QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I think the only one they showed so far was a WIP of Jayne not too long after they showed the Mal prototype in Dallas in 2014. If they pull off a great Mal figure and get the manufacturing side worked out then they'll easily sell the entire crew.

I think that all of this trial and error up front is in expectation of the other figures going more smoothly. I don't think they'd bail out after laying out so much time, effort and money.

I think that all of this trial and error up front is in expectation of the other figures going more smoothly. I don't think they'd bail out after laying out so much time, effort and money.
I concur! They will see that their efforts in bringing us the best figure they could will pay off.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

I just spoke to Andy at QMX and got an update.

It's important to Andy that everyone know that the following info is still tentative, but it's clear that he's really working hard and sparing no expense in trying to bring us the best 1/6 Mal possible.

Marf, did he happen to confirm that the issue with the unsatisfactory head was the size/proportion and not the paint job? (Just me being paranoid.)

Ok cool, guess I must have missed that.

136ace70576de4e305b485bccb405561.jpg

Hopefully the other factory does a good job for them. I'm sure all their profits on this figure will be eaten away by having to make all new heads again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I tap out on this one. Was very excited but the quality went down the toilet and QMx pretty much saying "***** off fan base!" is really discouraging.

Poor form boys. Poor form.

Making a last effort of saving the release by doing a second (hopefully) better sculpt to add to the package with the dissapointing production sculpt is tantamount to "**** off fan base"? :dunno

Yeah as incredibly frustrating as the wait has been, it appears that they still DO want to have a good figure for customers in the end. They just seem to have had reaaaaally bad luck with the production side of things for some reason.

The funny thing is I have about the parts for a custom Malcolm Reynolds (head & sculpted boots from Trevolver,outfit from SMG) but I need to paint the head. As it was a bit oversized I never progressed it - if the head is terrible I guess I can always get this one painted up. Bit surprised cos I think they actually either used that head or Trevor did a rework on it.

Trevor did a new sculpt for them. The hope issue is that from the photos it looks like the factory inflated the head and it looks much worse than before, but it's unclear what the final version will look like, or when it will come out.

I'm a believer. I was one of the first to preorder the Mal prop pistol. QMx had the same problems with that also. Took almost a year to get it right, but they kept at it, and the finished prop is great and a featured item in my Firefly collection.

QMx has always turned out quality items, and I don't think this will be any different. Keep the faith.

Old Grandpa

I am out on this too. I am happy with my custom and will probably be able to pick one of these up later if it turns out to be better than what we've seen. To many other things coming out that I would rather spend money on.

Back