QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New to the thread and I'm under the impression that this has not opened for PO on the QXM Site, but I did see on the product page that you can sign up for the wait list. I'm assuming this is not the same meaning as Sideshow's wait list, correct?

New to the thread and I'm under the impression that this has not opened for PO on the QXM Site, but I did see on the product page that you can sign up for the wait list. I'm assuming this is not the same meaning as Sideshow's wait list, correct?
Nope, it's a waitlist to be contacted when they are accepting money for him.

Nope, it's a waitlist to be contacted when they are accepting money for him.

Thanks for that info!
I'm so torn because this figure looks great, and I can only imagine that the rest will be phenomenal. I already have half of my Trevor heads painted and figures fully bashed, with the rest of the crew's heads in que to be painted.

It would be great to not have to worry about piecing together outfits for the rest of the crew, but I have already sank a decent amount into what I have.
I'm assuming others are in this boat, even further along than me, what are your plans?

It's a tricky situation, to be sure. That's where I am right now with my many, many half-finished Walking Dead customs. My plan is to make my WD customs the "battle damaged" versions. (Assuming the official figures turn out as good or better.) Barring that, I'll use my customs as extra swap-out parts for the licensed figures (like, for instance, I'll switch out heads to whichever one I like better.)

Are there alternate looks you like for Cap'n Tightpants & Company?

I pretty much have been going for the looks in the promotional materials, easily recognized. There's just a lot to be said for settling for old Hot Toys parts that are close, vs the prospect of QMX getting it right the first time. Like with Zoe for example, I tried for almost a year trying to find a pair of Sheva Hot Toys Boots, and the prices were going for over $100 plus shipping, and knowing that it QMX does the full crew, for just $70 more, you get the whole figure. I ended up settling for some other boots for her, but they are just kind of in the ballpark, but still not right.

I find some fun in tracking down bits for bashes, but when it becomes a situation where there are just certain pieces you cannot find, anywhere, no matter if you have cash on hand or not it gets frustrating.

Like with the Walking Dead Burns Belt situation, after about a year of looking on ebay every other day, I was willing to pay some god-awful amount to get one to finish Rick, and I was so damn relieved when Iminime offered their holster sets up for sale.

(Gah! That damn belt! It's the very last bit I'm still waiting for on the Sheriff Rick I started over three years ago!)

Totally agree, though. It's vastly preferable to have the most accurate look of the characters possible (for a reasonable price).

But I also kind of like the idea of having alternate looks that maybe aren't specifically from Firefly/Serenity. That way I can imagine there actually was a Season 2 in an alternate 'verse! :lol

Last edited:
With that in mind, any inside info on the 1/6th scale statue series, what's next, what will we see at SDCC and what's planned.

And I guess, just putting it way out there, any thoughts on an 'Artisan' 1/4 scale PF like series. While a PF of River/Kaylee, etc is my preferred option, if that's not going to happen, then I'd want them as 1/6 statues.

No plans to get into 1/4 this year, probably not next year at this point. We like 1/6 scale because it's big enough to show a lot of tasty detail, but small enough you can fit more than one in your museum ;-) Also, they're more affordable.

You know we announced our version of PF (we call it "Master Series") of Mal at the Battle of Serenity Valley, yes? He's actually in factory right now and we got the production sample which looks mighty shiny:

QMx-FF-MS-Mal-3.jpg

Here's the link to the product page: https://store.qmxonline.com/Malcolm-Reynolds-16-Scale-Master-Series-Statue_p_265.html

Kaylee's next, btw. And if we have our druthers, she'll come with a working parasol!

:)

These figures are killing me. I'm a huge QMx fan. Especially love my WH13 props. Such high quality and craftsmanship went into them. Heck, even into the Warehouse boxes that are made. And with Firefly, as important a show as it is to me, being handled by QMx, there's no doubt that I'm in.

Hey there, BuffyGirl! Thanks for the kind words, especially about WH13. That show is very near and dear to our hearts and we made a lot of life-long friends working with the WH13 team.

BTW, you might like to know we have acquired the rights for Buffy as well. And we're *very* close to debuting two new products for that as well! (I think you'll like 'em both)

This might be a bit of a left field question, but ...

If you guys design your own female base body and you're happy with the results, is there any chance you'd consider selling blanks? Customizers kind of have the same problems you guys do when it comes to finding good base bodies for female characters. I think there might be a market there for that.

Just wondering out loud ...

Well, as sad as it is to say, if we're lucky enough to "fix" the female body issue, no doubt certain factories will be "borrowing" whatever innovations we come up with in short order. So, yeah, I do think we'll OEM the design. Maybe even do it open source.

Ours is no obligation. We just want your e-mail addy so we can let you know when he goes on preorder :wink1:

Fully understand where you guys are coming from. Part of the fun with customs is the hunt and the help you get from other Forum members in acquiring the hard to find pieces. I was very fortunate to get into the Trevor sculpts early. Back when the Hot Toys Truetype female bodies were available and a pair of Sheva boots could be bought for a decent price. I was there when Chad made his Mal Dusters, and Trev sculpted the Mal Boots.

With the help of guys like Chris, Trev, Josh, Chad, Nathan, and Victoria I was able to complete my crew of 9 plus 2. I truly love these figures and am glad I spent the time and money it took to complete them. I will proudly display them on a shelf just above the QMx crew when they arrive. Their Mal will be different than mine and their Jayne will be different, and that's what's so great about the upcoming QMx crew, something new to love. Just hope I'm around long enough to collect the whole crew, so hurry up Andy.

Old Grandpa (turned 78 on 7/1/2014)

Kaylee's next, btw. And if we have our druthers, she'll come with a working parasol!

Cool, thanks for the info Andy, really looking forward to seeing a completely finished Kaylee.

I wonder if the 1/6 scale statue of River will be the classic DVD cover pose....

Hey there, BuffyGirl! Thanks for the kind words, especially about WH13. That show is very near and dear to our hearts and we made a lot of life-long friends working with the WH13 team.

BTW, you might like to know we have acquired the rights for Buffy as well. And we're *very* close to debuting two new products for that as well! (I think you'll like 'em both)

Wow! Firefly and Buffy licenses? Could an Angel license also be in the works??? I am very much interested in what is going to be produced. I am liking what I am seeing so far with Mal. These shows are some of my all-time favorites, so I am always on the lookout for cool collectibles from them. Looking forward to seeing more!

Andy,
Any chance of QMx doing Firefly busts? Love the 1/6 scale figures and will be picking a few up but would love to see some great looking busts done. Really limited on space. Maybe get Trevor to sculpt the heads.

Would also love to see some more Ghostbusters stuff.

Thanks-

Back