QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Jayne Cobb

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope that sales are going well for Mal, Dave. QMX did an oustanding job with him, and not all companies would have gone to the lengths you have with the improved head.

Between Firefly and The Princess Bride QMX is basically filling all the gaps in my collection. Now if someone with the right connections could do a Inception like move and plant the idea of a Battlestar Galactica line with at least Adama and Kara :monkey3
Yes I second this! Dave any chance of BSG?

So Trevor Grove isn't the sculptor for this line anymore? A bit disappointing.

No need to be disappointed. Jake Rahmier just posted these in his thread. Hope he won't mind me reposting here. Vimal did the sculpt and Jake painted it for SDCC. Think we're in good hands.
j1.jpg
j2.jpg
j3.jpg
j4.jpg

Thanks for the pics, Rjszar. Saw one of those on Vimal instagram, and that's how I found who our sculptor was.

Profile pics looks great, but as much as I love Vimal work I'm not completely sold on the frontal one. Maybe the error is going for an expression too neutral; Jayne is usually either smirking or grunting

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 mediante Tapatalk

I think it's great! Sure, I'd definitely prefer and expression of sorts, but the sculpt itself looks worthy of the line. Can't wait for him to be up for PO and see what other characters will be unveiled.

It's a good enough sculpt but completely lifeless. Almost like a death mask. This is where Trevor Grove excels at. Just look at Mal or his custom sculpts. They were all expressive and captured the characters well.

I agree, those ST sculpts are good examples of putting a little life into a sculpt. It doesn't have to be anything extreme, just a little bit of expression.

Good sculpt, but I wish it had a smirk.

Me too. Jayne can be quite expressive; even his neutral expressions usually have a hint of anger or a smirk

jayne_cobb_facial_hair.jpg

Ff_jayne.jpg

Don't know if this is already the final sculpt and production is already on its way (probably yes) but it would be perfect just changing that.

They went back to the drawing board on Mal's head a few times, maybe they will rework Jayne. I think the sculpt is fine as is though.

I'd probably display him with the hat off, judging by how oversized it looks. Would have loved to have the proper scaled hat though.

I think Jayne looks fine, but I really want them to hit a home run with Kaylee. :pray:

I really thought there would have been news for a preorder by now. It's going to take 15-20 years to get the whole crew if they keep going at this pace--if we even get the whole crew.

Back