QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I certainly want a classic Klingon, but I think that for most of us, we want our crew, then, the Aliens/villains are a bonus. We're afraid that, like so many times before, the line(s) stop short of a character or two.

I'd rather much have the unis from TMP. The movie was meh, but the costumes looked like a prelude to those of TNG, colors aside.

We are in the minority for sure but I agree. I really like the movie though. Just need digital characterization to improve a bit more to tweak the movie to it's ultimate. It's missing Kirk and Sonak singing Row Row Row Your Boat on a camping trip.

I'd probably only buy a Seven of Nine haha...I was a tad obsessed with the character when I was a teenager. Also wouldn't mind a Janeway and Torres. I always found the female characters in Voyager a lot more interesting than the male characters.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm in it for any TOS or TWOK offerings. I love the other shows but my budget will make me stick to that. I might make the exception to 7 of 9 and that is strictly fan boy. I am not interested in costume variants like lines in the past used to do. I would happily pay for any costume sold separately like those cool gangster threads Nanjin has on his Facebook page. Thinking that over it I couldn't say no to a Mirror Mirror Spock or Romulan Kirk do to structure changes.

I would buy any TWOK offerings. Would love the idea Spock came with a radiated head. I have a candle on the window seal for Captain Terrell even.
Aliens and Villians? Produce and I will buy
QMX is all I'm following now. I just hope they are in it for the long run

Let's add Appreciation to the thread title. I haven't been this exited for action figures since I ripped into my Megos back on Christmas morning back in 1974

I don't have a huge favorite but only because I only saw bits and pieces of the show.

You MUST go back and watch the show. You'll have to push through the first 1 or two seasons, but once the Dominion gets introduced the show really takes off to what I think is the best of the Trek shows. In the Pale Moonlight, is one of the best Trek shows ever, but there are several others I can recommend from DS9. DS9 touches on a lot of things other Trek shows cant due to it's setting, you get heavy alien centered episodes, Klingons, Ferengi, Cardassian, Bajoran, and Trill. Deep universe building stuff outside of the typical Starfleet, human, and Vulcan viewpoints we are given.

I predict once you see all the episodes, Odo and Quark will quickly move up your must have list, and you will be wishing for a Garek at some point.

You MUST go back and watch the show. You'll have to push through the first 1 or two seasons, but once the Dominion gets introduced the show really takes off to what I think is the best of the Trek shows. In the Pale Moonlight, is one of the best Trek shows ever, but there are several others I can recommend from DS9. DS9 touches on a lot of things other Trek shows cant due to it's setting, you get heavy alien centered episodes, Klingons, Ferengi, Cardassian, Bajoran, and Trill. Deep universe building stuff outside of the typical Starfleet, human, and Vulcan viewpoints we are given.

I predict once you see all the episodes, Odo and Quark will quickly move up your must have list, and you will be wishing for a Garek at some point.

Garekkkkkkkk

Finding so far...

-FINISH the original crew. Seems non negotiable
-Most of us want you to finish the core 7 on Next generation
-Wrath of Khan would be bought
-Villains/aliens are cool but most of us would rather you finish a couple of crews.
-Seven of Nine is way more popular that I thought. Seriously, squeeze her out and looks like she'll sell.
-Seems like very few people care too much about getting the crew from the rebooted Trek.

Thanks for all the recommendations about ds9 guys. I'm gonna do it. The first 2-3 episodes were a slog but I've watched other random ones and they were amazing. Saw some great episode which was them all playing baseball, another where some ferengi went back in time and were questioned by nasa, and a really awesome one where the crew went back to the originals "trouble with tribbles". I have no doubt I'll love that show eventually. Voyager was okay and I saw more of that then Ds9 but it seemed like every episode was like a halfassed episode of next generation. Enterprise was just kind of dull with some notable exceptions. I checked out at the very end of season 2.

I'm a much bigger trek fan than I was back then though so I'd probably be more into all of it now. I'm currently binging Next Gen and Original and there's still literally tons of episodes I've never seen.

Definitely want the original crew finished. All seven, plus Rand and Chapel. And I'd love any TOS villains/aliens (Khan, Yvonne Craig as the Orion girl, the Gorn, the Horta, definitely one of the Klingons). TWOK all seven plus Khan (in fact, I'd rather have Khan from the movie than the TV show). I'm getting Picard, but that's probably it from NG unless they make Dr. Crusher (sorry kids, NG was too boring for my tastes... at least until they introduced The Borg). If they did Seven, hell yeah (because Jeri Ryan was the only good thing about Voyager; well, her and The Doctor). Zero interest in DS9, etc.

I'd pick up pretty much DS9 figure they put out. A Garak would be amazing! Other than that, I'm really only interested in TOS. I'd love it if they finished the main cast and added a few of the more memorable villains.

Thanks for all the recommendations about ds9 guys. I'm gonna do it. The first 2-3 episodes were a slog but I've watched other random ones and they were amazing. Saw some great episode which was them all playing baseball, another where some ferengi went back in time and were questioned by nasa, and a really awesome one where the crew went back to the originals "trouble with tribbles". I have no doubt I'll love that show eventually. Voyager was okay and I saw more of that then Ds9 but it seemed like every episode was like a halfassed episode of next generation. Enterprise was just kind of dull with some notable exceptions. I checked out at the very end of season 2.

I Found Voyager....ok. It got better after they added the Bord in, but it never really hit the mark with me. Enterprise became pretty good in it's last season. They hit on a formula of small 2-3 episode arcs, that told a complete story, and some of them were pretty good.

Definitely want the original crew finished. All seven, plus Rand and Chapel. And I'd love any TOS villains/aliens (Khan, Yvonne Craig as the Orion girl, the Gorn, the Horta, definitely one of the Klingons). TWOK all seven plus Khan (in fact, I'd rather have Khan from the movie than the TV show). I'm getting Picard, but that's probably it from NG unless they make Dr. Crusher (sorry kids, NG was too boring for my tastes... at least until they introduced The Borg). If they did Seven, hell yeah (because Jeri Ryan was the only good thing about Voyager; well, her and The Doctor). Zero interest in DS9, etc.

Do you even Star trek bro?

Why did Kirk refer to Saavik as Mister? Always bugged me.

Naval tradition, I believe. Sometimes the writers go out of their way to help 'normal' people understand, such as when Janeway tells Kim she doesn't like being called, 'Sir'. I suppose they were trying to make Trek less sexist.

I'm very curious how deep these lines can go. I will be buying Picard, despite my criticisms, and hope it goes all the way to Dr. Crusher and Ensign Ro on the TNG side.

Naval tradition, I believe. Sometimes the writers go out of their way to help 'normal' people understand, such as when Janeway tells Kim she doesn't like being called, 'Sir'. I suppose they were trying to make Trek less sexist.

I always liked "Mr. Saavik" as a gender equality gesture. I would love a Kirsti Alley version of her.

I took an instant and unshakable dislike to Janeway over the "sir" issue. It doesn't make sense in the culture of Starfleet.

Here's an idea, maybe Dr. Crusher should be the next Next Gen fig. Hang on, i'm serious. Post after post of people mentioning her as if she's the barometer for how far the line should go. Clearly more people like her than many of us are aware. It seems like Data and Worf are already further along but maybe after them...do her? I like Troi better but it's not like I wouldn't buy Beverly. Kid me found her way hotter than adult me but adult me discovered he likes curves more than kid me and well..that's a whole other topic.

I'm genuinely curious right now how many figures are planned to be released this year. It has to be a lot as Nanjin did mention having 2 females this year alone.

Any news on the Captain's chair? Will it be priced at the range of a single figure or more?

Back