QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Jayne Cobb

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too and everyone else I suppose. We all want more of the crew a.s.a.p, but I'd like to assume QMX have their hands full with just Jayne. I trust them though, since Andy kept his word and replaced the defective Mal head which actually makes QMX my new favorite 1/6 toy company. If it was Sideshow or Hot Toys, they just wouldn't' care.

They do seem to listen, which is great. Let's hope they continue listen to the Star Trek feedback. The second they stop listening and caring, that's the moment I'm spending my cash elsewhere.

Didn't they showed a prototype for a 1/6 Kaylee statue not so long ago? Seems like a weird move to me if they're also planning to release a 1/6 articulated Kaylee, because if I remember correctly it was not one of their stylized/comic statues and that would split the sales.

EDITED: Ah, found it! Couple of months ago

cfb21661337d39cd697e648bae0588a4.jpg

Why would it be a weird move? Some people collect statues, others (like me) just 1/6. Some collect both. It would be weird if they didn't bring out an articulated 1/6 to keep the line moving.

QMX also made a 1/6 Mal statue shortly before the reveal of the articulated figure counterpart. Different markets for sure.

MalStatue-1_988x988_0185e78f-36fb-4c72-9051-c10fc16fbae7_grande.jpg

Hopefully they haven't bitten off more than they can chew like ThreeZero have with their licences. I imagine they showed both Sam and Dean at once because they're both equal leads and fans aren't going to want to buy one unless they know for sure the other is coming.

Hopefully they don't put Firefly on the backburner for all the Star Trek stuff that they've shown.

I think Firefly is probably a slow burner for them (compared to ST), but at least they're still rolling forwards with it.

Hopefully they haven't bitten off more than they can chew like ThreeZero have with their licences.

This is a misunderstanding of how the industry works. There is a lot of downtime between projects. It can be weeks or months at a time, while you're waiting for a factory to finish a prototype, or a licensor gets back to you with approval. If you don't have multiple projects going on at any given time, you're just bleeding money. You have to keep jumping from project to project, keeping plates spinning, to make sure you always things ready to go.

This is a misunderstanding of how the industry works. There is a lot of downtime between projects. It can be weeks or months at a time, while you're waiting for a factory to finish a prototype, or a licensor gets back to you with approval. If you don't have multiple projects going on at any given time, you're just bleeding money. You have to keep jumping from project to project, keeping plates spinning, to make sure you always things ready to go.

:exactly::goodpost:

QMX also made a 1/6 Mal statue shortly before the reveal of the articulated figure counterpart. Different markets for sure.

MalStatue-1_988x988_0185e78f-36fb-4c72-9051-c10fc16fbae7_grande.jpg

Indeed, and I believe it was supposed to be an entire line. I fear that poor sales may have slowed it or stopped it :/. Personally I passed on this because I think the face is way off, I would have preferred if they went with the 1/6th head sculpt ;p Otherwise I vastly prefer a statue.

Indeed, and I believe it was supposed to be an entire line. I fear that poor sales may have slowed it or stopped it :/. Personally I passed on this because I think the face is way off, I would have preferred if they went with the 1/6th head sculpt ;p Otherwise I vastly prefer a statue.

Based on video reviews and the in-hand photos, I don't think it was all that great. That flag was also a weird touch (unless he's smuggling flags). Thankfully, the 1/6 figure blew me away and was a superb representation of Mal.

I was excited to hear about that Mal statue when it was announced but disappointed when I saw it. Very happy I waited for the 1/6 figure.

I think Firefly is probably a slow burner for them (compared to ST), but at least they're still rolling forwards with it.

Firefly is very important to us and isn't on the back burner at all. However development time can vary due to different challenges in creating each character.

Firefly is very important to us and isn't on the back burner at all. However development time can vary due to different challenges in creating each character.

I hope that sales are going well for Mal, Dave. QMX did an oustanding job with him, and not all companies would have gone to the lengths you have with the improved head.

Between Firefly and The Princess Bride QMX is basically filling all the gaps in my collection. Now if someone with the right connections could do a Inception like move and plant the idea of a Battlestar Galactica line with at least Adama and Kara :monkey3

I didn't say it was on the back burner - the expression I used was "slow burner". Firefly is surely less popular than Star Trek.

Last edited:
Back