QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you using an .4mm nozzle and printing it flat or standing up? What slicer are you using?

Let me see. The printer is a Monoprice Maker Select V2. It has a 0.4mm nozzle. The filament is PLA. I printed the main body of the generator flat (laying down, control side up). The vanes or whatever the things that are attached on the curved side, were printed standing up. I used the Ultimaker Cura slicer. I designed the parts in Tinkercad, which was an adventure.

As I mentioned, I'm just getting started on the whole 3D printing and designing. I've made other stuff from styrene, cutting and shaping. The 3D printing process has some advantages, for sure, but I don't think it's the answer for everything. The "trial and error" part of the process is a lot easier!

Tom

I got them at a craft store, Michael's, I believe. They're available online as well and are called pom poms. They come in a variety of sizes and colors. Just don't feed them!

Tom
Love your picture! Tribbles everywhere!

Tribbles 3.jpg

Thanks Tom, I have been printing for 3 years now. QMX scale I have done a sickbay bed and the cannon from the cage. Lately I have been focused on the old DST scale figures

Thanks Tom, I have been printing for 3 years now. QMX scale I have done a sickbay bed and the cannon from the cage. Lately I have been focused on the old DST scale figures

You, Sir, are one amazing talent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed Kirk and Spock... rereleasing them means I'll quite likely get the TOS full crew.

You won't be disappointed. These TOS figures are pretty-much great. I have them all except for Sulu... he's waiting until September after a Sideshow Collectables pre-order.

They're both up on Sideshow now. Release date of September-October 2019.

I just preordered both of them since I missed them the first time around.

All those folks asking $500 - $1,500 for these figures on EBay will be sorely disappointed with this news!

Is there any point in getting these if you already have the first figures? Like, are the tunics upgraded at all, so they have ‘stitched’ rank stripes like Scotty?

I know there were hopes/plans for modified headsculpts, bodies, and/or a wraparound tunic for Kirk, but they got scrapped.

All those folks asking $500 - $1,500 for these figures on EBay will be sorely disappointed with this news!

Almost as disappointed as the folks who recently paid $500 a $1500 for these figures in recent EBay auctions! Close call...I am thinking back to a couple of recent auctions in the past few months where I tapped out for Kirk once he went over $400...those other "lucky bidders" really did me a favor! There is one listed on EBay right now for over $1200...PSA...wait until September and pay $179 instead. :)

Even though I'd prefer the Wrath of Khan version, I broke down and pre-ordered this Kirk, just in case the other one is never released.

Back