QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I originally didn't buy any of the TOS figures, and I never planned to as I was waiting for the TWOK and TNG (and so on) figures. With this new re release I decided to go ahead and pre order Kirk and Spock. In the end I would like to support the line and I hope this brings us all one step closer to some of the other figures we've been teased with.

With half the people complaining that the re-releases haven't changed enough and half complaining they shouldn't have changed at all does that mean they've struck the right balance or pleased no-one?

The only people who are complaining for the most part are the folks who already have them...QMX already has their money so they are probably OK with that...the folks who don't have them seem ecstatic and are planning to give QMX their money...soooo...sounds like QMX played this just right...

For Sulu I had been wondering if George Takei (or his publicist or whoever) didn't approve of the stern look and wanted him to have a different expression.

Plenty of people had been asking for re-releases, I don't have an issue with the improvements since it's been a few years right? I'd be upset if I spent $600 on them or something I guess.

I have the entire crew plus the captains chair and Khan. Love 'em all and have no desire to upgrade. So my question is: WTF is wrong with me? :D

So, uh, is now the time to ebay my exclusive Spock with his whacky musical instrument?

The time was probably last week before the re-release was announced...the instrument will be a cool exclusive that will still be hard to find but the figure is the real draw...Spock would have gone for $400-$500 a week ago...not sure that most collectors would be willing to pay an extra $320 for the harp when they can wait two months to get the figure at retail...

Are people jumping to conclusions the upcoming rereleases are changed in some way than the original releases? Probably found stock from the first run IMO. Maybe some questions may be answered next week in San Diego

Are people jumping to conclusions the upcoming rereleases are changed in some way than the original releases? Probably found stock from the first run IMO. Maybe some questions may be answered next week in San Diego

Don't jump to conclusions about the conclusions. :wink1:

No one cares about the uniqueness of Kirk and Spock,

They are using a new body that no one ever saw except me and the people who produced it. I havent even seen the production version yet because it just came out from the oven yesterday (I am in US)

This body was designed basing on the experience that I had with Trek uniforms. Then follow through with the tailors comments after a few samples were done. Prototypes were brought to show a few “inactive” 1/6 producers (that we all know well) for additional design concept confirmations and advises. This body is Produced and funded by a 3rd party, and will be available for general purchase.

With 40~60 weight distribution to help the figures to balance in free standing post, this body uses Pre-production Modulation to have 4 different heights. Reduced Lat muscle size so the arms can hang naturally and hold it's own hands behind the back (a killer post of Spock and standard Starfleet stand) Trek characters are not Bruce Lee, they only need “good” natural postures which is the most important part of Trek figures in my opinion.

Naturally the uniforms need to be re-patterned for the new body, and it wouldnt be difficult to my friends to know, I IMPROVE anything as i see them. All uniforms are done by handicaps, and were trained by 1/6 professional.

All plastic were done elsewhere but prepared and painted in my own facility.

Head sculpts are the old ones but they were painted by a group of handicaps personally hired by me and trained by the paint shops I used. I believe my girls had surpassed what other paint shops can do.

Beside the plastic press, almost everything else are done in-house by the people I personally hired.

The above are what I did for Trek, and what i did for Kirk and Spock re-issues.

You could read the thread and see what Nanjin has said. The bodies/tailoring will be changed.

Even aside from that, there's no way someone would find stock enough to sell at multiple places. That'd be hundreds of pieces at minimum to just disappear.

Ok now I'm waiting to see pics of the revised Kirk/Spock- very intrigued and excited.

sorry ptaq qmx insider mailing List has the re-release Kirk and Spock in limited stock.now leave me to my blood wine, funny guy.

The sheer volume of Kirks that have suddenly appeared on EBay is stunning...guess people are treating it like a stock market crash and trying to get their last scalper prices in before the word spreads...

The sheer volume of Kirks that have suddenly appeared on EBay is stunning...guess people are treating it like a stock market crash and trying to get their last scalper prices in before the word spreads...

Too funny. Panic sets in.

The McCoy re-release question was asked to qmx and their reply was that McCoy was still available at some outlets, so doesn't look like it.

Just wait until the Kirk and Spock re-release hits in a tiny advanced batch and short retailer allocations which sells out almost instantly (with the rest of the allocation to come months and months later), just like Scotty and Sulu, which again results in lots of buyers unable to get their hands on them (right away, at least), including some who have sold their originals to 'upgrade'. You think you've seen panic so far... :lol

Back