QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG it looks magnificent! Faith has been restored! Totally 100% getting this now! Thank you for such quality control, Andy!

Btw, if you're reading this Andy, I was wondering if QMX has any official distributors in South East Asia (more specifically, Malaysia) since I'll be brutally taxed with the figure due to the combined cost of the figure and shipping. Yes, there are Browncoats here.

Needless to say, we will no longer be working with that particular factory. The good news is due to the necessity of finding partners who are as invested in "getting it right" as we are, we now have factories and an articulated dev team that are producing excellent work. Stay tuned, we have a lot more articulated figures in the pipeline that should be at least as good as Mal.

Can I get in on the production team? You should check out my shapeways shop. :lol

Nice fix, but man why the heck does everyone want me to pay heaps of money around Christmas. Worst are preorders, I'm starting to think preorder payments around this time is to help them get drunk over Christmas...

Sorry I need to wait for this till the next batch. I have budgeting issues till April I think.

When can the individuals who preordered the figure way way way back when expect to receive their figure? I preordered the figure when it was first offered?

Eh, no need to bother with the preorder at the moment. Sounds like they have a batch of figures they're ready to send off in the next couple weeks.

Might as well just try to go for one of those.

I ordered one 6 years ago from TWAW when it first went up. I wonder what the chances are of it getting fulfilled?

Hopefully getting photos Tuesday. Anyone close to qmx will have him the next day if they ship Monday.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

I assume they are getting theirs quick, like on the way to retailers, and the ones that Andy has now are just his exclusives.

Cali somewhere

Quantum Mechanix Inc.

6731 Variel Avenue

Canoga Park, CA 91303-2811

U.S.A.

Dang, opposite side of the country. At least they are using Priority mail instead of UPS like Sideshow.

Dang, opposite side of the country. At least they are using Priority mail instead of UPS like Sideshow.
Yea I'm in Florida. So Wed at the earliest. Likely Thursday.

The sculpt on the right obviously looks better than the one on the left. But if you drag the photo across itself with the mouse the details on the face line up the same - eyes, nose, mouth.

Is it just better paintwork and deeper sculpting of wrinkles?

Well the biggest problem was the head on the left was too big and inflated, with the features not appearing to be as deep-set as they should be. And then on top of that you had a very simplistic paintjob.

Back