QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other one was under-priced for how much it cost them to produce, and if the new one is bigger and has a lot more stuff (they want to do more interior stuff) then it would be significantly more expensive.

I wonder why they went with "static" next. Wasn't there rumor for Jayne as the next 1/6 figure?
And now, a static line....

I'm sure I will be buying. :D

I'm guessing to appeal to as many people as possible. Some people like figures, some like statues or maquettes. I could never stand statues, I'm a total 1/6 figure kind of guy. :lol

I'm guessing to appeal to as many people as possible. Some people like figures, some like statues or maquettes. I could never stand statues, I'm a total 1/6 figure kind of guy. :lol

I think it depends; if a 1/6 statue or maquette is the only way to get a figure, I'm in. For example, I have the 1/6 scale maquette of Elvira on the shelf next to some of my HT females, and it fits right in. I have the Julie Newmar Catwoman maquette on pre-order, and when she arrives she's going on the shelf next to HT's 1966 Batman & Robin. And let's be honest, aside from being static, sometimes they look even better than the action figures.

The static ones allow them to get things like the clothing and their body proportions absolutely perfect, but the downside is that if the pose isn't something you like there's nothing you can do. After seeing the 1/6th figure and the static maquette the figure looks much better though, a better paint job.

I just pre-ordered him with my LCS. I saw him at DCC and just knew that I had to order him. Mal will be my first step into the 1/6 scale figures. I usually stick with statues and busts. Speaking of busts I'd love to see Trevor Grove do a series of Firefly busts for OMx.

While I have no interest in 1/6 figures, it looks/sounds like that Kaylee image just may well be the next polystone statue. Possible we will see a fully painted preview at SDCC even?

If so, then damn, I'm likely going to have to try and find some free display space, after all, my BDR needs her mechanic.

Hey guys! I swear, I just went out for a pack of cigarettes, and it's already almost Comic-Con :)

I know you're all *very* interested in seeing what's the next figure in our Firefly 1:6 Articulated line, so because I know I can trust you all to keep this to yourself, thought I'd share a little work-in-progress pic.

QMx-FF-Articulated-jayne-WIP18.jpg

Hope you're all pleased with this choice. He probably won't ship until Spring next year, so this please consider this a very early tease.

You've also been asking about our plans for bodies: It's true we're using modified Open Source bodies for the first couple of figures. The reasons for this are simple – the quality is fantastic, prices are reasonable and it's saving us time-to-market. But while there are great OEM body options out there for men, we're less impressed with what we're seeing for female bodies. So it's likely we'll be using an original design for that.

Oh, one last somewhat off-topic item: The folks who work on our super-high-end ship models just started a dev blog on Facebook to track development of that huge (1:124 scale) Firefly replica we have in the works. In case that's something you want to keep track of: https://www.facebook.com/FireflyShipWorks

Hey guys! I swear, I just went out for a pack of cigarettes, and it's already almost Comic-Con :)

I know you're all *very* interested in seeing what's the next figure in our Firefly 1:6 Articulated line, so because I know I can trust you all to keep this to yourself, thought I'd share a little work-in-progress pic.

View attachment 117933

Hope you're all pleased with this choice. He probably won't ship until Spring next year, so this please consider this a very early tease.

You've also been asking about our plans for bodies: It's true we're using modified Open Source bodies for the first couple of figures. The reasons for this are simple – the quality is fantastic, prices are reasonable and it's saving us time-to-market. But while there are great OEM body options out there for men, we're less impressed with what we're seeing for female bodies. So it's likely we'll be using an original design for that.

Oh, one last somewhat off-topic item: The folks who work on our super-high-end ship models just started a dev blog on Facebook to track development of that huge (1:124 scale) Firefly replica we have in the works. In case that's something you want to keep track of: https://www.facebook.com/FireflyShipWorks
Hey Andy, you probably missed this but I was Alans stuntdouble for a few episodes, I was really bummed when the show was canceled. Small world it is
aju5a6ug.jpg

Hey Andy, you probably missed this but I was Alans stuntdouble for a few episodes, I was really bummed when the show was canceled. Small world it is.[/IMG]

Sweet! Met Alan for the first time last week (coincidental meeting). He's exactly as funny, snarky and awesome as I'd always imagined ;-)

excited for Jayne but....I'm more antsy for when those of us who got on the waitlist for Mal will finally get an email saying we can order. I know today just marks the beginning of Q3 but man I'm anxious to finally place a live order for him

Back