QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Jayne Cobb

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's something interesting though, if the deal with Fox goes through, Disney will own Firefly, I wonder how that might change licensing.

It won't.

It's pretty clear the fanbase for Firefly is just not big enough to support a 1/6 line.

I wonder if something might be going on with their licensing--I think they don't have a Serenity license from Universal anymore, and they've also stopped doing the big ship replicas--though that's not surprising since they were way too expensive.

I wonder if something might be going on with their licensing--I think they don't have a Serenity license from Universal anymore, and they've also stopped doing the big ship replicas--though that's not surprising since they were way too expensive.

I think Disney owning Fox has A LOT to do with it now, I know someone in past said it didn't but remember Hasbro only held the Jurassic Park line till Mattel scooped it up.

That's not going to affect things for a while, the Fox purchase has something like a year before it actually goes through.

Unless the acquisition was already made but they made announcement this year. Got to remember these b******s only tell us what they want us to hear.

Considering it was monopoly issue... didnt take them very long to approve... reminds me of (speaking TWC) Charter buying TWC and before the company had even finalized anything 2 months prior TWC was telling its customers to get free small cable boxes because a regular cable connection wont allow "their services" and being I lived in Missouri and went back to N. Carolina, that was definitely a Charter policy being implemented before we started paying them for the new cable ****box Spectrum.

So a company enforcing policies imho knowing it will acquisition could possibly persuade the existing company to do policy changes for easier liquidation.

Occam's razor. . .

Mal didn't sell well, so Jayne is on the back burner.

Considering it was monopoly issue... didnt take them very long to approve... reminds me of (speaking TWC) Charter buying TWC and before the company had even finalized anything 2 months prior TWC was telling its customers to get free small cable boxes because a regular cable connection wont allow "their services" and being I lived in Missouri and went back to N. Carolina, that was definitely a Charter policy being implemented before we started paying them for the new cable ****box Spectrum.

So a company enforcing policies imho knowing it will acquisition could possibly persuade the existing company to do policy changes for easier liquidation.

Currently both companies are treating it like it's not going to happen(until it happens)--so Fox is still developing projects without considering how they might fit with other Disney projects and Disney is developing projects as if they won't be owning the Fox properties.
Though I think for Disney they probably haven't even thought about Firefly in this acquisition.

Yeah, these transactions are complicated, enormous (billions and billions of dollars) and take a long time to wind their way through the governmental regulatory process. When it comes to the day-to-day operation of each individual division within either company, everybody is going to behave as though it's not going to happen until word comes down that the deal is done. Because A) it may not happen, and B) if it does, even after the ink is dry, it will still take some time before the ramifications of such a mega-merger filter down to all the departments.

(I happen to work at one of the divisions within Time Warner and we've been told that if/when the AT&T merger happens, not a whole lot is gonna change for us for the foreseeable future. I'm sure it will eventually, but it's gonna take a while.)

It's entirely possible that there may be something up with QMx's license, but no way it has anything to do the merger/acquisition. The very last thing on the minds of Disney Corporate or Fox Corporate is a single license for a few hundred action figures from a show that's been off the air for 15+ years. Are giant corporations evil? Absolutely. But I'm sure the answer to this particular question is more mundane ... like disappointing sales of Mal.

Last edited:
And last year they showed Jayne and Zoe at SDCC but still no word on anything actually being put up for preorder.

Yeah, I gave up on this line and sold my QMx Mal figure and statue. I did get these sweet pins for my gym bag though. :p

26971807948_447a872d3f_k.jpg

Back