QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this point if it doesn't come with that second improved head I'll cancel.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

It has to be a new head sculpt - it's the only thing that makes sense. When I talked to them at SDCC, the figures were scheduled to ship within 2 weeks to them, so the only reason why there'd be another 6 month delay is getting a new head. Please, be that the reason.

I pre-ordered this in May 2014. Wow. Eighteen (18) months. I'm remaining hopeful.

pre ordered in May 2014 through Diamond, If anyone wants to buy my pre-order from me I'd take $145 shipped, It's all paid for, just waiting for it, can't cancel from diamond and I need the cash.

Hey everyone - very sorry for my long silence, but didn't want to post anymore updates until we were actually ready to deliver what we promised.

I'm very happy to say, that day has come! We have a limited stock of Mal articulated figures in the warehouse as of today and they are available for purchase on our website: Malcolm Reynolds 1:6 Scale Articulated Figure – Quantum Mechanix

I've promised to always be straight with you all and as such, I want to give you an explanation of the extended delay. Actually, let me show you a picture instead:

QMX_Firefly_Master_Series_Mal28.jpg

The Mal on the left is what we had coming in from the factory a few months ago. The Mal on the right is what's in our warehouse right now.

As you can see, the Mal we got in the Fall was great in every respect except the most important - the portrait. The head was just not acceptable in our opinion, so we brought on a new partner to completely redo the head from the original master. The results were vastly better and, we felt, deliver the level of quality we promised you.

If you choose to buy a Mal figure, he'll come with two heads: The original, less-than-ideal head and the much-improved second head. We decided to include both so you can see the difference for yourself.

This part probably goes without saying, but we are still honoring the original promised price of $179.95. The delays and additional costs weren't your fault, so you shouldn't have to pay for it, right?

Finally, I want to personally apologize how long this took but, hopefully you'll agree, it was worth the wait. We have limited stock of the Mal figure, so if we do sell out not to worry, we should have more within the next two weeks.

Thanks again for your patience. Hope you all are having a great holiday!

What a great post! Thank you for being so open and honest. I wish all companies were like you. Great you're adding the extra head - that's going above and beyond.

Really pleased it's finally here!

So, a definite buy from me. I'm in the UK at the moment, do you deliver there?

EDIT: $154.26 delivery to the UK. Yeah, erm, wow. . .

Back