QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone - very sorry for my long silence, but didn't want to post anymore updates until we were actually ready to deliver what we promised.

I'm very happy to say, that day has come! We have a limited stock of Mal articulated figures in the warehouse as of today and they are available for purchase on our website: Malcolm Reynolds 1:6 Scale Articulated Figure – Quantum Mechanix

I've promised to always be straight with you all and as such, I want to give you an explanation of the extended delay. Actually, let me show you a picture instead:

QMX_Firefly_Master_Series_Mal28.jpg

The Mal on the left is what we had coming in from the factory a few months ago. The Mal on the right is what's in our warehouse right now.

As you can see, the Mal we got in the Fall was great in every respect except the most important - the portrait. The head was just not acceptable in our opinion, so we brought on a new partner to completely redo the head from the original master. The results were vastly better and, we felt, deliver the level of quality we promised you.

If you choice to buy a Mal figure, he'll come with two heads: The original, less-than-ideal head and the much-improved second head. We decided to include both so you can see the difference for yourself.

This part probably goes without saying, but we are still honoring the original promised price of $179.95. The delays and additional costs weren't your fault, so you shouldn't have to pay for it, right?

Finally, I want to personally apologize how long this took but, hopefully you'll agree, it was worth the wait. We have limited stock of the Mal figure, so if we do sell out not to worry, we should have more within the next two weeks.

Thanks again for your patience. Hope you all are having a great holiday!

It's a Christmas maricle! Ordered! How long until they ship :yess:

Cancelled my BBTS order for $165 shipped in favor of the $191 shipped from qmx after tax to Florida. Few reasons... Getting him quicker, the Lassiter and helping move your warehouse stock. BRING ON THE REST OF THE TEAM! Thank you so much Andy!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Surely these shipping prices on QMX are a mistake $155 as the cheapest option up to nearly $500 for uk shipping?

Wow awesome! I had basically given up and then out of the blue I got the email. Thanks for going the extra mile and for keeping it affordable.

Hey everyone - we're aware that website isn't charging accurately for some international orders. We're working on the problem, but due to the holidays, may not have it resolved until Monday. If you were overcharged we will be adjusting (and refunding) any difference owed early next week.

This issue does not effect domestic shipping, which is currently free for USPS priority within the contiguous a United States.

Hey everyone - we're aware that website isn't charging accurately for some international orders. We're working on the problem, but due to the holidays, may not have it resolved until Monday. If you were overcharged we will be adjusting (and refunding) any difference owed early next week.

This issue does not effect domestic shipping, which is currently free for USPS priority within the contiguous a United States.

Andy, do you have any idea how much longer UK stockists will take to get their figures in? Will it be much longer after you start shipping in the US? It's just with import duty and shipping costs etc, it would probably be better to buy from UK stores.

Andy... will there be other options for shipping? Fedex is SO expensive to canada... and I can't shell out the dough HOPING for a refund... y'know??

Wow how did the one factory screw it up soooo much it looks awful. Thanks Andy we were all very worried our dreams were dashed. I have mine ordered. Bring on Jayne.

Andy, do you have any idea how much longer UK stockists will take to get their figures in? Will it be much longer after you start shipping in the US? It's just with import duty and shipping costs etc, it would probably be better to buy from UK stores.

We pretty much ship first ordered, first served. So your order should go out early next week same time as everyone else who ordered today. Once we hand it off the the shipping service, we no longer have control over how long it'll take, especially with the holidays.

Sorry I don't have a more definitive answer!

So if you ship Monday by priority I'll have him Wed or Thurs. Exciting!

Andy... will there be other options for shipping? Fedex is SO expensive to canada... and I can't shell out the dough HOPING for a refund... y'know??

Unfortunately our options for shipping international are pretty limited. However, it's possible the price you're seeing my change once we make fixes to the FedEx calculator on the website. Best thing I can suggest is check again EOD Monday or Tuesday and see if there's any improvement.

Wow how did the one factory screw it up soooo much it looks awful. Thanks Andy we were all very worried our dreams were dashed. I have mine ordered. Bring on Jayne.

Needless to say, we will no longer be working with that particular factory. The good news is due to the necessity of finding partners who are as invested in "getting it right" as we are, we now have factories and an articulated dev team that are producing excellent work. Stay tuned, we have a lot more articulated figures in the pipeline that should be at least as good as Mal.

Needless to say, we will no longer be working with that particular factory. The good news is due to the necessity of finding partners who are as invested in "getting it right" as we are, we now have factories and an articulated dev team that are producing excellent work. Stay tuned, we have a lot more articulated figures in the pipeline that should be at least as good as Mal.
As things get brighter and you bring us the whole crew and star trek etc... You should look into giving us the Ghostbusters. Although I know Mattel has them on lock down.

We pretty much ship first ordered, first served. So your order should go out early next week same time as everyone else who ordered today. Once we hand it off the the shipping service, we no longer have control over how long it'll take, especially with the holidays.

Sorry I don't have a more definitive answer!

Thank you! I'll order from the UK and hope they don't take too long.

Back