QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if I made it sound like an either or situation. I think they should do a line of busts in addition to the statues and figures. As I see from your collection you have the space for statues. I on the other hand don't and would like to have a set of Firefly busts instead of just one statue of Mal or Jayne.

Ahh, well I'm all for more options.

I really am hoping for a Battlestar Galactica figure line as well. No one has ever done 1/6 BSG figures and my collection really needs an Adama, Apollo, and Starbuck.

Hi Liz - thanks for your note. I'm sorry to say we developed a whole line of adorable Doctor Who figures, but the BBC simply wouldn't approve them. So I'm sad to say they'll likely never make it to collectors, despite our best efforts.

Sometimes studios are your greatest asset in the development process. And sometimes not.

Aww, that's a shame, I bet I would have loved them. :( Hope you have better luck with your other licenses in the future. Also I hope you'll be making a 1/6 Inara figure, she's my favourite female character on Firefly.

Aww, that's a shame, I bet I would have loved them. :( Hope you have better luck with your other licenses in the future. Also I hope you'll be making a 1/6 Inara figure, she's my favourite female character on Firefly.

Thanks, Liz. It really is a shame. But some studios are just easier to work with than others.

Oh, you bet – we will *definitely* be doing Inara in 1/6!

Thanks, Liz. It really is a shame. But some studios are just easier to work with than others.

Oh, you bet – we will *definitely* be doing Inara in 1/6!
Amazing! Going to be the best shelf in my collection. Andy, don't do what sideshow just did with that nathan Drake figure please... Go peak of you haven't seen it yet.

I know this is off topic, but since you folks asked, Just got previews of our first two Buffy products - the animated maquette I mentioned (sculpted by the one and only Tim Miller) and that "different" product: A plush replica of Mr. Pointy :)

buffymaquette-wm.jpg

https://store.qmxonline.com/Buffy-the-Vampire-Slayer-Maquette_p_298.html

mrpointy1.jpg

https://store.qmxonline.com/Mr-Pointy-Plush_p_295.html

Hope you like!

I really am hoping for a Battlestar Galactica figure line as well. No one has ever done 1/6 BSG figures and my collection really needs an Adama, Apollo, and Starbuck.

Majestic Studios made all three of those, plus a Cylon...unless you are talking about the Sci Fi series, in which case they made a Cylon and had Apollo in the works but I don't think it was ever released.

Back on topic...when is the PO for Mal??? The wait is killing me!

Majestic Studios made all three of those, plus a Cylon...unless you are talking about the Sci Fi series, in which case they made a Cylon and had Apollo in the works but I don't think it was ever released.

Back on topic...when is the PO for Mal??? The wait is killing me!

Yea, im talking about the new series. Which QMX has a licence for.

Plus the Majestic figures kind of sucked. Looked like Ken Dolls. Im sort of glad Apollo never worked out.

Ah, ok. Yeah, gotta agree with you there...Majestics figures weren't that hot. I'd be down for both Classic and the new series figures!

Yea, it would be pretty awesome. But you face the same problem you do with the Game of Thrones figure series. Too many characters.

There are the core characters:
-Starbuck
-Apollo
-Adama
-Six

But after that the main cast gets very big very fast.
-Athena/Boomer
-Tigh
-Helo
-Tyroll
-Baltar
-Roslin
-Cavill

And then the secondary but still important players:
-Gaeta
-Dualla
-Leoben
-Anders
-Kat
-Three

And I thought my Avengers collection was expensive!
But even having the core cast in my collection would be my grail pieces.

Last edited:
I know this is off topic, but since you folks asked, Just got previews of our first two Buffy products - the animated maquette I mentioned (sculpted by the one and only Tim Miller) and that "different" product: A plush replica of Mr. Pointy :)

Hope you like!

The plush Mr. Pointy is absolutely hilarious and I will totally buy that, but the animated statue looks cool but they aren't my style. I can't speak for everyone but I'm sure many Buffy fans will back me up in saying we are dying for 1/6 figures.

Well here we are, approaching mid-quarter 3 and no release news on Capt. Mal yet. Is this figure still on track for a late 3dr quarter release?

Old Grandpa

Mal's looking shiny!

My wallet will be aiming to misbehave around the time of the pre-order.

Back