will still complain. Lol

Is there any point in getting these if you already have the first figures? Like, are the tunics upgraded at all, so they have ‘stitched’ rank stripes like Scotty?

I know there were hopes/plans for modified headsculpts, bodies, and/or a wraparound tunic for Kirk, but they got scrapped.

I’d like to know this too. Having consistent rank braids would be nice.

I'm guessing it was just a lot easier to knock out more copies of the original figure with the existing patterns. Not to mention that the wraparound outfit would have required a different body with a sculped neck, which may not be ready yet.
New patterns are being used because they are using the bodies that I developed for Trek characters.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

So I suppose now though McCoy is unavailable? Looks like he's sold out on Sideshow and BBTS. I guess I can live with Kirk and Spock only, but I'd like at least the trio.

McCoy is available, slightly higher than original retail. Check Google shopping and it'll turn up the stores that still have him.

QMx also finally made the reissue official on their fb page.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hmmm... if Kirk and Spock are updated, I'd like more info on that.
I can live with the old uniforms and bodies, but if the head sculpts are upgraded, then I would get the new versions.

New patterns are being used because they are using the bodies that I developed for Trek characters.

Does 'HQ' know this? :wink1:

There was a question posed and answered on QMx's Facebook page:

Armond Joseph Are they the same as the prior release, or are the upgraded?

Quantum Mechanix (QMx)Armond Joseph They are the same standard edition. Thanks for the inquiry!

giphy.webp

Does anyone know how preorders work on the QMX site? I see Kirk and Spock along with several other non-Trek items labeled as "coming soon" but I'm not seeing any actual listing that are preorders.

Does anyone know how preorders work on the QMX site? I see Kirk and Spock along with several other non-Trek items labeled as "coming soon" but I'm not seeing any actual listing that are preorders.
Yeah, they dont list PO's until right before they ship, so it's not unusual to see POs for QMx products on a lot of other websites but no QMx website POs for a couple months.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back