QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I imagine the production run for Chapel will be even smaller than the one for Scotty. Personally I don't know if this is a character I remotely need in my collection, but if it's well executed I might just buy it anyway.

I just hope Nanjin gives her one of the earlier hairstyles from the first season, instead of that ugly 60s beehive she had later on. :D

View attachment 446444

Please not the dead squirrel from the Naked Time.

Thanks for the heads up! Not a fan of the September release date that BBTS is claiming though...

Nice to see that the excellent Khan figure is finally Waitlisted at Sideshow! Anything that sends a message to QMX that if they make these figures people will buy them is much appreciated!

Is Sulu up at sideshow? I just hope he can stay up till I get paid on Friday. I prefer my preorders there cause of the payment plans. I got my Khan today. Love him. His tailoring is exquisite. Great head sculpt. Fun to pose. The little phaser or whatever he came with snapped right away but I'm not flipping out. Ill email sideshow later today about it. I LOVED posing Khan today. I only stopped cause my son wanted some lunch lol. Witness the glory!...

eae0213537f630f7d95bfaa289fc6224.jpg
833000c453709bd8091b1ab4719bd3ff.jpg
f00b86137813b4bd8aa78e00a215c2ed.jpg
9cd5c53e3ec41f539457d1125355129b.jpg
78fc59ef59db916e6511c4e6d604d6b7.jpg
6fa735ced84d750568080fc41235e54e.jpg
250417357eef4223fe134f30dbfffe2e.jpg
d42e6e7a2eedac6d5c5f3e9f6c97bdc8.jpg

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

I know it was mentioned before, but worth repeating, ThinkGeek.com has the Captain's chair for $59. Pretty good deal, if you ask me...
If they still have that chair by Friday, I'm getting it. [emoji41]

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

My chair came in from Thinkgeek last week and it is beautiful...I was moments away from buying it at 129.99 so for 59.99 it is even more amazing!

Well then, you'd be disappointed, because Nanjin does real-world accurate. He made Kirk's TOS tunic the correct avocado green color it is, and what's cool about that is under bright lights it looks gold just like the real deal. So if he ever makes Kirk's grey TMP uniform, it will be a real-world accurate representation. Depending on the lighting in the room it will look as grey or powder blue as you want it to.

Thanks for the early warning! I’m sure if we’re lucky enough to get TMP figs I won’t be quibbling over the color!

TMP is a beautiful film...it is just misunderstood. FACT!

Indeed indeed.

Right, same here. If we get the opportunity to have at least one high-end figure from TMP, it would be a first for that particular film. It deserves a good bit of recognition because -- in spite of the film's rating among the masses -- most Trek fans at least acknowledge it as the beginning of a very successful continuing franchise. TOS reruns got the ball rolling, but TMP sent it into real kinetic motion. For me it still ranks as one of the best ST films.

I rewatched it recently. Hadn't been there for ages now.... (I almost tatooed the film on the back of my brain when I was a teenager going through my TMP stage of development and never had the need to return after I left)

Great movie, great ideas, endearing special effects, very ambitious effort. You feel Roddenberry's gravitas, ambition and deep respect for his audience, traits that EVERYBODY lack these days. It is a serious attempt at nonsense (this ain't no 2001 ASO) that at the very least feels both feasible and workable.

Ah... Those were the days...

m.

Still no Sulu up at Sideshow. I have reward points waiting, lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back