QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9040. Mine shipped. Looks like Monday. Saturday if I'm very lucky.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Mine shipped yesterday, and I'm roughly 90 mins from Canoga, so with any luck I'll have mine today!

Mine shipped yesterday, and I'm roughly 90 mins from Canoga, so with any luck I'll have mine today!

Well, if they handle your package the way they have been handling one of mine, maybe mid January. Don't know what's going on in CA, but my Magneto figure just kinda moves from one place to another and then sits and then moves again, never getting out of the state.

Just got mine, and all I have to say is kudos to Andy and QMX! They have really delivered with Mal.

The tailoring is great, and every little detail of his ensemble has been accounted for, right down to his dog tags.

And the sculpt...wow, what a pleasant surprise! The figure comes with the old sculpt attached to the figure, but ignore that and go straight for the new sculpt packaged between his legs. The difference is incredible! No casting distortion whatsoever, and the paint is seriously on par with Hot Toys, if not better because it doesn't have that "freckling" technique they (imo) overuse. Just a nice, natural, almost translucent skin tone. My pics below don't capture all the detail and realism packed into the paintjob, but you will all be impressed in hand.

Thank you, Andy, for taking the time to make this release so wonderful! You have made this Browncoat very happy. :)

I plan to take DSLR pics of the full figure as soon as I can. :duff

Just got mine, and all I have to say is kudos to Andy and QMX! They have really delivered with Mal.

The tailoring is great, and every little detail of his ensemble has been accounted for, right down to his dog tags.

And the sculpt...wow, what a pleasant surprise! The figure comes with the old sculpt attached to the figure, but ignore that and go straight for the new sculpt packaged between his legs. The difference is incredible! No casting distortion whatsoever, and the paint is seriously on par with Hot Toys, if not better because it doesn't have that "freckling" technique they (imo) overuse. Just a nice, natural, almost translucent skin tone. My pics below don't capture all the detail and realism packed into the paintjob, but you will all be impressed in hand.

Thank you, Andy, for taking the time to make this release so wonderful! You have made this Browncoat very happy. :)

I plan to take DSLR pics of the full figure as soon as I can. :duff

Dude. Looks great! How is the body posing wise? Is it natural? And also, since the head was replaced, how does it match with the hands? Paint job on them ok?

Last edited:
WOW! That is an amazing improvement! Bravo QMX for not settling and finding a better factory! Bravo! :clap

If I was really mean, I would say the one on the left looks like a Sideshow head and the one on the right looks like a Hot Toys head! :monkey3

The factory responsible for the one on the left should be shut down!

Dude. Looks great! How is the body posing wise? Is it natural? And also, since the head was replaced, how does it match with the hands? Paint job on them ok?

The body is good, looks to be your standard narrow shoulder TT equivalent in proportion and posing capabilities. Joints are nice and tight.

The paint job on the hands is nice, there is even a well done vein detail, but the tone is closer to the V1 sculpt. It would hardly be noticeable on display, though, and our hands don't match our face, anyhow. :)

If I was really mean, I would say the one on the left looks like a Sideshow head and the one on the right looks like a Hot Toys head! :monkey3

We're all thinking it, even if we're not saying it...:lol

I ordered mine and paid the overinflated shipping price on the proviso that I'd be refunded the difference when it shipped, as stated would happen by Andy. Fingers crossed it actually happens....

Back