QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Jayne Cobb

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking for Zoe they should probably include either the long tan coat she wore (with gloves) or that green jacket, just to add a bit more visual interest and detail. Because right now the figure is looking a bit simple and barebones to me.

gffjjj.JPG

fffd.JPG

A coat of some kind would also cover up the oddness of the arms, too. (Man, that base body looks really wonky to me.)

I wouldn't be surprised if they tweak or change the outfit. They changed Jayne's outfit (for the better) between this latest display and the last time we saw him.

But I really hope they shrink that head down. More than just the 5% that heads usually shrink in casting. Closer to 15-20. We know QMx is great about listening to their customers, so maybe some Freaks could bust out the photoshop to give some constructive feedback?

It's not the paint .....

The sculpt is just bad.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not the paint .....

The sculpt is just bad.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd have to agree. Those close-up photos show it's not the paint app, the face is way too round. It's laughable how that stupid web-site thinks that that sculpt looks 99% like Gina. I guess as long as it's a black woman...

Forgetting the size of the head for a moment, from the nose down, I see her. I think the nose and mouth look pretty good, actually. It's the eyes that throw it off for me. I think their shape is off and they may be too far apart. The top half of the head is where the sculpt loses me. And the jawline could probably be narrowed a bit. Just my two cents.

And, as always, we're talking about fractions of millimeters here.

(Also, I suppose we should probably give Zoe her own thread at this point ...)

I think the basic likeness is there, but it's missing that extra level of realism and skin texture that the Mal head had. It's almost reminds me more of a custom sculpt you'd see on ebay or something.

I appreciate that you guys don't have an issue with the paint. She was a total labor of love for me. I was so honored to paint such a beloved character of mine. So thanks, fellas. Also, I agree about the inclusion of an overcoat. It would make the outfit much more attractive in general. I'd put money on it that we will get our wish there. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The paint looks fine in your photos, the shadows in the exhibit makes it look weird. I think the old Trevor sculpt looks better than this sculpt, both might be too big but the likeness on the old one is better.

Aww come on now. A figure every three years......... we'll have the whole crew in no time.

You know, it sucks. I'm a Trek fan and have gotten most of the releases, but this ticks off even me.

I'm done waiting, I've decided not to pursue this line anymore because the wait is has been ridiculous. My collection space has changed significantly and the allocated shelf area for the Firefly crew is long gone, considering Jayne was teased way back in 2014. It's 3 weeks till 2018 and I don't want to live another year with the anticipation of when will the PO come up, so saying goodbye to this line would inevitably be much more liberating and would allow me to focus on other figures.

I absolutely loved the Mal figure and was blown away by QMX's commitment of making things right to fix the head, but enough is enough.

I'm done waiting, I've decided not to pursue this line anymore because the wait is has been ridiculous. My collection space has changed significantly and the allocated shelf area for the Firefly crew is long gone, considering Jayne was teased way back in 2014. It's 3 weeks till 2018 and I don't want to live another year with the anticipation of when will the PO come up, so saying goodbye to this line would inevitably be much more liberating and would allow me to focus on other figures.

I absolutely loved the Mal figure and was blown away by QMX's commitment of making things right to fix the head, but enough is enough.

If any more figures show up then I'll get them, but I've pretty much given up hope that we'll see another Firefly figure. Even if another one gets made, how many more years will we have to wait for a third? At one release a year, it would have taken a decade to get the entire crew. At this rate, we'll be celebrating Firefly's 40th anniversary by the time they're all done. I think the Supernatural line is going to go the same way. Maybe Dean gets put up for preorder in the next year, then 3-4 years will go by before we get Sam. I'd love to see QMX surprise everyone and start pushing these things out at the rate of their Star Trek figures, but I don't thing it's going to happen.

Back