QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Jayne Cobb

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly don't understand how Firefly gets all this attention from QMX but not Buffy. I know the Firefly audience is very loyal, but the Buffy fanbase must dwarf it by two or three times at least. Maybe it's licensing costs? Or maybe someone at QMX is just a huge fan of Firefly but not of Buffy?

I think a Buffy 12 inch figure is way overdue....even a kit or a custom Gellar head sculpt.

I honestly don't understand how Firefly gets all this attention from QMX but not Buffy. I know the Firefly audience is very loyal, but the Buffy fanbase must dwarf it by two or three times at least. Maybe it's licensing costs? Or maybe someone at QMX is just a huge fan of Firefly but not of Buffy?

I'd be all over and about 12 inch Buffy. I like Firefly but it's not as great as Buffy or Angel overall and it didn't last as long. And no company ever commits to the full crew! We always get half a line or less. Funko at least tried to get most of the crew in one shot but even they didn't finish. I would LOVE QMX Buffy.

I saw the figure at SDCC last year and it was fine except for the hat. All I want to know is when the damn thing is going up for preorder.

I'd like a different shirt, and I'd be surprised if he didn't come with Vera. QMX didn't display any accessories for the figure at SDCC, but you know he'll come with something. The problem with the hat could be fixed by offering another head sculpt with a sculpted hat on it.

I wish they'd kick the Firefly figures into a higher gear. I'd like to get the crew on my shelf before I hit retirement age.

I just can't imagine them not making Wash, Zoe, River, and Kaylee. When it comes down to it, the only one I don't care about getting is Simon--but if they get that far I'd probably pick him up anyway just to have the whole crew. :lol

When Mal was announced I had visions of the whole crew, but with the time it's taking I'd settle for River and Kaylee as the essential others.

Kaylee :lecture

The studio (Fox) said they'd bring back Firefly (reboot or remake) if Whedon got on board, but both Whedon and Fillion said they wouldn't do it. However, if they change their minds, QMx need to get moving!

Looking great! (T-shirt! Yay!)

Judging by the jawline area, he looks like he's got a neckless sculpt on a muscle body. Which is perfect. I'd like to see him without the jacket since that's how I plan to display him.

Vera looks good! But my personal pick for exclusive would be a couple more of his signature tees!

Q2 is right around the corner! :clap

Last edited:
Hey, I've got that same t-shirt. Looking forward to the Hero of Canton and the rest of the crew.

Q2 release? I hope that's true- everyone's been waiting for this for so long, it would be a miracle to get the whole crew by now.

It's almost been a year since they showed Jayne at SDCC. :mad: At this rate, I think we're lucky we got Mal. My faith in getting more figures from this line is pretty much gone.

I saw a recent (like w/in the last 2 weeks) post from them (I think on IG) where they showed an image of Mal and the message said to "start your 1/6 Firefly collection"... I took that to mean others were still coming. But yeah, 4 Trek figures in a row since Mal doesn't bode well.

Back