QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want the Enterprise-D Captain's chair.

Here's an idea, maybe Dr. Crusher should be the next Next Gen fig. Hang on, i'm serious. Post after post of people mentioning her as if she's the barometer for how far the line should go. Clearly more people like her than many of us are aware. It seems like Data and Worf are already further along but maybe after them...do her? I like Troi better but it's not like I wouldn't buy Beverly. Kid me found her way hotter than adult me but adult me discovered he likes curves more than kid me and well..that's a whole other topic.

Well, she was conspicuously left out of the Geometric model line, which had superb likenesses and did multiple secondary character, like Gowron and a generic female Romulan officer (so it wasn't even a gender thing). Some people here used the heads from the models to make custom TNG figures. I never commissioned her head just because I am a DS9er first and foremost. I don't think Playmates ever made her in 12" scale either.

Also the female TNG jumpsuit is very hard to tailor. I played around with a pattern I created from scratch to do Troi in her duty uniform, and decided it wasn't worth the work, since I hoped nanjin would do it some day (and still do).

I don't understand leaving Beverly out when they do the crew. Funko did it with their POPs. Pez only put her in the exclusive version of the their box set. it's annoying.

DSC_0027.jpg
I bought a Xing body for Yeoman Rand but she looks tiny next to the men. The old Barbie uniform isn't a great fit either. Will definitely need leg extensions for Chapel.

I know, but I always thought Chapel looked taller than McCoy. If McCoy is taller than Kirk then my life is thrown into crisis. I guess Shatner and Barrett were of similar height?

OK, I have re-educated myself! Shatner is taller than I thought! The McCoy figure is a touch too tall though and my Xing figure is more Uhura height.
Shatner 1.77m
Nimoy 1.84m
Kelly 1.78m
Doohan 1.8m
Takei 1.73m
Nichols 1.65m
Koenig 1.68m
Barrett 1.75m
Whitney 1.73m
Collins 1.85m
Khambatta 1.71m
Alley 1.71m

Female actresses worn flats when they were with Kirk, and Kirk's boots had heels. ��

来自我的 HUAWEI NXT-AL10 上的 Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Female actresses worn flats when they were with Kirk, and Kirk's boots had heels. ��

I observed that! That's why I bought the flat boots. Silly me! Will you put any effort into making the taller ladies that bit taller? Uhura is short at least.

Goddess Lt Uhura deserves 200% attention. Her height is one of the issues that I need to be concern.

The xing legs look OK under the tights, although I want tmp uniforms eventually so seamless legs are not a priority for me. A standard body is probably OK for Uhura at 5'4".

Goddess Lt Uhura deserves 200% attention. Her height is one of the issues that I need to be concern.

Yeah, she should be shorter than the guy figures.

*psssst, is she coming this year? ;) *

I have pulled out my spare female bodies and ankle extenders. I've lost track of which one is which but the xing body is fractionally shorter with a shorter neck. I've picked out a body for my custom Xmen Rogue. When the custom Rand head arrives, I'll play about with them and see if she looks better with a longer or shorter neck. The taller body with leg extenders will do great for Chapel, assuming I need to make one. Early days yet!

I know I've seen a pattern but I'm damned if I can recall where I saw it. I got one of the older Barbie uniforms and it's a terrible fit on every body I've tried. I'm surprised there is such a lull on custom uniforms considering the 50th anniversary and all the figure lines coming out.

No that's about right. The skirt is largely separate with a flap at the front to give the illusion that it was removable, leaving a leotard underneath. the top is stitched in sort of triangular sections.
Didn't Nanjin post a prototype uniform online a while back?They were usually a bit too short for my taste. Uhura sitting in the command chair would give everyone on the viewer a clear shot of her stellar phenomenon. That's just not right.

Only a replica but multiple angles: https://www.anovos.com/collections/...-the-original-series-uhura-dress-premier-line

Suggestion for Uhura's accessories: Tribbles! At least 3 of them. Haven't watched that episode in about a decade and I forgot how awesome it was.

Back