QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TMP is a beautiful film...it is just misunderstood. FACT!

TMP was like a glass of cool water to someone lost in a desert...

It was cool to see the old cast again but it was the Enterprise that stole my heart and still does, to this day. The refit is majestic and one of my favorite Sci-Fi ships of all time.

FlyAndFight;10055506The refit is majestic and one of my favorite Sci-Fi ships of all time.[/QUOTE said:
I agree, it's a fantastic design, but even as a child I had a hard time believing it was the same ship from the Original Series under there...

Man, all this TMP love. I always thought it was the most boring movie in the series with the worst uniforms.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah it's definitely a stretch to think they would completely change every single part of the ship inside and out like that, instead of simply building a new one from scratch.

Which is why I've never taken the idea too seriously and have always considered it more of a reimagining of the Enterprise for the big screen than anything else.

Man, all this TMP love. I always thought it was the most boring movie in the series with the worst uniforms.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The uniforms took some getting used to, but I enjoyed the movie for the most part... but, yeah. They could have spent a lot less time “floating” through the cloud (showing off the special effects). That 45 minute stretch was like watching 2001: A Space Odyssey — another over-rated snooze fest.

It was cool to see the old cast again but it was the Enterprise that stole my heart and still does, to this day. The refit is majestic and one of my favorite Sci-Fi ships of all time.

That scene where Scotty brings Kirk over to the Enterprise for the first time may be my favorite Star Trek moment of all time (and that is saying something because I am a little Trek obsessed) and definitely one of my all time favorite moments in any movie!

Absolutely. I bought a Polar Lights model which I will display with my QMX action figures. The refit is a thing of beauty inside and out. So much thought went into her design. This is probably why I couldn't give two craps about the reboot Enterprise: the bridge was shiny but no thought went into her design at other than, this would look coooooooooool. Meh.

I do like the uniforms too. I never worried that they were like pyjamas. Detach the trousers from the boots and give them a collar like Kirk and Spock and they look fine.

Absolutely. I bought a Polar Lights model which I will display with my QMX action figures. The refit is a thing of beauty inside and out. So much thought went into her design.

The refit Enterprise is also one of my favorite ship designs ever.

And that Polar Lights kit (1:350) is a complete joy to build. Try lighting it if you get a chance; it's worth it!

The refit Enterprise is also one of my favorite ship designs ever.

And that Polar Lights kit (1:350) is a complete joy to build. Try lighting it if you get a chance; it's worth it!

I bought the light kit but my model building skills are so atrocious I have some light bleed on my saucer. Grim. I'm about a third done but I'm struggling to find the time to fix all my mistakes.

I enjoyed the first half of the movie. The Klingon battle at the start looked so promising. Even after 40 years, the production design, visual effects and music still hold up. The music score is one i still listen to regularly, particularly when we see the refit Enterprise for the first time. The scene itself is quite slow and doesn't really forward the story much, but it remains my favourite scene in the whole movie. The 2nd half, peters out like a slow road movie.

I have actually seen the Admiral's uniform in real life. It is in Loden Green with a cream chest / collar. I would make one, if i could only find a good fabric match.

New update by Nanjiin on FB:

53327529_2324999831079743_8196914654572707840_o.jpg

Bring them on already!!

who actually has received Scotty yet I've only seen two reviews and one of those was predistribution for a review they say they're sold out but I haven't seen any one actually receive one. The UK certainly don't have them either, as usual looks like QMX smoke and mirrors.

who actually has received Scotty yet I've only seen two reviews and one of those was predistribution for a review they say they're sold out but I haven't seen any one actually receive one. The UK certainly don't have them either, as usual looks like QMX smoke and mirrors.

Mine shipped from Sideshow yesterday. He's scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday. Can't wait!

I received mine from Qmx a couple of weeks ago. He goes well with Kirk, Spock, and McCoy - although the sleeve braids are noticeably thinner. And the red uniform really pops.

Back