QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Jayne Cobb

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope they have Jayne and at least one new crew member prototype on display at SDCC. I need to know they're still putting time and energy into getting more of these figures made and up for preorder before I die.

This is just ridiculous. Someone needs to get in touch with QMX and find out just what the gorram heck is going on. I wouldn't buy Jayne either if the rest of the team won't be made.

Or better yet- everybody spam the QMX Twitter! :lol

ST Captain's Chair was announced--so that's 5 ST items in a row. We could have had Jayne, Zoe, Wash, River, and Kaylee to go with Mal by now. :mad:

I have a terrible feeling this line is basically dead. That or it really is that easy to release so many Trek figures because of the similar uniforms.

I would bet the similarities of the Trek uniforms does have something to do with it. I'm guessing Trek is also a more popular/profitable license.

But that's fine by me. I don't mind waiting for Firefly characters because, the more experience QMX gets in this field, the better. Remember, they're still pretty new to the 1/6 figure game. If they build up more experience (and a bit more of a financial cushion) with Trek, I'm happy to wait for the slightly more complicated Firefly figures.

But ... I would like to hear some official word as to the status of the Firefly line. It would be nice to get some reassurance.

Well, I won't mention any names, but someone on this board was doing the Trek stuff and then handed it off to QMx. So they kind of had a head start there.

After loving my trek figures from qmx, I'd love to get some firefly. But the lack of releases is worrying. I don't want to get Mal or even Jayne and that be it. It's too small a crew.

I want the whole crew, but we need at least four - Mal, Zoe, Jayne and Wash. My second tier would be Kaylee, River and Book. Never been a huge fan of Inara, but I'd definitely buy the figure if the line went that deep. Would probably skip a Simon figure, though. (Sorry, Simon.)

I'd definitely buy Inara, don't necessarily need the others. I'm not a completist anymore and I couldn't afford to buy the whole crew, but would be nice to have her together with Mal.

I want the whole crew. What the hell is going on with this line?! For awhile there they were squeezing out Star Trek figures left and right, and now even that seems to have stalled.

I don't collect this line, but I feel for the wait on these, the not knowing.

I'm hoping they show their Supernatural figures at this SDCC, because I don't think there's been any other updates on them since they were shown last year, even though they looked fairly complete.

River is the only other besides Mal that I see myself needing. She is of course the catalyst for the entire show/movie. But I would want her to be in the Serenity attire and include the Reaver weapons and since they are doing Firefly I don't ever see that happening.

I think many people are hoping we get a buttload of reveals and updates at SDCC. I know I am. I'm also keeping fingers crossed somebody does a Buffy or Angel line too. At least the two title characters.

I figured this company would be a likely candidate to get the Buffy/Angel line, if any of them would. But while the Star Trek releases had been going good (except this current issue with Picard), their Firefly line has really stalled and I can't help but wonder how a Buffy line would work out.

I could narrow my wants for Buffy down to about 4-5 characters that I would be most happy with having. But with Firefly, only one released and one shown but taking a good while... It makes me less confident.

At least with Supernatural they've shown Sam & Dean. I would hope for Castiel, but that's about it.

If this isn't at SDCC then I'll abandon the notion of having a full Firefly lineup and just be content with Mal. Jayne's headsculpt was teased early 2014 when Mal was still in development so 3 years of nothing is just way too much.

River is the only other besides Mal that I see myself needing. She is of course the catalyst for the entire show/movie. But I would want her to be in the Serenity attire and include the Reaver weapons and since they are doing Firefly I don't ever see that happening.
I'd second this. I really want a River in her Serenity attire and Reaver weapons.

I was thinking the other day about whether I'd want any villains from this universe (assuming this or any other line goes on long enough) and I couldn't think of many. Chiwetel Ejiofor's Operative character from Serenity would be cool. But not a lot of others spring to mind. The Reavers were a cool concept, but visually they didn't do much for me.

This is the only villain I'd buy

tv-flashback-firefly-recurring-character-adelai-niska-played-by-michael-fairman.jpg

Back